FINAL FANTASY FANS: List your top 5.

Options

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't lie.

FF6 is the reason why the FF series later on failed.

FF1-5 was really consistent
  • Wooden Chop Sticks
    Wooden Chop Sticks Members Posts: 59
    Options
    I honestly believe these ? shouldn't even release another new Final Fantasy at the moment. Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns?...its bad enough they made FFXIII-2...they should remake FF7...just imagine how live that ? would be with updated graphics and CGI..I wouldn't mind dropping $60 on that ? .
  • ohhhla
    Options
    I honestly believe these ? shouldn't even release another new Final Fantasy at the moment. Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns?...its bad enough they made FFXIII-2...they should remake FF7...just imagine how live that ? would be with updated graphics and CGI..I wouldn't mind dropping $60 on that ? .

They should.

So, the gamers who did like FF7 will forever hate it

Due to lack of talent.

• Wooden Chop Sticks
    Options
    You don't think they could do it justice? (Definately not the team who made FFXII-FFXIII)
  • ohhhla
    Options
    You don't think they could do it justice? (Definately not the team who made FFXII-FFXIII)

FF12 was good, the main director got sick so he wasn't in the finishing stages.

FF13 team are the same team who made FF7 with little to no talent.

FF7, 8, 10, 10-2, 13, Crisis Core, Dissidia, and etc are the same team.
  • Wooden Chop Sticks
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

Good drop...did not know the same team that made FF7 produced the ? that is FF13.

If you like the FF series you should check out the Lunar series....probably a little pricey right now but definately a great series. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue is up there as one of my fav RPGs
  • ohhhla
    Options

Good drop...did not know the same team that made FF7 produced the ? that is FF13.

If you like the FF series you should check out the Lunar series....probably a little pricey right now but definately a great series. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue is up there as one of my fav RPGs

Yea, when I was a teen.

I always used to pay attention to the credits.

Those guys are letting Toriyama handle FF13 was a bad idea.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Misleading... 6,7,8 and 10 are same people... Half left Square... Other half doing VsXIII... The main people that did 10 did XIII...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    That is not true.

FF6 was done by Ito and Kitase

FF7, 8, 10, 13 were done by Kitase.
  • ocelot
    Options
    That is not true.

FF6 was done by Ito and Kitase

FF7, 8, 10, 13 were done by Kitase.

6 was Ito and Kitase and was overlooked by Sakaguchi... 7 and 8 was Kitase and Nomura and was overlooked by Sakaguchi... 9 was Ito... 10 and 13 were Toriyama... The people that made FF are now their own company Nomura who also made Kingdom Hearts is working on Vs... Kitase is just a executive producer now... Toriyama wrote and directed 13... Not the gawds that made 6,7,8,9
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Kitase was still the producer of FF7, 8, 10, 13 series and Dissidia

AND FF7 compilation.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    10 was great

Eh, 10-2 was better
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt like 10-2 too much. Music, and characters made me feel like a japanese girl.

10 was pretty dope imo. Probably my 2nd favorite. Auron was the ? ? ! and Sin was a dope boss.

13 I didnt like, characters were ok, but the damn story is lame. And i hate how they get all this negative feedback from 13, and keep making ff13 games, going on the 3rd one. I thought 13-2 was cool because of the battle system but thats all. Story wise i hate time travelling, just made the ? confusing sometimes.

I will be checking out 13-3 but thats only because im such a FF fanboy. Im not expecting much from it and wish 13 versus would drop, or they just move on to FF15.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Square need to get on that 6 remake asap. I'm grabbing whatever console they put it on
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FF 7
    FF 12
    FF 6
    FF 10
    FF 4
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    FFVIII was so ambitious I look past it flaws... The music was GOAT... The graphics at the time were GOAT... Story was speaking from an introvert perspective(most of us on here are introverts)... The world had spirit and soul... There were a lot of forshadowing... The Characters were GOAT...The card game was GOAT...What's not to like?

I'm with Ocelot on this one. viii is my fave after vii only because vii was my first and got me into playing final fantasy games. i never understood the hate, I liked squall, music was off the hook. opening in my top 5 game openings. my only problem was game slowed down with the whole space thing
  • ocelot
    Options
    Yeah that 3rd disc should have been rewritten... Also, Rinoa and Squall being together because the plot said so shouldve been rewritten...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Opening intro of FF8 serve no purpose to the actual plot.

You guys are going off nostalgia.
  • vagrant-718
    Options

intro had the battle between squall and seifer which lead to origin of scar on their face.

• ohhhla
    Options

intro had the battle between squall and seifer which lead to origin of scar on their face.

But why were they fighting?

The credit I give to that game is the realistic characters and the music.
  • vagrant-718
    Options
    they were sparring - i believe it was all explained when squall was in quistis office
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Lol, I guess. FF8 is overrated to me.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Yeah, if they ain't ? with an FF7 remake, they need to do an ff6 remake on the ps3, or the vita.

Imagine the ultima blade with updated graphics, woo.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Yeah, if they ain't ? with an FF7 remake, they need to do an ff6 remake on the ps3, or the vita.

Boldchild, what are you asking for?

This isn't Square 18 to 19 years ago.

Do you want them to botch that up?
  • BoldChild
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

Boldchild, what are you asking for?

This isn't Square 18 to 19 years ago.

Do you want them to botch that up?

I believe FF's main problem now is Toriyama, and his desire to "mainstream" FF(he is bascially trying to copy the elder scrolls, but keep it FF at the same time, and make it a big seller like the Call of DUty series)

The remakes would probably be done by a different team, and going by their past remakes, they generally don't mess with the story or anything, they mainly imrove the over all look of the game, fix bugs, and add new content.

I'd want a FF6 remake even if they only decided to do a PSP remake version.

FF4 complete collection was the goat. (I've played FF4 advance, and ff4 CC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anqdZOvL6v0 <--- Imagine FF6 looking like that. I don't see why they didn't do FF6 in the first place though.