Stuff I don't like about the New 52

Options
ShencotheMC
ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Quite Comical
Now we've all enjoyed most of the re branding that DC has gone through over the past two years, but here's some stuff I just can't rock with. A list of complaints if you will. The list will most likely grow and please feel free to add on. Some of these complaints are about stuff that's in progress but atm I gotta question and gripe about.

Why did Joker cut his face off only to return and slap that ? back on with clamps? (I'll credit that to insanity)

Also, where the ? WAS the Joker for that whole year? Did he really spend a year underground just to come back with this plot of recreating him and batman's first encounters? (hopefully will be explained later on)

Lois Lane not with Superman. Okay I really didn't care about this one untill....

Superman and Wonder Woman are messing with each other. Stop! No! Dear ? please do not let this ? happen. I'm tired of this cliche' ass pairing. Please tell me Batman is about to Fayettenam bomb this ? to pieces.

Speaking of Batman, I just gotta say...5 ? books? Don't get me wrong, Batman will always and forever be that ? ...but FIVE ? BOOKS? They really gave this ? 5 books all surrounded by what Batman's doing? We got Batman, Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman and Robin, then Batman Incorporated, and Detective Comics. You telling me DC got no other characters in the background somewhere that can get a run? Is that what you're telling me? Because it sounds like that's exactly what you're telling me. Nobody else can get a solo run? My ? Jackson Hyde(Aqualad) can't get no tick? SMH

More Starling. That ? is trill

Why is Static not with the Teen Titans yet?

Starfire forgetting who she was and basically letting the whole team smash

This third wave of series is wack.

Even though it's been good so far wtf thought Animal Man was deserving of a solo?

It seems like I'm waiting long as hell for a new issue each month.

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You gotta drop dem scan bruh man.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co sign batman having 5 ? books. I follow Detective, Dark Knight, and Batman. Batman being my favorite so far. I follow Nightwing too.

It was in the first couple issues of Darknight that joker cut off his face and gave it to the villain (cant remember his ? name) so joker could disappear for awhile, they all assumed joker was dead. Goes into it a little bit in suicide squad too.

Co sign new waves being whack, i like Dial H and im trying to give Phantom Stranger a shot but dunno how long ill be following.

Gotta pick up that new Talon book tho, the court of the owls storyline was dope as ? .
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    You gotta drop dem scan bruh man.

Scans of what? The books?
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Co sign batman having 5 ? books. I follow Detective, Dark Knight, and Batman. Batman being my favorite so far. I follow Nightwing too.

It was in the first couple issues of Darknight that joker cut off his face and gave it to the villain (cant remember his ? name) so joker could disappear for awhile, they all assumed joker was dead. Goes into it a little bit in suicide squad too.

Co sign new waves being whack, i like Dial H and im trying to give Phantom Stranger a shot but dunno how long ill be following.

Gotta pick up that new Talon book tho, the court of the owls storyline was dope as ? .

I know about them thinking he was dead and whatnot but wtf was the point? Dude cut his face off then dipped for a whole year. Then comes back and is trying to recreate all of him and Batman's past encounters. I mean did it take him a whole year to get all the info on the batman family and come up with this plan because this ? is so unnecessary right now.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    This is the Superman and Wonder Woman and Batman stuff I'm talking about

25sl6yg.jpg

505jld.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

I know about them thinking he was dead and whatnot but wtf was the point? Dude cut his face off then dipped for a whole year. Then comes back and is trying to recreate all of him and Batman's past encounters. I mean did it take him a whole year to get all the info on the batman family and come up with this plan because this ? is so unnecessary right now.

I think that was the point. My memory is a bit foggy, but i just read Suicide Squad #14 and Joker said while hes been away he has been keeping tabs on Harley (and im assuming everyone else). He knew about Harley and Deadshot hooking up and he beat the hell out of her. It was a pretty dope issue. Ill try re reading the early detective comics and gettin back to you, i beleive it was detective 1-4 or something that explained better why the joker left.

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    But yeah it took him a whole year, thats a huge team lol

Batman
    Robin
    Red Robin
    Nightwing
    Red Hood
    Birds of Prey
    Batgirl
    Suicide Squad (harley)
    Talon
    Possibly Batwing.
  • Wonder Girl
    Wonder Girl Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

25sl6yg.jpg

505jld.jpg

Good scans. I hate this too. They don't need to be together. Batman/Wonder Woman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman/Wonder Woman.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

25sl6yg.jpg

505jld.jpg

Gotdayum. Soul. Burn. Slow.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »

25sl6yg.jpg

505jld.jpg

Gotdayum. Soul. Burn. Slow.

