Let's Talk About: Demonic Possession & Exorcisms

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I don't believe in this ? personally but a lot of people seem to. So what you think? Real or fake?

Demonic Possession:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=t8E1a63NB2c

A short story on National Geographic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=uoA-dBREM5c&fulldescription=1

I aint never seen an agnostic or atheist get possessed by a demon....that type of ? only happens to believers.

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It doesn't only happen to believers...A kid who don't know ? bout no religion but is "possessed"...Is not a believer...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe its either fake or a real psychological issue.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No divine or entity bull-ish though.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But on topic...I can't say whether it's real or not, but I think it is...
  • jono
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 a believers says of course it only happens to believers, its the devil trying to ? their faith!
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i believe Its real, but also that all genuine cases of real demonic possession ceased happening after the mission of Jesus apostles was fulfilled
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its possible that people cang et possessed.
    I dont mean demonic possession like lucifer
    and devils, but peoples evil spirits that roam the
    world would probably seek to possess people for
    the ? of it.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread will fail. Dont they have a sub forum for these topics? U cant go in a room full of ignorance and atheists, expecting an honest discussion on this. Unless you made thread with sarcastic properties involved.
  • Young Thug
    Young Thug Members Posts: 252 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    This thread will fail. Dont they have a sub forum for these topics? U cant go in a room full of ignorance and atheists, expecting an honest discussion on this. Unless you made thread with sarcastic properties involved.

i hate to be rude but

3pb6hz.jpg
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I think its all ?
  • Demarco27
    Demarco27 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Demonic posession= pyschotic delusions

I remember one of my goofy ass homeboys thought his next door neighbors house was inhabited by a demon spirit. We had just came from our homegirl house having a group discussion in which the topic turned to ? . I go to drop him off and he showing me the house next door and saying the neighbors left but the "Fan is going real fast" and "U see that light, it wasnt on before"...smh. IM like dude...maybe just maybe the neighbors moved and havent turned their electricity off yet. Or they may have it on a timer. SMMFH
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Emily Rose for example, the family was heavily religious, the mother was told by a lady when she was pregnant with Emily that her daughter would be possessed. The mother of course took careful heed to protect her daughter. No doubt this had an effect on the child's mind and imo played a huge part in what happened to her. I believe Emily's mother believed to such a degree her daughter would be possessed that when Emily wasn't actually 'getting possessed' by this 'demon' she did a munchhausen by proxy and started poisoning her with lead. I mean she couldn't have all those years of precautions and years of protection go to waste, she HAD to become 'sick'. Emily of course would have been unaware of why she was getting sick and believe she was actually possessed just like her mother said she would and just like that lady told her mom.

Imo, we create the demons we become possessed by or others help to create in our mind. You lock onto something so hard, you become it.
    Edit:real name Anneliese Michel
  • Amotekun
    Options
    You ever ntoice in these shows like The Haunting and Paranormal Witness, it's always white folks gettin
    ? up by ghosts.

Now Ive had paranormal experiences and Ive heard of other black people
    having paranormal experiences, but never to the extent of some ill ? goin on
    like int he aforementioned shows.

Like what black person you know have an amityville story?
    Just curious as to why that could be.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    You ever ntoice in these shows like The Haunting and Paranormal Witness, it's always white folks gettin
    ? up by ghosts.

Now Ive had paranormal experiences and Ive heard of other black people
    having paranormal experiences, but never to the extent of some ill ? goin on
    like int he aforementioned shows.

Like what black person you know have an amityville story?
    Just curious as to why that could be.

This has stuck with me ever since I read about it. Carl Jung said when he was traveling and talking to different tribes this one chief said, "The white people, their eyes, always searching, what are they looking for?" And so my ass lands up on this site and there's joke about how white people have no souls, wtf if that's what their searching for!?!? lol ? that'd be ? up
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    And as ? up as it is, and I never noticed until I read that, white people do have a 'lost soul' look in their eye, and it's not usually until they've done some serious 'soul searching' does it change.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    In my experience, it is real, & practically everyone is possessed to some extent. just because its not as blatant as the mainstream portrays it doesnt mean thats all it is. you have to have the faculties to even see such things. for the most part babies, young children, & the initiated are even privy to this on more than just an intellect level, 9x out of 10.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    And as ? up as it is, and I never noticed until I read that, white people do have a 'lost soul' look in their eye, and it's not usually until they've done some serious 'soul searching' does it change.

I swear to ? it wouldnt surprise me if white people had no souls per se. Done some pretty gnarly and ? up ? . Not just classical europeans but indo-europeans/aryans the pale skinned ethnicities of asia japan/china/n. korea...I think yall lack that spiritual sixth sense too, or just arrogantly ignore it on some manifest destiny comeuppance type ? .

like really build subdivisions on indian burial grounds... smh

• BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    .IRS. wrote: »

I swear to ? it wouldnt surprise me if white people had no souls per se. Done some pretty gnarly and ? up ? . Not just classical europeans but indo-europeans/aryans the pale skinned ethnicities of asia japan/china/n. korea...I think yall lack that spiritual sixth sense too, or just arrogantly ignore it on some manifest destiny comeuppance type ? .

like really build subdivisions on indian burial grounds... smh

Yeah like maybe in the collective psyche of white people our souls are withdrawn because of what has occurred. I mean, it's pretty damn hard to see the soul of a serial killer ya know? some would even say they don't have one at all, it left the building!

I have/do ponder it quite a bit.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Possessed people are full of ? .
  • jono
    Options
    the only thing more fulla ? than a possessed person is a exorcist or people that perform "deliverance". White folks call it "exorcism", black folks call it "deliverance" regardless of what you say it is, its ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone mentioned above its only religious folk that have demons and ? . You get someone to believe something like the bible, or quran, or whatever religion your into, and let it run their life, the negative ? will come with it. People snap, their from a religious family with certain teachings, the only explanation they have is theres a demon inside of them.

When you believe in something that much theres a placebo and those people just do crazy ass "demonic" ? .
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where did white people come from? why is it so easy for them to take cultures and ? them and exploit them so much? how and when did they possess the knowledge on how to use different cultures weakness against them?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have no concept of ? then there is no need for a demon to take possession of your body because you are already doomed.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I knew someone was going to say that.