Best Duo in NBA History

Options

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen
    If u wanna go just off rings, well then MJ and Pip, but if u talkin talent wise, gotta go with Shaq and Kobe...real ? I might even go with LBJ and Wade over MJ and Pip from a talent perspective as well, just off the fact that Pip is overrated than a ? and clearly the weakest link out of all the great 2nd options in NBA history.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    2 Drawlz wrote: »
    I feel Kobe was a far better #2 than Pippen tho
    Pippen without Jordan = 55 wins in a tough era.
    2nd in MVP, i think he won AllStar MVP that year. Lost in 7 Games Semi East Finals to The Knicks

Kobe without Shaq = No Playoffs . And Phil Jack @ the helm=1st round exit
    blu197 wrote: »
    It Micheal Jordan and Scottie 6 is better than 3 . Also Scottie is a better number 2 because he played his role and never put the team goal in jeopardy with his ego and still ate handsomely . Kobe may have better numbers but at the end of the day he ? up the team . Scottie never did that. Also the year after Jordan retired the Bulls were still relevant because of Scottie. Where with just Kobe the Lakers fell off until they got bynum/gasol

The reason why the bulls didn't fall off is b/c they still had the same team basically...jus minus jordan... When Shaq left lakers everybody left with him, kobe got stuck with scrubs and no Phil

After Shaq got traded everybody jumped ship ,haha they knew what it was
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    If u wanna go just off rings, well then MJ and Pip, but if u talkin talent wise, gotta go with Shaq and Kobe...real ? I might even go with LBJ and Wade over MJ and Pip from a talent perspective as well, just off the fact that Pip is overrated than a ? and clearly the weakest link out of all the great 2nd options in NBA history.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgiTLdSyfWJPn4AmsnOYJVIpvBgLnD6dnA1n6ffRTahTrj_Ms9
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf y'all smoking in here.....pip and MJ not even close...if MJ didn't quit on his team like a ? they would of won 8 straight, maybe more if bulls front office didnt break it up they could of won 2 more atleast.

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal

slap.gif
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Kobe wasn't number 2 he was 1a/b, and Kobe wasn't even close to his prime back when he and Shaq won.

kobe wasn't 1a/b he was a 2 cut it out

Regular Season:
    99-00: 22.5ppg 6.3rpg 4.9apg 1.6spg
    00-01: 28.5ppg 5.9rpg 5apg 1.7spg
    01-02: 25.2ppg 5.5rpg 5.5apg 1.5spg

Playoffs:
    00: 21.1ppg 4.5rpg 4.4apg 1.5spg 1.5bpg
    01: 29.4ppg 7.3rpg 6.1apg 1.6spg
    02: 26.6ppg 5.8rpg 4.6apg 1.4spg

Putting up 25 5 5 doesn't make you a 2nd option no matter how you cut it. Also, Kobe was the official closer on the team so his role was just as big as Shaq's. Stop the hate.

You can pull out all the numbers you want he was a second option , when they built the team around dude they fell off by no means does that signify to me that he was 1 a/b if that was that case the transition would have been seamless .

• MC The Rapper
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Kobe wasn't number 2 he was 1a/b, and Kobe wasn't even close to his prime back when he and Shaq won.

Regular Season:

Playoffs:

Putting up 25 5 5 doesn't make you a 2nd option no matter how you cut it. Also, Kobe was the official closer on the team so his role was just as big as Shaq's. Stop the hate.

3 post
  • MC The Rapper
    edited February 2013
    Options

Regular Season:

Playoffs:

3post
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I voted for Jordan and Pippen because of the rings but I would like to officially change my pick

I gotta go with Bill Russell and K.C. Jones

2 NCAA national championships
    1 Olympic gold medals
    8 NBA championships

Now other duo has done that much winning
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing that stopped Shaq and Kobe were Shaq and Kobe.

Had they put their egos to the side they probably could have won a couple of more titles.

Shaq still had a lot in the tank after that 2004 season when they lost to the Pistons in the Finals.

They could have added a free agent and been right back on top but we all know the story and that Shaq left after that.

It also hurt that Laker brass wanted Shaq to take a pay cut.

I gave Shaq and Kobe the nod over Jordan and Pippen because Kobe was a much better second option then Pippen.

Shaq and Kobe were both in their primes and are both top 10 players in league history.

As great as Jordan is Pippen isn't near as talented as Kobe was in his prime.

I remember Shaq and Kobe averaging like 28 or 29 a game for a season or two.

Kobe was the best second option ever during this time.

Basically it was a team with two number 1 options both in the prime of their career.

i agree with this statement for the most part but Kobe wasn't in his prime the majority of the time he played with Shaq... hell he was only played maybe 1 year of his prime with Shaq. With MJ and Pippen they were both in their prime while playing together for obviously a much longer period of time That being said Prime Pippen = 23 year old Mamba. So it comes down to the MJ vs Shaq comparison thats coincidentally enough being discussed in the other thread. I would personally take MJ over Shaq for a number of reasons but more than anything he stayed relatively healthy where as Shaq missed a handful of games/free throws while in LA.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The numbers I posted speak for themselves no other duo is ? wit them
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    The numbers I posted speak for themselves no other duo is ? wit them

Your logic regarding this topic speaks for itself.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol this ?
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Magic Johnson and Karim Abdul-Jabbar

p1_magic.jpg
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna say Kareem and Oscar but their run was too short.....Shaq and Kobe could barely get along, how are they the best duo? Their on court chemistry wasn't all that.

CHEMISTRY-WISE

either Stockton/Malone or Bron/Wade

RING-WISE

Shaq/Kobe

INDIVIDUAL TALENT_WISE

Kareem/Magic or Kareem/Oscar
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH at ? voting Kobe and Shaq, who conveniently wasn't winning ? until Jordan retired or the same combo that got beaten by a Pistons team with no superstar.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    SMH at ? voting Kobe and Shaq, who conveniently wasn't winning ? until Jordan retired or the same combo that got beaten by a Pistons team with no superstar.

Kobe was 19 when Mike retired from da bulls fam, LOL u dumb
  • CoolJoe
    Options

You're not serious.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Jordans run ended in 1998 right, the Lakers first ring came in 2000 right. You act as if there was this big time span.

Kobe was 2 years into the league and 20 years old when Jordan was on his second 3 pete.
  • CoolJoe
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

Jordans run ended in 1998 right, the Lakers first ring came in 2000 right. You act as if there was this big time span.

Kobe was 2 years into the league and 20 years old when Jordan was on his second 3 pete.

Lmao, you suck at trolling.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cooljoe this clown is serious dont underestimate his stupidity

i thought i told yall he doesnt know ? about sports aside from that he regurgitates everything..
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal
    The Lakers in the late 90s were that young upcoming team that couldn't get over the ? , sorta of like the bulls in the late 80s
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    6 finals
    6 titles
    never played a full season in the 90s together that didnt end in a ring

and Oh yeah

72-10