The Official Blackberry 10 Thread

Options
Michael_Malice
Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
All things Blackberry 10.

Roughly a week to go until it's revealed. Blackberry Balence or Hub? What features you most looking for to? What you copping, White, black or one of the rumored secret colors? Who is looking forward to the full QWERTY?

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Recently caught a status update on fb talking about how they can't wait to ditch the iphone 5 and get up on the BB10. I thought this was just some nostalgia BS getting in the way of a realistic opinion of the better product. Then I saw some of the new features of the BB10 in action. Blackberry might become a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzxQ2YUjk50

Too early to really say how well this new OS will do, but it looks very functional and navigation seems to be a breeze.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love Blackberry, never was into the Iphone so I'm definitely anticipating the release of BB10.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    I loved having BB but I will admit the step from the bold to the iphone 4 was a definite upgrade.

Now that I see what rim is cooking though i think ima have to get up on bb10
    I like how you got your messaging/notifications hub accessible all the time with just one swipe
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    sion make sure you online this weekend ? ... got damn .... ? ..... lemme hold like 5k????

LOL

RIM ? !!! i. want. in.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIM is a dead company. Horrible upper management and a terrible product line have decimated their market share and appeal. BB 10 brings nothing to the table that iOS, Android, WP8 arent doing already.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    They can bounce back. Remember when apple was gonna go under and came back better than ever? Rim can do it too.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still running with my Torch. Looking to get an S3 when Black Friday/Cyber Monday rolls around. But this looks interesting.
  • rage
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    They can bounce back. Remember when apple was gonna go under and came back better than ever? Rim can do it too.

LOL....every single struggling ass company uses Apple as an example for coming back from the dead. RIM doesnt have a Steve Jobs...They have idiots and morons running that joint. Look at the Playbook...it was an unmitigated disaster. Then they tried to go the multitouch route....Torch was garbage. Next they tried adding multitouch PLUS a trackball and a keyboard.....wtf??? Nevermind the fact that BBs are some of the WORST in terms of reliability and build quality.

Even with BB10 what are they doing that everybody else hasnt damn near perfected by now? WP8 is going to have a hard time grabbing any sort of market share because they are just a little too late to the party. With that being said WP8 is a fantastic Mobile OS that is 180 degrees from iOS. BB10 just looks like an iOS/Android mash up.
  • rage
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    rage wrote: »

LOL....every single struggling ass company uses Apple as an example for coming back from the dead. RIM doesnt have a Steve Jobs...They have idiots and morons running that joint. Look at the Playbook...it was an unmitigated disaster. Then they tried to go the multitouch route....Torch was garbage. Next they tried adding multitouch PLUS a trackball and a keyboard.....wtf??? Nevermind the fact that BBs are some of the WORST in terms of reliability and build quality.

Even with BB10 what are they doing that everybody else hasnt damn near perfected by now? WP8 is going to have a hard time grabbing any sort of market share because they are just a little too late to the party. With that being said WP8 is a fantastic Mobile OS that is 180 degrees from iOS. BB10 just looks like an iOS/Android mash up.

? don't realize that there's a reason why HTC, Samsung, RIM and other phone companies are copying the design and touch screen technology of Apple. I think the aim in general is to give the consumer more choices. Apple sells it's phone for more than everyone elses and relies on it's name and trend to sell, but if the competition offers something roughly the same at some point consumers will rather pay for a cheaper device with similar technology, that is going to slowly and gradually eat into Apple's profits.

Not trying to come off as a fanboy just because I have stock in RIM and I recently upped my investments in RIM (my average cost is $8.25 per share so if I'm wrong in 5 years you can clown me or I'll buy you a Blackberry - real talk), but I'm just keepin em honest. Apple has a fantastic product but it is horribly overvalued and once it gets to a certain size it's going to be extremely difficult to keep up those profit prospects that the market eagerly waits for every quarter.

Sorry for the titangraph.... :(

So this is all your opinon. Ok lets look at the facts.

