• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another city not mentioned
    Newark, NJ
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Every sports team here most of the time sell out except for the White Sox.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los Angeles
    TheIraq wrote: »
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Cleveland will be too obvious. Has ATL won anything since the braves back in the 90's ?

Has Chicago won anything since the bulls back in the 90's? not sure if they got a hockey ship or not

But my point is I can't call a city a bad sports city just b/c the teams haven't won anything. Chicago is one of the best sports city in the country. But I do wonder at what point do folks go from supporting their team to being gullible. Like they keep showing up for Cubs when it's obvious the ownership doesn't seem to care about getting the team right. At what point do fans need to stop showing up to show ownership they they won't keep supporting a loser. But i can respect the fans for that more than folks down MIA showing up in the 2nd quarter for Heat games. Or the 12 ppl that showed up for Marlin games last year.

AAGS208_zpsf679f1a5.jpg

2005whitesox_si_zps6e16e094.jpg

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Newark, NJ

We only got one team and they won 3 cups.
    devils-cup-banners.jpg
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Has to be New York

lol as a fellow patriots fan imma have to say you cant be acting holier than thou. Boston is the most secret bandwagon sports towns in the country. I remember the days of foxboro being empty as ? and know people who had season tickets before there was an actual waiting list. Before the Big 3 came the garden had more black and yellow than a wiz khalifia video shoot. The bruins lost attendance in the late 90's early 2000's when they were not as competitive. And ? don't know this but in the mid 90's fenway was not full at all you could get tickets at the gate and ? .

And also even as a pats fan (hate the rest of the teams in boston) the fanbase is hella hypocritical. When the big 3 came everyone was happy as ? but then lebron bosh and wade join up and ? crying about how thats not "fair". Red sox fans hated the evil empire but then the red sox starting buying players that were cocky and lazy and they aint say ? . As a pats fan i get sick of the spy gate ? after we beat a local team like the jets but at the same time we lose a game last week and people on facebook ? about how ray lewis had a murder trial.

You said your 22?? You dont remember ? bruh, most of that ? never happened

@its....JOHN B

what did i say here that is wrong everything i just explained is from when I was around 9 or 10 up untill current day?

the pats weren't popular till their first super bowl in boston: Fact
    fenway attendance was not consistent untill around 2002: Fact
    the bruins and celtics attendance went down in the late 90's: Fact

Pats play in Foxborough, their first superbowl was in 86 you werent born, 2001 was their 3rd superbowl but there first win so your off by two superbowls, you were what 2 years old when Bledsoe was drafted you cant speak for those teams, I was at that old stadium when all it was was cold benches and ? people falling all over the place and it filled up even when we werent that good

Yea it wasnt till what 02-03 when we started the sellout streak, but what before that the park was half empty? No obviously when your team isnt that good for a long period of time fans arent going to show up like its the playoffs, that goes for all franchises but the Sox always had one of the best fanbases and should no where near be labeled bandwagoners

Celtics werent relevant for more than a decade after the Bird era, but the garden would still fill up more than most franchises would, I remember back in the day they would show people going to Mavericks games to read books, the Heat had to call out their fan base, i'll say this its not like the 80's when it was a Celtics town, its a Patriots/Red Sox town, I know not every fan is like me but we didnt just start watching during the big 3 era, they just gave us something to cheer about, and if you follow this teams road games no other team has more fans on the road besides maybe the Lakers than the C's do, we're all over

fact of the matter is when your team isnt good your stadiums/arenas arent going to fill up night in night out

the bolded is false because i have been to the garden for a knicks raptors game in the mid 2000's and that joint was sold out and the knicks hadn't won at home in over a month. The cubs have been terrible they still sell out the park. In the 90's when the sox were doing better than what the cubs currently do in the standings the bleachers had green seats you could see on tv. also when it comes to the celtics they made it in the playoffs and had great teams in the pierce walker era in a new arena at the time...still attendance was down.

as far as the pats what does it matter how old i was if i know people alive during that era in my family who talked about how it was. Likewise i was around for the packers pats superbowl and you would think a team that made it that far would start selling out and have a slightly bigger following than they did in the late 90's.

• StillFaggyAF
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    Newark, NJ

devils-cup-banners.jpg

im counting Nets and Red bulls
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los Angeles
    @MikeydaGawd you a Cubs fan ? ??????
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's like a multiple choice test from school.
    4 answers but only 1 of them is right.
    And I think we all know what's the right answer.
  • bigev240
    Options
    Newark, NJ

devils-cup-banners.jpg

Then your right.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Newark, NJ

devils-cup-banners.jpg

Then your right.

Newark is great example of wasted potential, not just including sports
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    @MikeydaGawd you a Cubs fan ? ??????

2e7ae25e677011e2a77722000a1fbc49_7.jpg
  • bigev240
    Options
    Newark, NJ

devils-cup-banners.jpg

Then your right.

Fam you ain't lying. Newark could be so much more than it is now.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Newark, NJ

devils-cup-banners.jpg

Then your right.

Fam you ain't lying. Newark could be so much more than it is now.

Damn Jersey politicians.....
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Newark, NJ

devils-cup-banners.jpg

Those banners weren't even won in newark they were won in east rutherford new jersey since the devils moved to newark they are 0 for 1 in stanley cup wins.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Newark, NJ

devils-cup-banners.jpg

Those banners weren't even won in newark they were won in east rutherford new jersey since the devils moved to newark they are 0 for 1 in stanley cup wins.

ok
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland
    I just read the thread title and without entering the thread I already knew who I was voting for
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has to be New York

lol as a fellow patriots fan imma have to say you cant be acting holier than thou. Boston is the most secret bandwagon sports towns in the country. I remember the days of foxboro being empty as ? and know people who had season tickets before there was an actual waiting list. Before the Big 3 came the garden had more black and yellow than a wiz khalifia video shoot. The bruins lost attendance in the late 90's early 2000's when they were not as competitive. And ? don't know this but in the mid 90's fenway was not full at all you could get tickets at the gate and ? .

