Which was a better animated show: X-Men (1992) or Justice League (2001)

Options
KingJamal
KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!

Which was a better animated show: X-Men (1992) or Justice League (2001) 44 votes

X-Men
56%
Dupac[Deleted User]eyes low5th Letter2stepz_aheads_a_m_r_i_ofocusCJillestni99ainneWill MunnyT-RelS.jR.Ajackson17NothingButTheTruthYoung GunnerKingJamalAristo_V300nj2089savagekdeemula420 25 votes
Justice League
43%
dogfromduckhuntdalyricalbanditex-soldierrageinfamous114soul rattlerBroddieintlhakCopperkzzlThe Lonious MonkCeLLaR-DooRKameVulcanRavenMaximus RexMr. 66HundredCottonCitySlimLord_Hades_08rabbitfood 19 votes

Comments

• KingJamal
    Options
    X-Men
    I love both of these shows but I gotta go with X-Men
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman the animated series
    Gargoyles
    X men
    Hulk
    Justice league
    Sonic
    Super hero squad
    Mario
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Justice League
    Not really into DC comic's, still ain't, but Justice League impressed me.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Justice League
    Bruce Timm is to the animated superhero genre to what Dre is rap music, the muthafucking GOAT. You have to remember, X-Men was on Saturday morning, so they had to dumb it down bit, while Justice League, (at least in my area,) was on in prime time, 10:30. Being that it was targeting a slightly different demo, Timm & 'em could go a little bit harder.

Also, and this is not fault to the people who did X-Men there's only a certain way The Dark Phoenix Saga, can be told. To tell this story properly, you have to include the things that led up to it, namely Jeannie saying the team, getting the powers of the Phoenix, her battles in trying to contain Phoenix, Shaw ? with her, the X-the epicness of the Dark Phoenix taking out a solar system, the X-Men going to the Shi'ar home plant to battle the Imperial Guard, and Jeannie's sacrifice.

Unless you're extraordinarily dope at storytelling, there's no in hell you can effectively tell this story in three episodes, to effectively tell it could take a season or a half a season at a minimum. Also, The Dark Phoenix Saga ain't Logan's story, it's Jeannie's and Scott's with Shaw as the protagonist. That's what X-men and X3 seemed to have missed and for that reason, including Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie's overall better storytelling ability is why I say JLA was better than X-Men

BTW Gargoyles HIGHLY UNDERRATED! Gargoyles was one during that time when animators were trying to push the envelope with American animation and get it out of the mode of "cartoons are just for kids." The thing is Gargoyles was a little ahead of the curve and America wasn't quite ready for that.
  • KingJamal
    edited February 2013
    Options
    X-Men
    Why are some of yall talking about other cartoons. This thread is only about X-Men and Justice League

Now I will say X-Men had some seriously annoying parts. Like Cyclops and Jean smh. Every damn episode this ? was fainting and Cyclops would yell Jeaaaaaaan!!!

? this might be a tie cuz Justice League was great
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At Its Best X-Men Was Better Than JL....But Justice League Was Way Much More Consistent...
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League
    Justice League. It just had much sharper writing and better characterization (unlike Cyclops acting like a complete ? for example). The animation was better too it never seemed as static as the animation in X-Men which makes sense because it came out years later after more advancement in Saturday morning animation was made,
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Justice League
    Xmen fell off when the got them new drawing designs
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League
    Only thing X-Men has over JL is the intro.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League
    While I was glued to. Xmen every sat, justice league takes this. Better writing and they had blood. Wolverine only sliced robots. Made great believable relationships. GL and hawk girl.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While I was glued to. Xmen every sat, justice league takes this. Better writing and they had blood. Wolverine only sliced robots. Made great believable relationships. GL and hawk girl.
    Cats still mad about them not being together. To add on, I had never thought of Batman and Wonder Woman getting together until JL. Now it's got a huge fanbase including the IC. Speaking of batman though that ? was on one the whole series
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-VVcTQlCYg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYRHgmXGSGI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbjp4mwE9HA
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League
    Justice League never fell off...It was dope from start to end (where it got extremely dope)
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League
    Ah mate X-Men though...its so dark and cryptic...Anyone watched any of the cartoons of today?...No wonder kids are some ? nowadays
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    X-Men
    Im a little older so for nostalgia sake I gotta go with x men but jl was dope
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Justice League
    only two things ill give Xmen is the intro like dogfromduckhunt and Apocalypse ? talking
  • Trollio
    Options
    When batman plans got exposed on how to shut down the justice league, they thought they was all friends and could trust each other. Batman eas lile im a human and I dont trust you freak ass ? .

Or when brainiac dismantled the main 6 and flash took him out dolo
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League
    I loved both, but I'm riding with JL on this one.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justice League
    As much as i loved x men JL writing never dipped to me. I wont compare the animation bc x men was about a decade ealier. JL ended on a better note...its almost too close to call though
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top Cat wrote: »
    When batman plans got exposed on how to shut down the justice league, they thought they was all friends and could trust each other. Batman eas lile im a human and I dont trust you freak ass ? .

Or when brainiac dismantled the main 6 and flash took him out dolo

That was the movie. I don't think the show ever touched on Tower of Babel
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    X-Men
    batman animated series ? all over both.. but i gotta go with xmen
  • Copper
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Justice League
    Justice League had an epic ending with legion of doom having and entire show to themselves battling for control Lex's squad vs gorrilla grods squad ending with lex sending grod into deep space and them releasing darksied and then asking justice League for help then teaming up with them in the last episode to fight off the invasion...

lex, batman and superman vs darksied was nice

x-men didnt go out that memorable
  • Copper
    Options
    Justice League
    and the way JL was continued from batmanTAS and superman TAS was goat...the 2 corner stones of DC held it down from 92 to 2005
  • Trollio
    Options
    Batman beyond was cool
    But all those other batman shows post beyond was a insult to the dark night
  • KingJamal
    Options
    X-Men
    True X-Men didn't go off on a high note