1) Apple is one of the largest companies in history worth $620 Billion...and they only go up with forecasts only showing that trending upwards. It doesn't have a triple-digit price-to-earnings ratio, Apple's stock is trading at 15 times fiscal 2012 earnings estimates, a fair price for a company whose earnings are expected to increase by 22% annually, on average, over the next few years. The company has $117 billion in cash. It's finally using some of that cash to pay shareholders a healthy dividend. Doing so makes Apple a stock that both growth-hungry momentum investors and yield-starved income investors can comfortably own.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericjackson/2012/03/21/why-apple-will-hit-1650-by-the-end-of-2015/

2) Lets tackle the Market Share question. ITs an easy one...RIM DOESNT ? HAVE ANY.

http://business.financialpost.com/2012/08/14/rims-smartphone-market-share-continues-downward-spiral/

Thats dated Aug 2012. As a manufacturer its 1.2%..DOWN quarter after Quarter. As an OS its 5% DOWN 5% year over year.

As of September 2012, Blackberry is NO LONGER the top Market share holder in Canada....Its down to 26% behind Apple's 27% and DOWN year over by 14 points.
    http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=5771&wt.mc_id=1110394

And lets get something straight....Canada is an absolutely INSIGNIFICANT in the global market. It just doesnt register.

3) The question I'd ask you is how long can Tim Cook milk Steve Jobs idea before people get tired of it ? Apple doesn't have the CIA, FBI or government agencies around the world as key clients. They appeal to kids and yuppies, and my are they ever such a fickle group.

This is FAR and away the biggest misconception that is actively spread by Apple haters/doubters. With over 600 Million iOS devices sold...its just a bunch of horseshit to think that Apple only appeals to some niche market. Apple products APPEAL TO EVERYBODY from kids to parents, to teenagers, to celebrities and yes even in the ENTERPRISE sector. RIM as always had the Enterprise Market locked up.....hows that working out for them now? Windows Phone 8 is going to DECIMATE that market share.
    http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/fortune_500_companies_moving_to_ipad_hits_94

4) Another myth that people love to perpetuate is that Apple products are over priced. HORSESHIT. The iPhone5 is directly inline with other flagship cellphones. Also to suggest that product sales that total damn near half a billion are too expensive is ignoring basic pricing and economic principals. With iPhone5 sales reaching close to 5 Million in less than a month...they simply can't build enough to meet demand, this notion that people will move to a product thats cheaper is ludicrous.

5) When is BB10 coming out? On what phone? Nobody knows...it could be 6 months from now or 12. ? is a complete debacle.

• rage
    edited October 2012
    Options
    @rage , that is not opinion those are the facts.

1. No it's not. That valuation is based on market capitalization - not the actual net worth of the business. Two very different things. That means people are willing to pay $620 billion dollars for Apple stock (or $652 dollars per share). Apple is worth $76 billion dollars. And it is no where near fair price. Apple's book value per share (net worth) is $120, based on current earnings at 15x earnings it would take 15 years for you to break even based on the share price of $652. You're paying 5 and a half times the price to buy Apple. That is not justifiable for investment & will not go to the heavens. In order for Apple to keep delivering it has to constantly shatter records after a new product every quarter. That is not realistic fam. In the short term it's possible but definitely not in the long term.

Market cap is not a true store of value it's what someone is willing to pay per share. And Apple was not the most valuable company ever, that distinction would go to PetroChina in recent years. Proof is in the first link listed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_corporations_by_market_capitalization#2007

http://tmx.quotemedia.com/financials.php?qm_symbol=AAPL:US
    ^^^
    You can see Apple's financial statements there. It's worth $76 billion dollars fam. You can also see their incomes statements and compare.

Exxon Mobil is worth more than double what Apple is and makes far more money than Apple.
    http://tmx.quotemedia.com/financials.php?qm_symbol=XOM:US

So is the Bank of America & many other U.S. banks
    http://tmx.quotemedia.com/financials.php?qm_symbol=BAC:US

^^^ Note also that Bank of America has trillions of dollars in assets.

