Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Ricky Rubio

Rubio Is the best pure pg out the 3

Thats true and ya ? know I'd rather have a pure pg than anything but Lillard has IT. Whatever IT is, Lillard got that

At 1st I was gonna say irving cuz he the best player of the 3 but rubio the better pg he'll average 10+ assists in the future

Lillard tight tho he got mad game
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damian Lillard
    Kyrie assist numbers would be much higher if he had a bonafide scorer on his team and also had more pure shooters around him

Rubio has K-Love and also plays with better shooters, and Lillard has 3 other guys in the starting lineup that average 15+ppg ....Batum averages 15 , Matthews averages 15 , and Aldridge averages 21.

as good as Anderson Varejao has been playing this year he should never be your 2nd best scorer on the team , that speaks volumes of what is around Kyrie...that team is 7-24 for a reason , lets not act like he's playing on team who's roster is full of underAchieving players.

Yea you have a point with Kyrie not really having anyone to play with but you can also look at his situation and say he plays for a bad team and has the green light so his numbers are inflated like Monta when he played for the dubs. Lillard has more responsibility because he has to get everyone involved and everyone in POR starting 5 has to get there shots up.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Yea you have a point with Kyrie not really having anyone to play with but you can also look at his situation and say he plays for a bad team and has the green light so his numbers are inflated like Monta when he played for the dubs. Lillard has more responsibility because he has to get everyone involved and everyone in POR starting 5 has to get there shots up.

But that's what im saying though Kyrie Scoring would most likely take a slight hit but his assist would be up

Just watching Kyrie play you can tell dude could average 8+ assist easy if he played with better shooters ..

all 3 PG's are good in their own way , i just would take Kyrie cuz i think he has the highest upside in my opinion..

• freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    ? Kyrie Irving doesn't have shooters,that ? doesn't like to pass.He's a shoot first point guard although he

has great passing ability. John Wall averaged 8+ assists with nobodies so Kyrie has no excuse,he has Dion Waiters

Alonzo Gee,CJ Miles,Varejao,Daniel Gibson.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    freshb651 wrote: »
    ? Kyrie Irving doesn't have shooters,that ? doesn't like to pass.He's a shoot first point guard although he

has great passing ability. John Wall averaged 8+ assists with nobodies so Kyrie has no excuse,he has Dion Waiters

Alonzo Gee,CJ Miles,Varejao,Daniel Gibson.

Bruh Gtfoh with that...... Out of 30 NBA teams Cavs are 29th in FG%

Dion Waiters is shooting 36% from the field and 32 % from 3pt

Alonzo Gee is shooting just 40% from the field and 28% from 3pt

CJ Miles is Shooting 38% FG

and Daniel Gibson in the few games he has played is shooting 36% FG.....

Damn near everyone around him that's NOT a post player is shooting in the 30's.. even Varejao is extremely low for a Post player 47% isn't that great for a post guy , that would be good for a wing player , Varejao is suppose to be in the 50's

Now please explain how he's "Playing with shooters"
  • freshb651
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    then it's Irving's fault for not setting his teammates up better,HE'S NOT A PASS FIRST PG. Waiters is a rookie,its'

Miles' first season there and Boobie's been injured but that still doesn't matter. All those players can shoot which is

my point, that Kyrie doesn't get them good shots.
  • freshb651
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    case in point,tonights game vs Brooklyn

Kyrie:fg=5-16 (13 points), 7 assists, 1-6 3pt
    Alonzo Gee: 4-9(10 pts), 0-1 3pt
    Dion Waiters: 2-8(5 pts) <<<<your starting "shooting" guard should get up more than 8 shots
    CJ Miles: 11-15(33 pts), 8-10 3pt<-- pretty good for a team without a shooters huh ?

Kyrie took more shots than his teammates,his starting 2 was only allowed to get 8 shots up.And CJ Miles drained 8

3's but Kyrie doesn't get assists because he doesn't have shooters ? Kyrie is a scoring guard as I previously stated.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Dawg...................this team is 29th out of 30 in FG % , wtf are u really trying to argue right now??

i already dropped all those dudes FG % on the SEASON .....let it go bruh.

Cavs can't ? shoot , 29 out of 30 aint good unless you think otherwise.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Even tho this is a point guard dominated league now I wouldn't build my team around one . Kryie and Lillard are really shooting guards . Ricky Rubio is the only pass first point guard but he isn't aggressive enough offensively to build around .
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    i want a pg to run my team and dish out dimes, call plays and score last..
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even tho this is a point guard dominated league now I wouldn't build my team around one . Kryie and Lillard are really shooting guards . Ricky Rubio is the only pass first point guard but he isn't aggressive enough offensively to build around .
    you haven't seen Lillard play if you think he's really a 2 guard

• MC The Rapper
    Options
    Dawg...................this team is 29th out of 30 in FG % , wtf are u really trying to argue right now??

i already dropped all those dudes FG % on the SEASON .....let it go bruh.

Cavs can't ? shoot , 29 out of 30 aint good unless you think otherwise.

The problem with the cavs is they can't execute offensively and have poor shot selection. Kryie doesn't help either by

just playing 1 on 1 to get highlights. He doesn't get guys easy shots or push the break . Personally I think waiters

with his ability to play pick and roll should be the primary ball handler. Also Kryie is brittle as ? .
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    you haven't seen Lillard play if you think he's really a 2 guard

he's a shoot first kinda guy which = two guard to me
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a nash type
    an AI type
    and an Isiah type
    i'ma go wit the Isiah type followed by the nash type
  • gonemad44
    gonemad44 Members Posts: 21
    Options
    Give me the guy the wanted to play Kobe 1on1. That the fire my will play with. Kyrie
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    Damian Lillard has the most upside? He is also the "Isaiah" type? Lol.

