Take away The Rock's mic skills and...

Options

Comments

• AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Please. Rock has 5 or near 5 star matches with HHH, Steve Austin multiple times each, Hogan, and others. Rock had the best match with Goldberg, no one else. Rock always entertains. He even had an entertaining match after years of hiatus with Cena.

Um, i'm sorry but that Rock/Goldberg match was garbage. The Rock's best matches were with Stone Cold. All of their matches were classics. And again... I haven't kept up with the WWE in quite some time but i've seen The Rock/Cena match on youtube and that was also garbage.

• lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been thinking this for the longest. Ya'll think it's great just because he made you laugh. He wasn't the best or worst but like he said, without taking ? he'll just be an average wrestler.

which would be any wrestler duh

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The Rock's rivalry with Stone Cold Steve Austin made him. Without that rivalry, Rock would not be as big as he was
  • lookdude
    Options
    The Rock's rivalry with Stone Cold Steve Austin made him. Without that rivalry, Rock would not be as big as he was

Fukk outta here, I know this is corny but 'the people' made the rock lol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    lookdude wrote: »

That rivalry defined him. Stone Cold was that man who could whoop the Rock. And the Rock was that man who could whoop Stone Cold. Both careers were made bigger by that rivalry.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "this classic rivalry help define the career of this classic wrestler"

I.E. : like all classic wrestling careers
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

His rivalry w/ Foley in late 98/Early 99 made him more
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    CM PUSHER wrote: »

His rivalry w/ Foley in late 98/Early 99 made him more

His rivalry with foley wasn't an.epic trilogy selling out areans
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    Options
    FOH with Foley/Rock rivalry being bigger and better then Austin/Rock... Austin and The Rock had thee most chemistry in the ring together then anyone else they have faced. Austin/Rock rivalry had it all. Always a great atmosphere when those 2 locked up in the ring. Rock/Foley was a entertaining rivalry as well. I loved their "I Quit Match" at the Rumble in 99'. But it ain't ? with the Austin/Rock feud.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't say it was bigger, I didn't even say it was better.

I said it made Rock a legit top guy More so than his fued w/ Austin. w/o that fued, there probably never would have been Austin/Rock (at that time, 1999)
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    "I did it for the Rock"
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    Options
    CM PUSHER wrote: »
    I didn't say it was bigger, I didn't even say it was better.

I said it made Rock a legit top guy More so than his fued w/ Austin. w/o that fued, there probably never would have been Austin/Rock (at that time, 1999)

My bad homie... I misread what you said. But yea, your right... It sure did solidify The Rock and shoot him all the way up the ladder. But we got to see what The Rock was really all about when he started feuding with Austin. I mean, I loved that feud so much and their feud had a perfect ending at WM19 with The Rock finally beating Stone Cold. I would watch Austin/Rock feud for one more time if it ever happened again... Who knows? Austin has said he wanted to come back and wrestle for one last time.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    the rock & owen hart were ethered in this video. Xpac got a lil racist...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fmdaLw8XVo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All people make the wrestlers.
  • lookdude
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

All people make the wrestlers.

To a certain extent They told that ? to die

Who made randy orton ? Triple H by beating the ? outta
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock's mic skills made him a star. As a wrestler he was very mediocre. Wasn't as bad as Cena or Hogan though. He sells better and is more athletic than both of them cats.

Foley doing all them jobs and letting Rock damn near ? him made the big homie career. The I Quit Match, Empty Arena Match and the Ladder Match trilogy put Rock on the map as a credible dude to put up against Austin at Wrestlemania.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Rock's mic skills made him a star. As a wrestler he was very mediocre. Wasn't as bad as Cena or Hogan though. He sells better and is more athletic than both of them cats.

Foley doing all them jobs and letting Rock damn near ? him made the big homie career. The I Quit Match, Empty Arena Match and the Ladder Match trilogy put Rock on the map as a credible dude to put up against Austin at Wrestlemania.

That's what i'm saying. People crazy to think The Rock would be as big as he is now if he didn't have those mic skills. Let's say The Rock never had those amazing mic skills... He would probably still be a big star in wrestling (John Cena)
    and get stuck doing WWE movies. I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm not knocking The Rock, he's in my Top 10 of all-time. But he would pretty much be a John Cena if he never left the WWE fulltime or maybe pull a Dave Batista and try a different occupation (MMA). Austin was a game changer. With Austin he had it all... The top guy, knew how to wrestle even when his body started catching up with him at the end of his career, had the crowd on lock, great mic skills. Austin was the real complete package.

If were talking about the WWF/WWE's biggest stars to ever lace them up... The biggest stars the E has ever seen... Impact, mic skills, knew how to wrestle, complete control of the crowd...