Idk if it's ether in the sense that Batman wanted her himself (we'll have to see next issue...which is like a month away) but more so that he don't like this ? with the team chemistry and also the fact that these are the two most powerful metas on the planet getting together
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman the ? thats why he has 5 books (6 if u include Justice League) but yeah he seems salty about Supes and WW...
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    batman had like 3 or 4 books before the reboot as well , its just like how spiderman and wolverine are in everything
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    batman had like 3 or 4 books before the reboot as well , its just like how spiderman and wolverine are in everything

And that was/is still ? . No reason to have five ? books. Cats didn't like Wolverine on all them squads back then either. Homie was with the x-force, x-men, his own book, avengers, and...some other book I'm forgetting all at the same damn time. He was overexposed like a muhfucka. That's the reason why you got a growing base of cats who don't like Wolverine. i'm saying though two of them books could have gone to some other character
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Co-sign

Batman/Wonder Woman>>>>>>>>>Superman/Wonder Woman.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall forget, they tried the WW supes pairing before way way back in the day but fan boys rioted because it was cliche, so they went with bats.

Now they like ? it, we need a change plus it does make logical sense, Damien wayne killed any moment the WW/Bats romance could of had. Plus supes needs a change from damn Lois Lane, it's like how spidey needed a break from MJ with one more day
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Jesus Christ I forgot how many Batman/Wonder Woman shippers there were on this site lol
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Batman the ? thats why he has 5 books (6 if u include Justice League) but yeah he seems salty about Supes and WW...

And that was/is still ? . No reason to have five ? books. Cats didn't like Wolverine on all them squads back then either. Homie was with the x-force, x-men, his own book, avengers, and...some other book I'm forgetting all at the same damn time. He was overexposed like a muhfucka. That's the reason why you got a growing base of cats who don't like Wolverine. i'm saying though two of them books could have gone to some other character

In a historical context, Supes and The Batman have always been in different titles. In the Golden Age Supes was in Action, Superman, and he co-starred with The Batman and Robin in The World's Finest Comics. The Batman was in his own title and of course 'Tec.

In the Silver Age, there were those "Superman Family," books such as Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane, Superboy and Adventure Comics, which featured Superboy.

When we get to the 80's, DC put The Batman in The Outsiders. Finally, we can't forget Supes and The Batman's carious stints in the Justice League.

Co-sign. ? seemed to forget that X-Men damn near got canceled, (the same with Detective Comics). That's how Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Apache, and Wolverine came to be, boost sales of X-Men. If you notice, in those early issues Logan is more of a supporting character, if anything, the book is about Jean, Scott, and the Phoenix. After that, Ororo takes centerstage and Claremont goes into the "big sister, little sister," aspect of their relationship.

As Wolverine didn't get popular until the Wolverine and Kitty Pride miniseries and Logan didn
    't become the mutants breakout character, until the Mutant Massacre. Claremont and Bryne intended for Kurt to be the breakout character.

I know Marvel and DC are beholden to their shareholders, but the brass at these companies often loose sight as to what sells comics, that's good storytelling and good artwork.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Always Thought Bruce Couldn't Handle That Amazonian ? ...But What Do I Know
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    SMH this ain't about to become a batman/wonder woman thread, Ima just bump the old one on that topic
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In terms of the more mainstream heroes I like what they've done with Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and The Flash. I don't like how condensed the Batman timeline is now and all the dumb changes and inconsistencies that brings. I don't like that the last Booster Gold series was basically thrown in the trash while Green Lantern gets to act like nothing has happened.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Batman has different books because he's a cash cow for the company. Just like Green Lantern. Yeah DC Comics your aim as a comic publisher is to make money off of comic books but you won't make money off of comic books that will bring in easy money? not gonna happen.

The books also appeal to different audiences. I think the flagship book under Snyder sucks but is hilariously entertaining because it's so bad. Morrison's Inc is the only one that I actually buy with pride because it always feels worth the money. The Dark Knight is trying to go for a more darker type of psychology type of tone.

Detective is sticking to Batman being...a detective. Batman & Robin is about exploring his relationship with his son. Legends of the Dark Knight is more in the adventurous tone of the bronze age comics books. Just because there are multiple Batman books on the market it doesn't mean you MUST read all of them. People like Batman for different reasons and now they have more options to choose from to suit their tastes better.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    superman sales have increased 42%.

aint going away anytime soon. You guys can thank marvel and spiderman for this
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the only new 52 books i been missing wit was JL, nothing didnt make me jump unless it had crisis on it
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Amanda Waller's ? not getting enough screentime
    2qtffo0.jpg
    1z3nzvl.jpg
    (sidenote that's her stabbing dude in the testicles)

Deadshot coming back. I like dude and all, but it was actually cool that he killed himself to take out that dude
  • atlnever
    atlnever Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Options
    LOL. They made her hot.