? people who think they know something about sports but really don't know jack ?

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know i couldnt be the only one thinking this was a thread about USmarine..
  • tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My homeboy sad Kyrie Irving would've beaten Kobe in that one on one he challenged him to. I just gave him the sideeye and told him he shouldn't speak about ball anymore
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

- You think American Football is played with pads because "the players are soft" and somehow rugby (played by a bunch of crackers the size of Wes Welker) is "tougher" 'cause they playing in daisy dukes and soccer shirts.

Cotdamn lol. You know how many polynesians play bruh? Im guessing in the states its a white mans game though.

Both sports are vicious as hell IMO
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

- You think American Football is played with pads because "the players are soft" and somehow rugby (played by a bunch of crackers the size of Wes Welker) is "tougher" 'cause they playing in daisy dukes and soccer shirts.

Cotdamn lol. You know how many polynesians play bruh? Im guessing in the states its a white mans game though.

polo shirts and nuthugger shorts? Haha. Nah, rugby kinda looks like when football teams lateral to each other with 5 seconds left on the clock.

With that said it takes alot more endurance to play it than football I think, but like the poster said I travel alot and tons of brits think Football is boring and a soft sport because the guys wear pads.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QBs are the end all and be all on a football team.

I had that mindset. QBs are usually the most important player on the offense, but they are also the most dependent. A wide receiver can be great on his own. Running backs can be decent with limited support. QBs ain't ? unless they go a workable line, decent receivers, and some semblance of a running game. I'm not ? on QBs. I'm just saying it so stupid when people try to give all the credit for wins or fault for losses to the QB when its literally impossible for a QB to do anything without the rest of the offense.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When there's a big fight with big names, everybody knows boxing.

And we all know "most people don't know ? about boxing"

I don't even pretend to...
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shout to all the ? that think they can be the 15th man on the bench in the league

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2013/01/brian_scalabrin.html
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When there's a big fight with big names, everybody knows boxing.

And we all know "most people don't know ? about boxing"

I don't even pretend to...

shout out to all the people that think floyd can beat anybody in boxing not named Klitchsko regardless of weight class
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apollo Creed>>>
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these are the people who always seem to win the march madness pools
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Nikkas that use ESPN/sports "terms" out of context, especially in the act of hating. Like...

- (insert QB here that you don't like) throws a interception or incomplete pass in the 1st quarter... "Told y'all he wasn't clutch". Clutch? 1st Quarter? Word?

- Thinks words like "elite" should go to anyone that they just saw have one good game, but since it was the last game they saw, they're convinced until the next game.

- Thinks a black quarterback is automatically a "running QB" because ESPN hasn't told them otherwise. But doesn't know that Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers could also be labeled "running QBs" by the same measure.

- Thinks teams win and lose based on the city they play in or the logo on their uniform (and not the team and players that are CURRENTLY on the team.)

- Nikkas that dry-hate on a squad or a player, not because they have any real criticism of that team or squad, but because a fan of that team hurt their feelings at some point online or offline.

- Females @ Super Bowl parties or sports bars that are just there to be "in the place to be". (These "females" come in Male and Female versions. Batteries not included.)

- Nikkas that think a team in a small market only reps hard because it ain't "nothing else to do", but then turn around and hate on ATL or Miami fans for not being overzealous in the same breath.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ shots fired at the cheap seats ^^^^^^^^
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? who think they could beat Brian Scalerbrine in a 1 on 1 game.....
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shout to all the ? that think they can be the 15th man on the bench in the league

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2013/01/brian_scalabrin.html

That ? reminds me of Pros vs Joes. Watching old and/or washed up players destroy dudes that thought they were one break away from the league was priceless. You got to watch the original season though. After the first two seasons, they added a bunch of stuff to try and make it competitive.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to that ? who said he could be Desean Jackson in the league..because he use to zig zag on ? in street football..

but he took an arrow to the knee
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That 1 penalty or foul changed the outcome of the game.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Shiddd, my high school coach was pushing 50 and was a former Pro-Bowl/All American safety with a college and Super Bowl ring...

...Yet he put on some cleats one day and shut down our best receiver. lol.

• greenwood1921
    Options

A lot of those same Polynesians play American FB too.

No Manti.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? people who think they know something about sports but really don't know jack ? "
    see that randy moss thread
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thread title should be the name of this forum
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just rename this thread "Bilfiger"
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was like...

"Taylor Mays is the next Ronnie Lott."

Smdh... And ? you Singletary
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rage owns this thread serisouly he's been talking dumb ? ever since he signed up for the IC
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Rage owns this thread serisouly he's been talking dumb ? ever since he signed up for the IC

Man, and I heard that before. Never really gave any ? about his posts, but the way he cheerleading for Moss' in that "Greatest WR ever thread" is hilariously sad.