2. A quarterly report that shows a drop of 1.2% and 5% ?? This is your great claim ??? In the tech industry market share jumps up and down like a teeter-totter and isn't a valid source of relevance for a company on performance. Wells Fargo had a "bad quarter" in 2011 and still managed to do record numbers by the end of the year. What I'm saying is, you need a better source to showcase company performance cuz iuno how Nokia is that high up there despite losing $1.5 billion dollars the year before.....

http://tmx.quotemedia.com/financials.php?qm_page=8676&qm_symbol=NOK:US

^^^^
    The point I'm making here is that link you provided is a horrible gauge of success. You should look to a company's financial reports to see where the business is actually standing & the condition it's in. RIM is having problems in the U.S. there is no doubt about that, that is true, but in other areas around the world and in Canada it's still doing well. Apple is a $76 billion dollar business, RIM is worth a quarter of that AND from a country one tenth the size of yours. That speaks volumes that they were even able to hold a candle to Apple.

Not tryna knock Apple's success, but to sit there and think that NONE of the companies that even showed up in the list you posted have NEVER gone thru tough times is naivete. From Microsoft, Nokia, Samsung, to IBM, GE, Coca Cola, all of them. No one is immune and if you look they always found a way to bounce back. If RIM wasn't growing it's subscribership year over year constantly, if it didn't have $2.5 billion in cash on its books and no debt, if it wasn't number 1 in Canada or booming in emerging markets I'd agree with you. But that's not the case here. RIM will do fine, their sitting on plenty of cash and have some of the best investors in the world backing them.

Understand, in terms of investment Apple is far too overvalued and I've seen this a dozen times over and over and you can look at history to see if I'm lying but it will fall too.

1) I said Apple is ONE of the largest in history...it is. Again saying Apple's net worth is $76 Billion is being disingenuous because you haven't even factored into the $117 Billion it has in CASH. Forbes has the stock pegged to hit a rack and a half by 2015, so how is it not priced fairly?? Secondly APPLE PAYS DIVIDENDS....which will make it an appealing stock for investors.

2) Read that Chart again, you've COMPLETELY miss read it....like BADLY. Its not quarter over quarter....ITS YEAR OVER YEAR. . Second it shows MARKET SHARE of RIM's devices and OS. If you're going to sit here and tell me that having the entirety of your devices making up 1.2% of the world's market share is no big deal??? Getting your OS market share get decimated to 5% the WORLD is nothing to worry about? With damn near 6 straight quarters of declining market share and customer satisfaction?? How the ? is RIM supposed to make that up with Apple selling 5 Million iPhones in 3 days? How is RIM supposed to make that up with at least 5 different Android devices coming out that BLOW the doors off anything coming out of Waterloo? Doing well in Canada?? They are LAST in Market Share behind Android and Apple.....and losing market share quarter after quarter after quarter? Tech Market Share doesnt jump around like a teeter totter...stop it. It can bounce around between two companies who are close to each other and depending on what products are coming out and when. But if you think RIM is going from 1.2% to a contender....your crazy!

3) Another nail in RIM's coffin is that people HATE BBs. Their customer satisfaction is EMBARRASSING. Subscriptions are DOWN BIG TIME.

"This is the first quarter we are expecting zero subscriber growth," National Bank Financial Senior Research Analyst Kris Thompson told the Globe and Mail. In the next quarter, he said, he believed the subscriber base would go into a "downward spiral," with the expected release of the BlackBerry 10 slowing but not stopping the hemorrhaging of customers. Dated Sept 2012

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/09/rim-deathwatch-blackberry-subscriptions-in-downward-spiral/
    http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/news/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2011030
    http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9227210/Apple_head_and_shoulders_above_phone_rivals_in_satisfaction_survey
    http://cwres.451research.com/articles/2012/smart-phones-20120109
    smart_phone_satisfaction_bar.gif

4) Lastly....what is the product or software that is going to turn RIM around? What in BB10 would make an iOS or Android user ditch their phones and the money they have spent on Apps for a new BB10 device? What are they bringing to the table that would make them go from having 1.2% to anything contending?

