ESPN: "Report: Kobe Goes at Howard"

Options
S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
ESPN is gettin real gully with these headlines Lmao
Prior to a shootaround in preparation for Wednesday night's game against the Memphis Grizzlies, coach Mike D'Antoni invited members of the Lakers to air their grievances, according to a team source.

Several players spoke up, including Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant, the 17-year veterans who make up the Lakers' backcourt.

Bryant asked Dwight Howard if he was bothered by playing alongside him, according to the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the meeting.

Bryant acknowledged he could be "hard to play with," according to the newspaper, and challenged Howard to speak up if he had a problem with it. Howard was "despondent" and did not offer much of a reply, according to a team source.

Wow at this:
One example of the rocky relationship between the two Western Conference All-Star starters, according to a league source, was a game this season when Howard harped to a teammate about the disparity between his and Bryant's shots while sitting on the bench. The teammate called Bryant over so Howard could tell it to Bryant's face, but the center refused to speak up.

Full article- http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8875019/los-angeles-lakers-hold-team-meeting-air-grievances

Comments

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Until I see a name with this ? , I ain't ? with ESPN and their "anonymous sources" anymore. After them and the Big Headed Dwarf Sean Salsbury used to roast got T.O. cut by Dallas with the b.s. coverage, I just look at them as trolls.
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unless its a named source its probably false
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldnt be surprised if this ? was true.

Also would be surprised if Gasol was traded and/or Howard walked.

I knew this ? wouldnt work when Mike Brown was hired as a coach my suspicion was further confirmed later when Brown was fired and they didnt get much of an upgrade in D'Antoni.

With the exception of Howard they are old with weak coaching and no bench.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They probably shop Howard and get some draft picks or something
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do we have to continue to hear about this?
    The Lakers suck this year and should be getting as much media coverage as any other 12-seed team.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what kills me about this whole situation is Kobe is rarely criticized for what he does by the media . He's been ass on the defensive end all season but some how its dwight's fault their losing. To me all of them should be held responsible including Jim Buss.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    trade this ? , please
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^it was DEF ron......nobody else is left from the title team and also has the ballz to put dwight on da spot like that
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^it was DEF ron......nobody else is left from the title team and also has the ballz to put dwight on da spot like that

Exactly.

Thats that old school ? , so these days it aint hard to pick out the 'last of a dying breed' type dudes who'd do that to a "star". Hell, half of em play for the Knicks.

• Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight Howard encapsulates every thing thats wrong in a basketball player. he's a ? , he doesn't play hard, he complains, he's a coach-killer....and let me mention again, is a ? .

Kobe respects you if you have the ? to man up and challenge him about things you think he's doing wrong...Howard just wants to throw shade behind people's back and when he gets called out on it...acts like he said nothing
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Kobe gonna run duke outta town,kobe said "I tried to get dwight the ball and it threw me off rhythm".The lakers thought dwight being in a "championship culture" + L.a. would make his choice easy but this season has been a debacle and he's complaining.None of this would exist if Dwight played wit Lebron.Just makes me appreciate Lebrons game even more

Lakers will have a decision to make like summer 04 kobe or dwight + keeping d'antoni
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe gonna run duke outta town,kobe said "I tried to get dwight the ball and it threw me off rhythm".The lakers thought dwight being in a "championship culture" + L.a. would make his choice easy but this season has been a debacle and he's complaining.None of this would exist if Dwight played wit Lebron.Just makes me appreciate Lebrons game even more

Lakers will have a decision to make like summer 04 kobe or dwight + keeping d'antoni

One of them is 34 (40 in Basketball years), i think that choice is easy.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ^I agree.The lakers will let kobe walk after the '14 season and assure dwight in private discussions that the future is his.

Kobe will either championship chase or go away
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That dude is pointblank to the highest order a ? ass ? . Thats why D.Rose the face of Adidas why Dwight rarely get no love. This dude would of been punch in the ? mouth by now if he was playing in the 80's or 90's.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Tommy and toheeb27 I think Kobe will walk before he championship chases or plays second fiddle at thos point in his career.

As much as I hate Kobe he has 5 titles and is easily the second best shooting
    guard the league has ever seen as much as I dont like him.

Howard is phenom but I question his heart and whether he's a winner.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I been saying this... Dhoward is a ? ... cues up Common and inserts Howard's name for ALL rappers being dissed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpgMemILfSc