Sean Taylor 5 years later...

Options
2»

Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LaRon Landy had a couple good years. Eric Berry had a phenomenal rookie year. Bob Sanders was the man for a year or two.

Look how those Safety's have turned out so far.

Even Troy Polamalu to an extent has had a shortened career. And Ed Reed seems like a part-time player these days.

The truth is, Safeties get injured more than any other position. Who knows what Sean Taylor wouldve become.

Sean Taylor was better than all them ? and not one had the same physical gifts as him
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sean Taylor was the greatest overall football player I ever got to see in person...
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    @R.D. you know I meant it as he'd be fined a lot for his hits, right?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    matt- wrote: »
    from what i remember there was some events that happened at that house before the murder that may or may not have been related. but you'd be a fool to believe that he didn't have his fair share of enemies due to his lifestyle. they said he had turned it around, but who knows. nobody will ever know. thats why i said it should be a wake up call for athletes that they shouldn't wait on something to happen in their life, i.e. a child, a marriage, reaching a certain age before making a change.

I believe some folks had stolen some atv's from his house. he then was arrested going after them dudes. I thiink he had a gun on him. but it was unrelated.

the folks that robbed him had visited the house a few weeks before but he didn't even know the dudes. He just let them in b/c they was with some other dude he knew. That's when they thought of the plan to rob him b/c they found out he didn't even have any alarm or they weren't working. then they broke in when they thought he wasn't home. He heard some ? grabbed his machete to check it out and them dudes shot him.

the dude who killed him was sean taylor sister boyfriend
  • R.D.
    Options

actually Sean Taylor was just a good tackler

I remember telling somebody how he tackled the way you taught to tackle and would just blow ? up unlike a lot of the head hunting ?

Roy Williams fell off at the end but both of them ? were just great tacklers
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sean Taylor used to put the fear of ? into T.O. whenever he would go across the middle lol.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    LaRon Landy had a couple good years. Eric Berry had a phenomenal rookie year. Bob Sanders was the man for a year or two.

Even Troy Polamalu to an extent has had a shortened career. And Ed Reed seems like a part-time player these days.

The truth is, Safeties get injured more than any other position. Who knows what Sean Taylor wouldve become.

Sean Taylor was better than all them ? and not one had the same physical gifts as him

Landry and Berry were both Top 5 picks. Both were considered elite Safety prospects.

Ya'll talking like it was a young Michael Jordan that died. The ? outta here. Taylor was a good player...... who knows what wouldve happened with his career. Look at Shawn Merriman. One or two freak injuries and the best career can be finished.

• Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Landry and Berry were both Top 5 picks. Both were considered elite Safety prospects.

Ya'll talking like it was a young Michael Jordan that died. The ? outta here. Taylor was a good player...... who knows what wouldve happened with his career. Look at Shawn Merriman. One or two freak injuries and the best career can be finished.

Undercover Cowboys fan!
  • R.D.
    Options

you didnt refute anything i said

He was by far, better than both
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

I remember telling somebody how he tackled the way you taught to tackle and would just blow ? up unlike a lot of the head hunting ?

U dumb ? . That kid could cover the field like no other when he passed. Dude had 9 pass deflections and 5 picks thru 9 games in 07. Nvm the 19 pass deflections and 7 INTs he had the 3 previous years. He had to play SS for 3 years cause our front 7 was suspect as ? . Turned FS when we got Landry and he started to blossom. Dude was a once in a generation type player ala Ed Reed.

Matt u a ? for being on your Cowherd ? .
  • R.D.
    Options

U dumb ? . That kid could cover the field like no other when he passed. Dude had 9 pass deflections and 5 picks thru 9 games in 07. Nvm the 19 pass deflections and 7 INTs he had the 3 previous years. He had to play SS for 3 years cause our front 7 was suspect as ? . Turned FS when we got Landry and he started to blossom. Dude was a once in a generation type player ala Ed Reed.

I was specifically refuting his point that Sean Taylor would get fined fined alot for his hits

Now take your L and get the ? up out the Cheap Seats

Beezy more welcome than you in here

Now take your soft ass to the Powder Room with the rest of the ? , ?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

I was specifically refuting his point that Sean Taylor would get fined fined alot for his hits

Now take your L and get the ? up out the Cheap Seats

Beezy more welcome than you in here

Now take your soft ass to the Powder Room with the rest of the ? , ?

tumblr_m5rehwHq491qcoa6s.gif

My comment still stands for Matt
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options