let's talk about it......

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in Quite Comical
52yoae.jpg

how do superheros not help out when the world is about to end..

fantastic 4....spiderman, xmen, daredevil, punisher...i mean... none of these ? noticed what was going on???

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I've always asked myself that about Spiderman
  • Dupac
    Options
    it's really hard to accept that logic sometimes in comics.. i mean it should almost 100% of the time be a joint effort....

i can't see ? just falling ack like

"not my problem" if they're really suerheros
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol i always wondered this with Superman and Batman. Batman cant beat bane, or joker or whoever. Whole city of gotham is taken over by the villain. Takes superman 2 secs to fly over there and whoop ass. But he's no where to be found. Or Green Lantern, or even flash.
  • Dupac
    Options
    yea supes coulda stepped in while batman was stuck in a cave....

lol, even through the bats costume up to save face, lmao....
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spiderman was doing something else?

I had hoped that he would be a part of the Avengers line-up for the movie (and Reed Richards), but that prolly woulda confused folks.

Anyways... when there's serious trouble, like when the universe is threatened, they all band together.

31130-4596-34647-1-infinity-gauntlet_super.jpg
  • Dupac
    Options
    so with thanos in avengers 2...is it safe to say xmen, spidey and the f4 gonna all show up?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    so with thanos in avengers 2...is it safe to say xmen, spidey and the f4 gonna all show up?

IIRC, they would have to negotiate something with Columbia and Fox to have them appear, but something like that would also cause many heads all over the planet to explode. I don't think they want that kinda bloodshed on their hands.

• dalyricalbandit
    Options
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spidey was still prolly new to all this super hero stuff and felt outclassed.
  • Dupac
    Options
    spidey was still prolly new to all this super hero stuff and felt outclassed.
    ? was ? in his room arguing with uncle ben's ghost
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes, you'll see other heroes noticing ? going on from afar in one panel (case in point: Jean Grey going Dark Phoenix the 1st time was noticed by the Silver Surfer, Spider-Man and a few others). But you're right: it's kinda puzzling why the other heroes or even villains don't do ? .
  • Dupac
    Options
    lmao @ dr doom looking out his window like

"damn... i wasn't ready to be on no ? ? this week... but i'll be damned if this ain't a golden opportunity"
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Spidey wants no parts of Doom i can understand him not wanting to help out the F4
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spider-Man is an honorary member of both the F4 AND The Avengers. Has been for years now and he helps them out on a regular basis. Anyway it's called "suspension of disbelief". You have every storyline become a cameo fest of all stars then you hinder the main character of the book by not giving them proper development. If Superman always comes in to carry Batman you don't give Batman a chance to shine and showcase his own competence against his foes.

Same thing with Spider-Man who rightfully only gets help from the Marvel U when it's a problem too big for him to take on alone (Ie: Spider Island). The in story logic is that every hero respects the other and hero A is confident enough in hero B's abilities to let them take care of their respective cities or regions on their own especially since hero A has their own problems to deal with.

Makes sense as there is no real reason for these heroes to need each other's help to regularly take on threat that they could neutralize on their own (ie: Joker, Green Goblin etc.) When the threat level becomes too big (ie: a space devil ? taking over the entire human population through mental enslavement like in Final Crisis) that's when it makes sense to have the entire universe band together to face them.

There's a reason why the Justice League and The Avengers deal with much greater threats than a solo Captain America or Aquaman do after all.

• dalyricalbandit
    Options
    another thing i want to know is when the villians/aliens/gods/demons etc come through and start wrecking ? all these building and cities get blown the ? up how ? get fixed up so fast i know them superheros aint putting in man hours to build ? back
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another thing i want to know is when the villians/aliens/gods/demons etc come through and start wrecking ? all these building and cities get blown the ? up how ? get fixed up so fast i know them superheros aint putting in man hours to build ? back

Mexican super friend put it back together
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frankie is that ? and all, and I ? with his books, but I never understood how could body ? left and right, but he remains free. It seems like The Kingpin, Jigsaw and some other dudes would have gotten together on some massive, "Let's ? Punisher," or DD would have gotten together with NYPD to set his ass up.

I've also never understood why The Batman was never indicted for child abuse, child neglect, or for endangering a minor. He also has no real need for an aircraft. Also, on "Adam West Batman," when him and ? were in the Manor, the were in their civies, but when they slide down the batpoles and got to the cave, they were in uniform. Now that I think about it, how did Th Batman get that big ass playing card, the giant penny, and the robotic T-Rex in the cave?

Off topic, Voltron had some really ? weapons systems. They would try all of ineffective weapons on the robeasts, once ffor them to fail, why not just go to immediately go to the Blazing Sword? Finally, how come on Star Trek, everybody had cloaking devices except for the Federation? While I'm talking about the Federation, what was up with those ? shields? [And how come on Star Trek, nobody had fighter ships? Star Wars had X-Wings and TIE fighters. Robotech had veritechs and those Zentradi podships. Babalyon 5 and Battlestar Galatica had their fighters, but Star Trek only had these big ass ships.
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No dry snitching.
    But Me, Spiderman, and the Ninja Turtles was in the sewers of New York getting high when all that ? went down.

We wouldn't have even known it happened but Spidey gets his ? from Thor and when he tried to re-up the next day Thor told him, nah I'm still recovering from the whole attack on New York thing.

We were like Bwooooooah is you serious?!? He said ya I'll come by tomorrow with a quarter pound and tell you about it. So we just said ok and started breaking up the roaches into the ? .

Asgardian Kush yuh smeel me.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because if they did that then all of the superheroes would be getting calls when Aquaman needs help. Which would be all the ? time.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loki had spidey shook