If you like leg day, you are an idiot

Options
shadb33
shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Weight Room
I don't like doing legs with my upper body so I have a separate day when I do legs and I swear it takes all the will power in me to go to the gym to do it. I hate leg press, squats, calf raises, etc. But I don't wanna look like an idiot with a huge upper body and chicken legs.

Comments

• Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    I don't like doing legs with my upper body so I have a separate day when I do legs and I swear it takes all the will power in me to go to the gym to do it. I hate leg press, squats, calf raises, etc. But I don't wanna look like an idiot with a huge upper body and chicken legs.

A simple co-sign would not do this statement justice. I hate when leg day shows up... it just ruins the rest of my day. Can barely stand and ? , just feel like your walking on jello or something for the next couple hours
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Legs are for ? 's.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't have a leg day, I just mix in a little legs every time I go in. 5 sets of back squats, front squants, lunges, one legged squats, 3 way lunges, all that ? , but never in the same day.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Legs are for ? 's.

*Chicken Leg Post*
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

lol. I hate seeing that.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm actually starting to not mind leg day that much. I still hate doing squats though. I do a heavy leg day. I think I hated it so much because it's not like you can show them off when u leave the gym like u can your chest, shoulders, arms.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Legs are for ? 's.

you calling jesus a ? ?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hard squats are so dynamic, you use so much of your body it makes it suck, but it's so good for your overall strength it's so important people do them. They increase testosterone which is gonna make you bigger elsewhere.

I actually kinda like the feeling of blood rushing to my legs and feeling my compression shorts tighten up as my legs get swole.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Legs are for ? 's.

Johnny Bravo Post
    ScottJohnnyBravo.jpg
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    *Chicken Leg Post*
    I dread doing legs. I advoid it like the plague honestly. I work out my legs maybe like 3x a month. I can honestly say that I give a flying hoot about legs. I ain't no professional body builder and I don't plan on competing. So why do legs? Yeah, I know the usual reasons. But who cares. I lift for me and nobody else. I just have no desire and no motivation to do them. So im not going to bother to train them seriously. Maybe i'll have a change of heart one day, but I don't think I will.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have skinny legs so I have to do legs. i love wearing shorts, so i have to do them. and i run on the regular so doing legs is a must. i ? up my knees early So i need to pop those Triflex joints. Without them, I wouldnt be able to climb stairs.
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I have skinny legs so I have to do legs. i love wearing shorts, so i have to do them. and i run on the regular so doing legs is a must. i ? up my knees early So i need to pop those Triflex joints. Without them, I wouldnt be able to climb stairs.

What r those? They sound like something I might need to invest in.
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Doing legs sucks but it really helps you in the long run
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I do legs 2 times a week. I love doing leg workouts. The best workouts.
  • airish571
    airish571 Members Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I do legs on Monday because and have done so for years because I will probably blow it off it I have it later in the week. I work legs, lower back and Abs on Monday, delt, tri's and pecs (Push) midweek and upper back and bi's (Pull) later in the week. I have every squat I have ever done but my legs are a weak point on my body so I gotta.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Im the same way...I hate doing legs. I got legs tomorrow and im not looking foward to it.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    When I workout, I workout my legs and arms.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i STAY skipping leg workouts lol
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    When I workout, I workout my legs and arms.

that's it? what about chest, back, and shoulders?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    51VKJ29BP9L.jpg

this should just be called The Justice League thread.

Legs are essential.

If any of y'all dudes shoot hoops, you know that legs are important. How else can you grab a rebound over everyone if you jumpin with chicken legs?

When I was younger, my leg press was well over 600lbs. Last time I did leg press, I maxed out at 425 because of the strain on my lower back (gotta get that toughened up). I can still do curls/extensions with 195lbs+. Calf raises are exceeding 500lbs on a Hammer Strength machine.

Gotta hit the legs hard, don't be a wimp, just take the pain.
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i personally like doin legs. you gotta do the fun ? tho. like jump squats for distance, one-legged jump squats, alternatin one-legged jump squats for distance, scissor jumps, etc.

succs when you hit them too hard and the next day u cant do ur cardio tho.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    brolic legs are not whats hot..neither are skinny ? , but yes the huge calf ? is not hot.
  • Dick_Knubbler
    Dick_Knubbler Members Posts: 86
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Only a ? wouldn't attack they legs...thats your foundation fool.....A ? can bench 400 and will get muscled by a ? that squat 400....seen it tried and true
  • Dick_Knubbler
    Dick_Knubbler Members Posts: 86
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Right folk, just started loving doing my legs...tryna get that VMO to pop out something aweful so I move whatever I want out the KNUBs way
  • dreadedbwoy661
    dreadedbwoy661 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you hate leg day you are an idiot. Leg's have so much potential mass, if you are neglecting them you are failing to reach your real potential.

Also, switch it up. There are so many different exercises besides regular squats and leg press. Ex. deadlifts, reverse lunges, bulgarian split squats, barbell step ups, other variations of squats.

Legs are my favorite bodypart to work. I work them twice per week because I'm doing Westside for Skinny ? 3. I use to work them 3 times a week when I was doing 5x5