Why Do Black People Vote Democrat

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because we started from the bottom now we here.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its the funniest thing in the world. Republicans don't advertise to Minority communities, have no outreach programs, slam programs designed to help the poor, etc. but complain about not having large numbers of minority groups in support of them. Simply put, Black people don't vote for Republicans because Republicans aren't responsive to our needs as a community
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's like saying if you are pro-gun rights, you should automatically vote Republican. There's more to a party and making a decision to vote in their favor than agreeing or disagreeing with them on one or two issues.

If more people paid attention to the overall positions of each party/cadidate...nevermind. ? ain't listening.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its the funniest thing in the world. Republicans don't advertise to Minority communities, have no outreach programs, slam programs designed to help the poor, etc. but complain about not having large numbers of minority groups in support of them. Simply put, Black people don't vote for Republicans because Republicans aren't responsive to our needs as a community

and the demcrats are??
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »

and the demcrats are??

...Solid point that a lot of people will disagree with. The Deomocratic party doesn't do nearly as much for poor, lower class and lower-middle class black and hispanic people as people think. In lots of cases, we're ignored by BOTH parties.

Dems mostly ignore because they know they are getting our vote regardless and Reps mostly ignore because they already know they AIN'T getting our vote regardless.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lol true conservatives can not stand Republicans anyway they think most of them are too moderate.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In theory, some of the Republican policies were good. But only a few and that was before they went crazy and wrecked the world. At this point we cant afford to have them. The country knows we have to keep them far away from power. So hey, thats why the Democrats are in power now. Its not really a hard choice. There is actually a recovery happening due to the Democrats even though its slow. And the world doesnt hate us nowhere near as much. There's too many reasons to list.
  • Snake Griffin
    Snake Griffin Members Posts: 241 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

and the demcrats are??

...Solid point that a lot of people will disagree with. The Deomocratic party doesn't do nearly as much for poor, lower class and lower-middle class black and hispanic people as people think. In lots of cases, we're ignored by BOTH parties.

Dems mostly ignore because they know they are getting our vote regardless and Reps mostly ignore because they already know they AIN'T getting our vote regardless.

You right and thats why i dont vote. we getting ? either way on tha cool.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don't care much for politics. most people don't know that democrats were founded by the kkk and the republican party was abolitionist. black voted republican back then. nowadays it's the other way around.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Why do people vote at all?

before I go in

is this a serious question or a cynical one?

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It all stems from what Jfk and mlk Jr did in the 60s.
  • a.mann
    edited February 2013
    Options
    my major gripe with people that are so quick to denounce the voting process and discouraging others from participating in voting are the VERY same ? that can't even name who their city counsel members are, let alone who's their state Senator or House of Representative member is and the importance of voting for this man or woman representing their state in DC

• a.mann
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Seriously, think about it

it's ALWAYS these people that proudly profess they don't go out to vote for who's mayor, who's governor, who's gone represent their city/county district, who will be their local and state Congress person, don't vote for who's elected to their community school boards, county sheriff etc,etc,etc.....

yet ? and complain about why the "other" community that does participant in voting and stay on their elected officials ? have the better roads,the better schools, cleaner neighborhoods, etc, etc

it only ? me off because they spreading this ignorant ass backward "rationale" in the Black Community,
    subliminally stating that the people are powerless when it comes to community and government concerns.

Why would they do that when it's absolutely not true ?

Why would they do that?

Why would they do?

Why would they?

Why would?

Why?

Wh?

W?
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    my major gripe with people that are so quick to denounce the voting process and discouraging others from participating in voting are the VERY same ? that couldn't can't even name who the hell their local or state Congressman currently is.

Couldn't name who their state Senator or House of Representative member is or the importance of voting for this man or woman that REPRESENTS their state in DC

Its like "its all bad so dont even try" sounds like depression to me. Its personal why people are negative about things. But people reach a point (hopefully)where it dont effect em. Im not really negative about too much in life right now. Feels good. All that talk goes in 1 ear and right out the other.
    But in the end people, not just blacks, are voting Democrat these days because they feel its the better choice. Politics is a touchy subject and nobody has to explain their politics so i'll leave it at that.
  • a.mann
    edited February 2013
    Options
    all I'm sayin is

you don't believe the Earth is round?

fine.

but ? when you see people building boats
  • CapitalB
    edited February 2013
    Options
    all I'm sayin is

you don't believe the Earth is round?

fine.

but ? when you see people building boats

shutup ? . lol

u plate of ? eatin mu'? ..
    or is it a bowl of ? !!? thats ur options right!!?

bowl or plate? cause they both full of ? ! lol
  • a.mann
    edited February 2013
    Options
    that's the thing you don't understand (of course, you think do lol)

it doesn't matter how it's "served"

because it's never about eating the ?

you want use it as fertilizer

• Yroc
    Yroc Members Posts: 145 ✭✭
    Options
    simply put, “not all Republicans are racist...but if you’re a racist, you’re probably a Republican.” - Bill Maher
  • CapitalB
    Options
    that's thing you don't understand (of course, you think do lol)

it doesn't matter how it's "served"

because it's never about eating the ?

you want use it as fertilizer

yeh I get that part..
    but the general populace dont

I always say... play the game... not get played by it..

everybody eatin ? is gettin played...
    and when ur REALLY playin the game it makes no difference who's in office cause ur grass is gonna grow..
  • CapitalB
    Options
    I dont watch WWE.. I watch MSNBC ..Fox and CNN...

its more entertaining. lol
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    because black people are dumb..

but hey.. so are white people..

well.. least the poor ones at least.. both black and white..
    why someone will vote for anything thats not in their interest is beyond me..

because people see the bigger picture, it's not always just about you
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don't care much for politics. most people don't know that democrats were founded by the kkk and the republican party was abolitionist. black voted republican back then. nowadays it's the other way around.

The Democratic Party existed to some extent before the KKK...now were the KKK predominately Democrats in their prime, yes..did they found the party, no
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though some may agree with the stances republicans take on some issues, the candidates that they choose reflect negatively on whatever direction they are going..

That at the racist, overly religious stance of the party.

Doesnt vote post.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    because black people are dumb..

but hey.. so are white people..

well.. least the poor ones at least.. both black and white..
    why someone will vote for anything thats not in their interest is beyond me..

because people see the bigger picture, it's not always just about you

lol... bigger picture like???