1.) Austin
    2.) Hogan
    3.) The Rock
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    edited December 2012
    Options
    [quote=That's what i'm saying. People crazy to think The Rock would be as big as he is now if he didn't have those mic skills. Let's say The Rock never had those amazing mic skills... He would probably still be a big star in wrestling (John Cena)
    and get stuck doing WWE movies. I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm not knocking The Rock, he's in my Top 10 of all-time. But he would pretty much be a John Cena if he never left the WWE fulltime or maybe pull a Dave Batista and try a different occupation (MMA). Austin was a game changer. With Austin he had it all... The top guy, knew how to wrestle even when his body started catching up with him at the end of his career, had the crowd on lock, great mic skills. Austin was the real complete package.

If were talking about the WWF/WWE's biggest stars to ever lace them up... The biggest stars the E has ever seen... Impact, mic skills, knew how to wrestle, complete control of the crowd...

1.) Austin
    2.) Hogan
    3.) The Rock

Hogan to be honest, is a ? but impact alone is what has him at #2

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Please. Rock has 5 or near 5 star matches with HHH, Steve Austin multiple times each, Hogan, and others. Rock had the best match with Goldberg, no one else. Rock always entertains. He even had an entertaining match after years of hiatus with Cena.

Cosign everything you said except the entertaining match with Cena.

The Rock could not carry Cena's trash to make an entertaining match.

Cena is simply trash and uncoordinated.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    By the way the Rock's wrestling skills >> Austin's performance

That fat mafucker was not a great wrestler but telling ? "? you" and stunning the ? outta them is GOAT.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    Options
    GTFOH with The Rock's wrestling skills being better then Austin... Now that right there is a bunch of ? . Austin carried The Rock's ? ass in all of their matches. Austin was the better wrestler, had the bigger pops, and always beat The Rock except for Austin's last match at WM19. The Rock wouldn't be in the position he is in now if it weren't for Austin being the GOAT. Vince McMahon has even stated many times Austin is the greatest. Why you think Austin is always in the middle or in front of everybody else when they put everybody on the same cover? Cuz he made the biggest impact out of anyone in WWE history. The Rock was never a great wrestler and a lot of people know this. He damn near almost ruined Bret Hart's sharpshooter... It looked more like a ? version of a Boston Crab. The only thing The Rock had going for him in the ring was his Rock Bottom and that wack ass People's Elbow. The Rock had great mic skills but that's it... He's ? overrated IMO.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the rock is not the best technician but he is not close to being bad...hes a showman...he's the best at selling his opponnets moves no one does that better and thats just as maybe more important than execution...he makes his opposition look better...and lol @ "he always beat the rock except for the last match at WM19".....really ? ...really?
  • Sour-Cream
    edited December 2012
    Options
    GTFOH with The Rock's wrestling skills being better then Austin... Now that right there is a bunch of ? . Austin carried The Rock's ? ass in all of their matches. Austin was the better wrestler, had the bigger pops, and always beat The Rock except for Austin's last match at WM19. The Rock wouldn't be in the position he is in now if it weren't for Austin being the GOAT. Vince McMahon has even stated many times Austin is the greatest. Why you think Austin is always in the middle or in front of everybody else when they put everybody on the same cover? Cuz he made the biggest impact out of anyone in WWE history. The Rock was never a great wrestler and a lot of people know this. He damn near almost ruined Bret Hart's sharpshooter... It looked more like a ? version of a Boston Crab. The only thing The Rock had going for him in the ring was his Rock Bottom and that wack ass People's Elbow. The Rock had great mic skills but that's it... He's ? overrated IMO.

Bruh, you can't possibly believe your own ? , you loss me at listening to Vince McMahon. The same dude that thinks John Cena is the ? .

The Rock is a better athlete than Austin's fat sloppy ass and truth be told both of them were GOAT in their matches and hold their own. Rock has a slight advantage simply off his wrestling skills or else he wouldn't be top 10. All his matches are and were GOAT except Cena cause that ? sucks. Mic skills can only get you but so far. There's a lot of wrestlers that have great mic skills but Rock could talk ? and whip your ass at THE SAME DAMN TIME.

The reason why Rocky had that ? ass sharpshooter was cause WWE promotes every top wrestler to have a submission move. The People's elbow and the Rock Bottom are GOAT moves, FOH b.

The Peoples Elbow is the greatest elbow drop of all time, point blank.

? , get your wrestling knowledge up, Austin and Rock are tied on wins/losses. They owned the Attitude era.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread summary= cena sucks
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Before Owen Broke dudes neck Austin was a better wrestler than Rock.

And Macho Man's Elbow is the GOAT of all Elbows