Man of Steel will set up Justice League movie, hints director.

Options

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i dunno bout this i been suspect of a Justice League movie based off 1.replacing Batman , 2.Green Lantern was corny as ? , 3.who the ? wants to see Aquaman?

? was Green Lantern one of the worst ? ever
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly if DC was thinking an hired better writers they could have used greenlanter as the starting point like at one point in the movie they could have thrown something in there like hearing about a planet exploding or something an that could have been an easter egg for man of steel i really dont know how the hell dc jus expects to jump into that type of ? with no consistent actors/actressess
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at Common being Green Lantern , FOH
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wish they'll go with John Stewart as the lantern if they do make it

who can play a good John Stewart?

Idris elba ?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at Common being Green Lantern , FOH

I remember hearing a long time ago that he was in the running for Green Lantern before they went a different route and used that Reynolds guy.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They might as well just make a Superman/Batman: World's Finest Movie
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they actually damn near got a world's finest film almost off the ground twice...but some ? happened between the writers (a husband wife team) and the producers and they scrapped it for nolans vision of batman begins..it was gonna be more of a batman vs superman film with lois lane killed..

Idris Elba or michael jai white for john stewart...denzel and will wouldve been perfect if they were younger...will could still pull it off though...but his name would overshadow the character...
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League Villain Announced
    Superman and Batman will do battle with a ? from the war planet Apokolips.
    by Chris Tilly DECEMBER 3, 2012

With the Justice League movie set to hit screens in the summer of 2015, it looks like the superhero team-up flick has found its villain.

If Latino Review is to be believed, the evil force which Superman, Batman, the Green Lantern and Wonder Woman will do battle with is none-other-than Darkseid.

Created by Jack Kirby in 1970, Darkseid is a dastardly ? from the war planet Apokolips, and ranked at number six in our list of the Greatest Comic Book Villains, where we described him thusly:

“Darkseid’s motivations are rather simple – conquer and control all life by unlocking and solving the Anti-Life equation.

“Perhaps the most appealing trait of Darkseid is his lack of interest in direct physical confrontation… he has immense strength, endurance and eye beams that can disintegrate, teleport or torture opponents, yet he chooses to manipulate events from the shadows, allowing his minions to act on his behalf.”

So if Warner Bros. retain this behaviour, expect Darkseid to the first of several villains to be announced for the Justice League movie.

So DC fans – does this announcement make you happy?

darkseid-20051029015100762-1297647_640w-610x778.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/03/justice-league-villain-announced
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darkseid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lokie tbh.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    lol wtf ya'll talmbout, height ain't ? in the movies. Schwarzenegger's "official" listed height is ? just like Iverson's was. Bogart was so much shorter than the chick in Casablanca, he had to stand on a box during the "Here's looking at you, kid." scene. And now Hollywood has CGI.

you could get Muggsy Bogues to play Supes and ? would be none the wiser while watching the flick, belee dat
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, they bringing Darkseid through straight out the ? gate? This ? fint' to be hhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of the marvel movies have been meh... to me Avengers, Thor, Captain America where meh... I thought Robert Downey jr played a perfect role for Ironman but even ironman bores me. I think Man of Steel looks promising.
  • requiem v2.0
    requiem v2.0 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    It's interesting that DC is going with Darksied. He definitely fits the bill of major villain that poses both a physical and mental threat to the Earth and by extension the League. He's also one of the original creator's inspirations for Thanos. Could this be DC trying to cut in on Marvel's Avengers 2? Or is that just an added bonus?
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    man ? better na ? this ? up ?

voice needs to be trill
    actor needs to be trill
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bringing darkseid straight out the gate could be dop as ? or could really bomb
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well this ? won't be out for along time no script or actors I'm in wait and see mode
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who gonna play solomon grundy
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Man it would be dope if they could use bale as batman for the Justice League movie ..shame that won't happen
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

they had to undercut thanos, would have preferred Lex

Darkseid working with Lex in the cut?
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's interesting that DC is going with Darksied. He definitely fits the bill of major villain that poses both a physical and mental threat to the Earth and by extension the League. He's also one of the original creator's inspirations for Thanos. Could this be DC trying to cut in on Marvel's Avengers 2? Or is that just an added bonus?

I was just gonna point this out cause I know a lot of people will make comparisons between the two villains and the similarities. If this rumor is true it wouldn't surprise me if WB/DC's decision was motivated in some way by Marvel's use of Thanos.

I can dig it. Lex as the main villain for JL would be underwhelming to me. It looks as though his presence in MOS will be in the shadows/periphery (maybe just name drops and such) so that could serve as a good plot device leading into JL. The problem WB/DC is gonna have is in a JL sequel should there be one, how do you get more epic than Darkseid? Since JL is coming before an MOS sequel (pending MOS's success) then a Brainiac/Lex combo could pose a formidable foe for JL, then bring Darkseid in the JL sequel.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    the legion of doom
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    would have preferred Lex

? out of here, Lex has been in three movies, plus a TV show. ? are "Lexed Out."

I was just gonna point this out cause I know a lot of people wll make comparisons between the two villains and the similarities. If this rumor is true it wouldn't surprise me if WB/DC's decision was motivated in some way by Marvel's use of Thanos.

Thanos is one dude, while Darkseid is ruler of an entire planet. In this ? we may those other New ? cats, Orion, Lightray, Kalibac, Desaad, The High Father, Mister Miracle, and of course Granny Goodness and her Furies. You know what that means Big Barda. Do dare hope for an epic battle between Diana and Barda?

how do you get more epic than Darkseid? .[/quot]

Starro the Conqueror
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's true how do you move on from darksied? Braniac could work paired with the right partner or....people always wanted to see doomsday the original on screen.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a feeling that WB and/or Disney will ? up Darkseid or Thanos up in some way or another. Either they will depower him completely or make them something they never were. I just know it...these two characters are very hard to do right and very easy to ? up.