Thoughts on These Smoking Jackets?

Options
2»

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you really wearing ascots and smoking jackets?

you trying to get that invisible man swag or what?

Not yet. I have wait until there's a really nice day.

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @MaximusRex TBT mine was passed down to me by my late Uncle who was into that fancy ? . I need to buy one of my own just to kick it in because I rarely wear the one my Unc left me. it's sentimental and I don't wanna burn no weed holes in it...lol
  • twatgetta
    Options
    you really wearing ascots and smoking jackets?

you trying to get that invisible man swag or what?

my ? , you put one on next time ya gal fall thru and watch how intrigued with questions she get. it's a convo starter with females fasho.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    SmokingJacket_zps90f855b7.jpg

This is undoubtedly the fliest piece of clothing that I've ever bought and the fit of the jacket is phenomenal. After trying the jacket on, it just solidified my thoughts on made-to-measure suits. Instead of buying the latest J's, get something that will last a little bit longer, make you look fly as ? , and has lasting value, get yourself a made-to-measure suit and if you're caked up like that go the bespoke route.

WorkingButtons_zps849ac00a.jpg

FYI, one of the marks of quality suit is working buttons. Back in the day muthafuckas just didn't take their coats or jackets off, it just wasn't proper etiquette. For example, you're a doctor and you needed to perform a surgical procedure, instead of taking your coat off, you'd just unbutton the sleeves on your coat and roll up the sleeves. As time went on designers just left the buttons on the coats and jackets. With bespoke, made-to-measure, and higher end suits, there's working buttons on coats and jackets and you're suppose to leave the lowest button on coat or jacket unbuttoned. If you have a off-the-rack suit, when you're having your suit adjusted, make sure you have the little old Asian lady at the dry cleaners open up your pockets, your the lapel button, and give you working buttons on your jacket sleeves.

Rex_zpsf4446d3b.jpg

? Versace, Gucci, and Louis. Rex would rather has HIS name in his clothes.

PimpinHard_zps26bf1e66.jpg

Pimpin' WAAAY to hard.

• twatgetta
    Options
    my lil stripper jawn fuckpiece suppose to get me another one for a ? Bday coming up. I told her I wanted a Brown one with the velvet lapel...we'll seee.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    my lil stripper jawn fuckpiece suppose to get me another one for a ? Bday coming up. I told her I wanted a Brown one with the velvet lapel...we'll seee.

Make her get you a made-to-measure or even a bespoke piece.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    @Maximus Rex that ? right on homie. When I was a kid my mother used to make me and my brothers suit and put "Especially handmade by Martha" in the collar
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    @Maximus Rex that ? right on homie

Thanks potna. Glad you were in b4 those hatin'-huggin-the-block-waaay-to-hard, ? ," who refuse to grow up and think that anything that has a semblance of taste and class is "white." As if the dominant society has a monopoly on taste and class.

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I remember on the IC a few years back ? was saying it was ? to use an umbrella in the rain, ? was like they'll just rock a hoodie, WTF
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Im at home, I would rather kick back and smoke with no top on and a pair of basketball shorts, fck wearing a big chunky jacket, even if it looks pimped out...
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got one. It's Black on Black with a Black silk liner and silk lined pockets. stitched cuffed, real simple but dope. I only wear that ? on rainy days when I know for a fact that I'm in the house for a while. that way I can get that super player relax on with the Cigars, Brandy and Kush.

51zeAvBPYaL._SL1500_.jpg

Do you have something similar ^^^^^?
    I feel you @MaximusRex it takes a REAL player to recognize what real players like.

This what cats don't understand, the intricacies involved in game recognizing game. It's kinda like being in a secret society. As a cigar smoker, when you're smoking a cigar on the street, fellow "Brothers of the Leaf," will acknowledge in the street. When you're dressed right, people will want to ? with, especially white people. White dudes will be like, "His suit fits, he's showing and inch of cuff, he has on dope pocket square. Dude's alright, let me find out a little more about him." Dudes need to stop reaching for the lowest common denominator and try to reach for something a little bit higher.

That ? is trying waaaaayyyyy too hard. I'm all for dressing up when the occasion calls for it. M-TH at work is professional attire. Casual Fridays at work are usually met with a bowtie, spread collar shirt, and some J. Crew/Express slacks and loafers, but a smoking jacket??? So you can look like a ? ?? What type of basic broad is wowed by that?? Bespoke suits is something I ? with. (www.indochino.com, the urban gentleman blog, etc.) but a smoking jacket is extra. Openly admitting that you wear them to gain the favor of White folks is disgusting, but to each his own, ? . I believe that dressing a certain way helps you stand out in terms of how you're seen, but there is something to be said about being gaudy.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you better cop the matching slippers
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pardon my ignorance on the subject, but aren't smoking jackets meant to be worn at home? If you're planning on wearing that ? to the club doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose? you're still gonna smell like smoke
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    pardon my ignorance on the subject, but aren't smoking jackets meant to be worn at home?

Yes and no. A smoking jacket is meant to worn in a smoking room when cigar or pipe is going on. A smoking room can be located in a home or a gentleman's club, (not a nudey bar, but an actual private club. Think Augusta National if they have a smoking room.
    optimistic wrote: »
    If you're planning on wearing that ? to the club doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose? you're still gonna smell like smoke

This is assuming that you can even find a club in America that you can smoke in considering that most places ban indoor smoking. Anyway, I this muthafucka the other day and I got like four compliments. The firs was from a white girl that was definitely choosin', however, I was so caught in buying my tickets for Cap and I didn't realize what was going on until she was up the street.

BrownPimpinAssShoes_zps25a9d9b4.jpg

AnotherDopePic_zps7305cb98.jpg

• 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Calm down ? it's just a jacket.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bruh looks like High Hefner

You just need some snow bunnies by your side and you got a halloween costume there
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats cool to wear

indoors

with ya lady or a poker game

but like durags that ? should not see the light of day