You can quote all the financial axioms you want. The basic economic principal of economics which says you either grow or die is still in place. RIM is hemorrhaging customers BADLY.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that ? look wack...
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    sion makes way more sense than rage

that ? apple ? wont ? last. their main problem with the cell phone ? is that they only have one ? phone. talking bout more memory on one phone makes it different ... FOH the avg person doesnt need no ? 300 terrabytes on a damn cell phone LOL

i dont buy every phone that comes out or no ? . my last 2 phones were a BB and now i have the htc evo. the evo does more than the BB but its much more unstable. in fact BB is the most stable out there. all it will take is one flag ship phone from BB and everybody in america will jump ship just like they do with everything else. just a few years ago everybody and their mom had a blackberry curve

where rage lost the arguement for me is when he said what would make ppl jump ship for another phone and leave behind all the apps they bought LOLOLOL

all those ? meaningless apps arent what keeps users. if an app is really that important then the company will intergrate it into every phone just like the beats audio ? on android. the same mindless ? impulse that makes them buy those apps is the very same impulse that will make them jump on the next wave

every company will go up and down as technology keeps adding ? on.

sion im gonna pm you soon lil bro
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ ? still arguing with rage. Dude is a loyal apple soldier.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO at ? thinkin BB gonna make a comeback.
  • LUClEN
    Options

that ? apple ? wont ? last. their main problem with the cell phone ? is that they only have one ? phone. talking bout more memory on one phone makes it different ... FOH the avg person doesnt need no ? 300 terrabytes on a damn cell phone LOL

i dont buy every phone that comes out or no ? . my last 2 phones were a BB and now i have the htc evo. the evo does more than the BB but its much more unstable. in fact BB is the most stable out there. all it will take is one flag ship phone from BB and everybody in america will jump ship just like they do with everything else. just a few years ago everybody and their mom had a blackberry curve

where rage lost the arguement for me is when he said what would make ppl jump ship for another phone and leave behind all the apps they bought LOLOLOL

all those ? meaningless apps arent what keeps users. if an app is really that important then the company will intergrate it into every phone just like the beats audio ? on android. the same mindless ? impulse that makes them buy those apps is the very same impulse that will make them jump on the next wave

MrSoutCity wrote: »
    Lol @ ? still arguing with rage. Dude is a loyal apple soldier.

I had no idea LOLOL. If I knew I wouldn't have said anything looololol. I'm not trying to knock Apple, just sayin ? would have to be foolish not to believe that Apple won't drop off at some point like RIM did. Whether it's in the short term or the long term. But now I understand why dude was so adamant LOL.

I don't care for what the next ? think, all I know is RIM is still number one in Canada and has no serious competition here.

They practically shove a BB down your throat when you get a phone plan here. They really got this ? on lock.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is already pushed back. RIM is a dying breed.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol @ releasing these in march 2013

It's ova
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

Lol @ releasing these in march 2013

It's ova

Pretty much. at this point if i had to put faith in the 3rd ecosystem behind apple and android that will potentially be successful its windows phone 8. not rim

• rage
    Options

I don't care for what the next ? think, all I know is RIM is still number one in Canada and has no serious competition here.

No you know this isnt true. RIM is 3rd in Canada behind Android and Apple.