Lillard is more of a poor man's Gilbert Arenas. I say poor man's because Lillard ain't as athletic as Gilbert was when he was young before the injury. I also compare him to Gilbert because he's either making a layup/floater... Or shooting a 3. He loves that 3 way too much. Him playing with established veterans and a potential All Star is also helping him get the numbers he has.

Kyrie is easily the most talented & dynamic of the 3. If he gets better players around him one day, his teams will have potential to go far.. However... The guy is made of glass. So, I wouldn't pick him.

Rubio is the kind of guy who makes everybody better (obviously). If he can improve his jumpshot, he will average a double-double in the league.

If we were playing a 2k Franchise with no injuries, I'd pick Kyrie. Otherwise... Rubio for me.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Lmao @ it being Kyrie's fault ? can't make open shots and him having shooters and then you mention names like gee, waiters, and varejao. Y'all dudes on the IC, I swear. For everyone arguing rubio like I said he can't make a jumper. He gets guarded like rondo, yet he doesn't have his athletic ability nor his quickness to still get to the hoop. As far as the Lillard argument is concerned, yea he may be a shoot first pg but I think some of y'all are forgetting his age. We aren't even halfway into the season and look at what he's doing....
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    Lmao @ it being Kyrie's fault ? can't make open shots and him having shooters and then you mention names like gee, waiters, and varejao. Y'all dudes on the IC, I swear. For everyone arguing rubio like I said he can't make a jumper. He gets guarded like rondo, yet he doesn't have his athletic ability nor his quickness to still get to the hoop. As far as the Lillard argument is concerned, yea he may be a shoot first pg but I think some of y'all are forgetting his age. We aren't even halfway into the season and look at what he's doing....

Do you actually watch the Cavs play ? You know he can get dudes lay ups or push the ball so they can get easy

buckets in transition but he doesn't that's why he isn't a great player right now he has a lot of skill but he doesn't use it

effectively . He's a 1 on 1 player The Cavs with their personnel now are not a good half court team but Kryie doesn't

know how to control the tempo of the game to get them the best opportunities on offense. Rubio can learn how to

shoot but very few players learn know how to be a effective floor general especially if they can't stay on the court . Also

Rubio has why more Pro experience then those guys . and was giving it to Bean a couple of olympics ago . now lets

look at wins . At the start of the season the Cavs were 2-8 with kryie in the line up then he got injuried and they went

2-9. He's a exciting player and that's about it . Ricky Rubio had his team in the playoff hunt until he went down and

they floundered .
  • R.D.
    Options
    some stupid ? in here

Just cause a ? can score dont make him not a PG
  • MC The Rapper
    edited December 2012
    Options
    some stupid ? in here

okay when you watch kryie play does he control tempo of the game ? does he get guys easy shots? get their team in his offense? That's what point guards is suppose to do first and foremost all that other ? is icing on the cake. The Cavs and Blazers should have a lot better records then they do . I think if those guys would use their ability to score to put pressure on the defense and then create for their teammates off their ability the teams would have more wins which is all that really matters. A point guard that can basically score anytime they want should be looking for ways to get his teammates involved to get them going.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    you just can't ignore Irving's scoring talent. 23 points.gm on 47% FG's and 41% 3ptFG's for a 2nd year player is pretty impressive

BUT His 5.5ast to 3.8to ratio is dreadful. That really worries me to have a PG who's that sloppy with the ball. It's possible this could just be his supporting cast, but even then, he should be working on that part of his game more considering his scoring game is about as good as it will ever be right now.

Irving's 1.47 Assist/Turnover ratio is historically awful for a PG. Even Russell Westbrook would be ashamed of that number

People say Rubio cant shoot but the guy scores when needed in his rookie season Ive seen Rubio hit clutch baskets and I've actually seen him hit a GW 3pter. But he's also dominated games without putting up a single point he's already better defender than Lillard and Irving and 6'7 big PG Rubio is a matchup nightmare
  • R.D.
    Options
    some stupid ? in here

okay when you watch kryie play does he control tempo of the game ? does he get guys easy shots? get their team in his offense? That's what point guards is suppose to do first and foremost all that other ? is icing on the cake. The Cavs and Blazers should have a lot better records then they do . I think if those guys would use their ability to score to put pressure on the defense and then create for their teammates off their ability the teams would have more wins which is all that really matters. A point guard that can basically score anytime they want should be looking for ways to get his teammates involved to get them going.

i dont watch Irving enough but ? yes Lillard controls the ? tempo of the game already and this a rookie, Rubio been playing pro for years

? Blazers are top heavy(nice starting 5) with no bench. Blazers are where they should be

i will say for Irving the same thing i said earlier, who does he have to pass to ?

@shadyworldorder lol ? is you talking about , Rubio aint 6'7
  • MC The Rapper
    edited December 2012
    Options
    some stupid ? in here

i dont watch Irving enough but ? yes Lillard controls the ? tempo of the game already and this a rookie, Rubio been playing pro for years

? Blazers are top heavy(nice starting 5) with no bench. Blazers are where they should be

i will say for Irving the same thing i said earlier, who does he have to pass to ?

@shadyworldorder lol ? is you talking about , Rubio aint 6'7

He has more talent on his team then Lebron did at the start of his career . And ? if you gon lose any way they

should at least look like a team while doing it . As far as your man crush Lillard go I have seen him play a few times

,saw his draft combine tape, saw some of his summer league games , saw some of the trailblazer games during the

season etc . He look like he more worried about getting rookie of the year then winning . He should be getting LA

lobs and easy buckets .

• R.D.
    Options