And also even as a pats fan (hate the rest of the teams in boston) the fanbase is hella hypocritical. When the big 3 came everyone was happy as ? but then lebron bosh and wade join up and ? crying about how thats not "fair". Red sox fans hated the evil empire but then the red sox starting buying players that were cocky and lazy and they aint say ? . As a pats fan i get sick of the spy gate ? after we beat a local team like the jets but at the same time we lose a game last week and people on facebook ? about how ray lewis had a murder trial.

@its....JOHN B

what did i say here that is wrong everything i just explained is from when I was around 9 or 10 up untill current day?

Pats play in Foxborough, their first superbowl was in 86 you werent born, 2001 was their 3rd superbowl but there first win so your off by two superbowls, you were what 2 years old when Bledsoe was drafted you cant speak for those teams, I was at that old stadium when all it was was cold benches and ? people falling all over the place and it filled up even when we werent that good

Yea it wasnt till what 02-03 when we started the sellout streak, but what before that the park was half empty? No obviously when your team isnt that good for a long period of time fans arent going to show up like its the playoffs, that goes for all franchises but the Sox always had one of the best fanbases and should no where near be labeled bandwagoners

Celtics werent relevant for more than a decade after the Bird era, but the garden would still fill up more than most franchises would, I remember back in the day they would show people going to Mavericks games to read books, the Heat had to call out their fan base, i'll say this its not like the 80's when it was a Celtics town, its a Patriots/Red Sox town, I know not every fan is like me but we didnt just start watching during the big 3 era, they just gave us something to cheer about, and if you follow this teams road games no other team has more fans on the road besides maybe the Lakers than the C's do, we're all over

fact of the matter is when your team isnt good your stadiums/arenas arent going to fill up night in night out

the bolded is false because i have been to the garden for a knicks raptors game in the mid 2000's and that joint was sold out and the knicks hadn't won at home in over a month. The cubs have been terrible they still sell out the park. In the 90's when the sox were doing better than what the cubs currently do in the standings the bleachers had green seats you could see on tv. also when it comes to the celtics they made it in the playoffs and had great teams in the pierce walker era in a new arena at the time...still attendance was down.

as far as the pats what does it matter how old i was if i know people alive during that era in my family who talked about how it was. Likewise i was around for the packers pats superbowl and you would think a team that made it that far would start selling out and have a slightly bigger following than they did in the late 90's.

But Boston owns the sellout streak, so it may have filled up the night you were there, but it wasnt filling up every night
  • Sir Lurkalot
    Sir Lurkalot Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami
    Miami & Atl... Most of the people from both those cities ain't from there and/or haven't lived there long enuff and gives no ? bout any of those teams
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Has to be New York

@its....JOHN B

But Boston owns the sellout streak, so it may have filled up the night you were there, but it wasnt filling up every night

The red sox have an attendance streak the celtics don't have an attendance streak thats long in the early to mid 2000's they did not have 100% attendance some years as low as 85% (including sponsor tickets that might now show up to the arena. The garden was getting 95%+ during that same time.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Has to be New York

@its....JOHN B

Sellout streak is fake as ? .

Alot of bandwagon fans here agreed, but Boston also has some of teh best core fans who deal with the ? also. Theres always been Red Sox fans when they werent in World Series or plain sucked for about 80 plus years.

Just hate the "pink hats"

Personally always been a Celtics fan, but maybe its a cultural thing for me to love basketball regardless of the majority of the failed 90s.

Hockey wasnt ? til the Bruins won the stanley cup, and all of the sudden people love hockey again..

Its a mixture of bandwagon and ? fans. The newer gen seem more like bandwagon fans due to the more recent success I guess, but there is truth to it.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland
    I know nobody gives a ? about the NHL, but the LA Kings did win the Stanley Cup last year.

I would have to say Cleveland. Anytime I'm down on myself for being a Vikings fan, I always remind myself atleast I'm not from Cleveland.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Has to be New York

@its....JOHN B

Sellout streak is fake as ? .

Alot of bandwagon fans here agreed, but Boston also has some of teh best core fans who deal with the ? also. Theres always been Red Sox fans when they werent in World Series or plain sucked for about 80 plus years.

Just hate the "pink hats"

Personally always been a Celtics fan, but maybe its a cultural thing for me to love basketball regardless of the majority of the failed 90s.

Hockey wasnt ? til the Bruins won the stanley cup, and all of the sudden people love hockey again..

Its a mixture of bandwagon and ? fans. The newer gen seem more like bandwagon fans due to the more recent success I guess, but there is truth to it.

For sure I just dont think we should be mentioned amongst the worst, if anything even if we dont have the best fans we should be mentioned amongst the best
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O/T, but am I the only one getting these "reverbnation" ads at the top of the screen with all these nobody ass rappers??

And somebody explain this nikka and his name...

8b0aa100318358937f76ac5652a9f664.jpg
  • matt mane
    matt mane Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Options
    Got damn chicago horrible teams
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami
    Cleveland, it could be argued, has the most passionate fanbase in the country. I'd argue that the Miami sports scene, save for the Hurricane faithful, are the most apathetic in all of sports.

Can't get over the fact that some Heat games last year had a lot of empty seats well into the 3rd quarter. Not to mention the Dolphin stadium is a wasteland. And the Marlins? HA!