• rage
    edited October 2012
    Options

AHAHAHAHHAHA....so you truly believe that Apps arent that important to brand loyalty. BWAAHAHHAHAHAH I'm done...your are beyond dumb.

http://www.themobilists.com/2011/07/06/apps-are-driving/

http://www.gfk.com/group/press_information/press_releases/009051/index.en.html

http://www.localytics.com/blog/2012/app-user-loyalty-increasing-ios-beats-android/
  • rage
    Options
    @rage

2. That chart is going by smartphone sales, the reason why I say it's foolish is b/c one company has $100 billion dollars in revenue (Apple) the other has $18 billion in revenue (RIM). It doesn't matter how many smartphones RIM ships unless they're doing $100 billion in revenue nobody on that list is outdoing Apple. In Canada RIM still has 35% market share (on it's worst year), and Apple sits at 30%. Since the total is also averaged, it also greatly misconstrues the data presented. Some countries are too small and greatly distort the average in conjunction with revenue and scale.

3. RIM has 80 million customers - up 2 million from the year before.... public perception may be bad but it didn't stop RIM from growing their subscriber base & ALSO keeping the addition 78 million customers they already had. Remember once again RIM is NOT Apple, they're a quarter of the size of Apple and they operate in a country one tenth the size of yours.

http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.com/articles/rim-surprises-with-subscriber-increase/25423/

4. Dude the BIGGEST problem with what you're doing is comparing a company 10 times bigger than another & asking why the other isn't equal. This is like me, taking the population of Canada and trying to compare it to the U.S., 36 million to 340 million. And saying why isn't Canada as big as the United States ? You see the issue here ? No one is knocking Apple's success fam. I'm trying to save your ass from losing money. I would not invest in Apple until it plummets in price. RIM is having it's troubles NOBODY doubts that but it's not as grave as the public is saying. That's why I'm saying for people to read the financial statements to come to a proper conclusion rather than jumping on the bandwagon. The media said American banks were going out of business in 2007/2008, today many of them were bailed out & are currently doing record numbers..... use your head fam.

What RIM has to do is move away from the comparisons of Apple and focus entirely on it's own business here in Canada and in other places around the world where they are strong. They are still growing subscribership, they are still shipping millions of smartphones and maintaining their revenue. RIM has never done 5 million in a day, on average they do 20-30 million a year (they currently have $18 billion dollars in revenue) so this is why it confuses me & makes me laugh as to why people are so shocked when RIM only ships 20-30 million phones in comparison to Apple. But they don't have to do 5 million in a day if they can still ship 10 million a year and take home 1 to 3 billion in profits that's a success. They're not gonna do $40 billion in profits & neither will Samsung. But there are 80 million customers with RIM that love the product and will upgrade to BB10. Samsung, Nokia, LG, Motorola can't claim that.

2) This is a BOLD FACED LIE. That chart has ? all to do with revenue and you know it...if that were the case Apple would be on TOP of that list. That chart is based on DEVICE market share. If the there were 12,000,000 smartphones sold in the world during that year RIM only sold 120,000 of those smartphones. IT HAS NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH REVENUE. RIM DOESNT NOT HAVE 35% market share in Canada...again another lie. It has 26% thats behind Apple's 27%.

3) 2 million users??? A less than 3% growth and this is what your happy about?? Whether RIM operates in Waterloo, Kitchener or SoCal doesnt matter, RIM competes in a GLOBAL market. They compete against Apple, Samsung, Nokia...and they are getting ROCKED.

4) Of course I am comparing RIM to APPLE...they are they're main competition. Who the ? else are you supposed to compare RIM to? Apple/Samsung/Microsoft/Nokia/Motorola....are all out to ? RIM, why wouldnt you compare RIM's market position to those companies?? WTF??

5) Profit and RIM dont belong in the same sentence...what sheets are you looking at? They lost $225 Million last quarter, they sold 7.2 Million phones Q2 2012 vs 10 million phones in Q2 2011, The only reason they ONLY lost $225 Million is because they damn near put half of Waterloo on UI. Please stop comparing RIM to Samsung...Samsung could CRUSH RIM tomorrow. They've sold almost 15 million Galaxy S3s...and thats NOT including the other Samsung phones. Samsung just posted a $7.3 BILLION PROFIT from July to Sept.

