How do you get over someone your constantly around?

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's an unhealthy combination of ? and obsession that I recognize is irrational. I been ? over a chic at my job that I know I can't have. To make matters worse I hardly even know her. Everytime I try to avoid her and move on she goes out of her way to flirt and play with me. It seems as if it is one big game to her. Anyone ever been in a similar situation?

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    get from around them... aint no other way... me and my x had adjacent offices... misery it was...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If you know you can't have her then you either need to distance yourself and give space or have a great deal of discipline during all that playful banter.

You haven't built anything with her yet so it's not that difficult.....yet.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    it's easy...

? her

I would at the drop of a dime if she only made the first move. I have to be extra careful with a chic like her. It's hard to know if she's serious or she's just playing games with me. If she was serious I think she would have made the offer by now.

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If she's teasing you with flirtation either tell her to cut that ? out OR make a bold move. All she can do is shut it down or let you encroach upon her line of scrimmage.

How do you "know" you can't have her. Even some married women can be "had."
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »

How do you "know" you can't have her.

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's easy...

? her

I would at the drop of a dime if she only made the first move. I have to be extra careful with a chic like her. It's hard to know if she's serious or she's just playing games with me. If she was serious I think she would have made the offer by now.
    Most women will never make the first move

• BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    read the sexual harassment guide at ur job or online
    its like a demotivational poster

and side step the girls at ur job
    we in a recession
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    It's an unhealthy combination of ? and obsession that I recognize is irrational. I been ? over a chic at my job that I know I can't have. To make matters worse I hardly even know her. Everytime I try to avoid her and move on she goes out of her way to flirt and play with me. It seems as if it is one big game to her. Anyone ever been in a similar situation?

if she's flirting like U say,
    Then that should be considered as her making the first move..
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bro just make a move ..You get gunned down then so what ...she probably thinks your a ? by now for acting like a ? and not making a move
  • 1of1
    Options
    If she's white, Till yourself.

Don't ever let a white have you in this position.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just ask her to hit up a happy hour with you...

if it sparks, it sparks.. if it doesn't..just know you gave it your best shot.....
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and if she black, Till yourself...
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options

no she isn't. She's a mixed. Those mixed ones just do something to a black ? . lol
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    it's easy...

? her

Is this all you're waiting for? Casually make the first move, what do you have to lose? Some women refuse to initiate anything with a man, worse thing she can do is say no and you keep it moving.

You're at the workplace so tread cautiously.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Options
    Empress_ wrote: »
    it's easy...

? her

Is this all you're waiting for? Casually make the first move, what do you have to lose? Some women refuse to initiate anything with a man, worse thing she can do is say no and you keep it moving.

Know I'm at work and plus my rep is on the line. And I'm one the few brothers there. I have to uphold myself to certain standard. I'm just trying to dead this attraction before it gets any worse. That's why I wanted someone to share their personal experiences. I know I can't be the only one.
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    it's easy...

? her

I can read between the lines

Let's do lunch on Saturday
  • 1of1
    Options
    If you hardly know her you probably don't have to conduct much if any business with each other directly so IDK why you'd be so hesitant.

No disrespect to Emmett's fam. I shouldn't have done that. :-L
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    it's easy...

? her

I can read between the lines

Let's do lunch on Saturday

tumblr_m7qkakLQXH1rrhe80o1_500.gif

I'll book my hair & nail appt. for Friday :)
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tek weh yuhself immediately bruh
  • DaCaliKing
    DaCaliKing Members Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? quit actin like a ? . either smash or ? .

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can't u have her?

Just make that first move if Ur not used to coming at a female let this be your time ull get more confidence either way.

If u get to ? it'll be easier for the next girl.

If u get rejected ull see it ain't that big a deal if she's not with it and u won't be as hesitant with the next chick.

And if she rejects u flirt with other girls even if shes around and she might come around anyway just cuz of that
  • Chi Snow
    Options
    Dont waste ya time getting ya hair did
    You'll sweat it out, sweat it out, sweat it out......