RIM is a dying company....BB10 is pushed all the way back to MARCH 2013. When that tanks...RIP RIM.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    @rage

2. That chart is going by smartphone sales, the reason why I say it's foolish is b/c one company has $100 billion dollars in revenue (Apple) the other has $18 billion in revenue (RIM). It doesn't matter how many smartphones RIM ships unless they're doing $100 billion in revenue nobody on that list is outdoing Apple. In Canada RIM still has 35% market share (on it's worst year), and Apple sits at 30%. Since the total is also averaged, it also greatly misconstrues the data presented. Some countries are too small and greatly distort the average in conjunction with revenue and scale.

3. RIM has 80 million customers - up 2 million from the year before.... public perception may be bad but it didn't stop RIM from growing their subscriber base & ALSO keeping the addition 78 million customers they already had. Remember once again RIM is NOT Apple, they're a quarter of the size of Apple and they operate in a country one tenth the size of yours.

http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.com/articles/rim-surprises-with-subscriber-increase/25423/

4. Dude the BIGGEST problem with what you're doing is comparing a company 10 times bigger than another & asking why the other isn't equal. This is like me, taking the population of Canada and trying to compare it to the U.S., 36 million to 340 million. And saying why isn't Canada as big as the United States ? You see the issue here ? No one is knocking Apple's success fam. I'm trying to save your ass from losing money. I would not invest in Apple until it plummets in price. RIM is having it's troubles NOBODY doubts that but it's not as grave as the public is saying. That's why I'm saying for people to read the financial statements to come to a proper conclusion rather than jumping on the bandwagon. The media said American banks were going out of business in 2007/2008, today many of them were bailed out & are currently doing record numbers..... use your head fam.

What RIM has to do is move away from the comparisons of Apple and focus entirely on it's own business here in Canada and in other places around the world where they are strong. They are still growing subscribership, they are still shipping millions of smartphones and maintaining their revenue. RIM has never done 5 million in a day, on average they do 20-30 million a year (they currently have $18 billion dollars in revenue) so this is why it confuses me & makes me laugh as to why people are so shocked when RIM only ships 20-30 million phones in comparison to Apple. But they don't have to do 5 million in a day if they can still ship 10 million a year and take home 1 to 3 billion in profits that's a success. They're not gonna do $40 billion in profits & neither will Samsung. But there are 80 million customers with RIM that love the product and will upgrade to BB10. Samsung, Nokia, LG, Motorola can't claim that.

2) This is a BOLD FACED LIE. That chart has ? all to do with revenue and you know it...if that were the case Apple would be on TOP of that list. That chart is based on DEVICE market share. If the there were 12,000,000 smartphones sold in the world during that year RIM only sold 120,000 of those smartphones. IT HAS NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH REVENUE. RIM DOESNT NOT HAVE 35% market share in Canada...again another lie. It has 26% thats behind Apple's 27%.

3) 2 million users??? A less than 3% growth and this is what your happy about?? Whether RIM operates in Waterloo, Kitchener or SoCal doesnt matter, RIM competes in a GLOBAL market. They compete against Apple, Samsung, Nokia...and they are getting ROCKED.

4) Of course I am comparing RIM to APPLE...they are they're main competition. Who the ? else are you supposed to compare RIM to? Apple/Samsung/Microsoft/Nokia/Motorola....are all out to ? RIM, why wouldnt you compare RIM's market position to those companies?? WTF??

5) Profit and RIM dont belong in the same sentence...what sheets are you looking at? They lost $225 Million last quarter, they sold 7.2 Million phones Q2 2012 vs 10 million phones in Q2 2011, The only reason they ONLY lost $225 Million is because they damn near put half of Waterloo on UI. Please stop comparing RIM to Samsung...Samsung could CRUSH RIM tomorrow. They've sold almost 15 million Galaxy S3s...and thats NOT including the other Samsung phones. Samsung just posted a $7.3 BILLION PROFIT from July to Sept.

RIM is a dying company....BB10 is pushed all the way back to MARCH 2013. When that tanks...RIP RIM.

^lullaby post