Coming soon: our next stage, ? evolutus.

Options

Comments

• Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the same ? that put a battery in Hittler's back. Just rehashed with a new millenium twist.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to evolve alright when the flood comes on the house of Jacob and the Most High activate that Supreme Being Black Man DNA to defend ourselves and there is going to be a bunch of Hancocks flying a around whoppin ? when there will be no form of weapon to hurt us, A Battle Axe that will crush nations, yall going to see some next level human evolution ? of ass whoppins..

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GREAT THREAD BROTHER BAMBU and @MansaMusa67 welcome brother looking forward to your posts and future threads.....we about to get this form popping again even with overseer @janklow i got my eyes on ya ? 's ya here lurking in the cotton field....

what up @janklow I snatch that whip from you and choke the ? out of you,lol......
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    GREAT THREAD BROTHER BAMBU and @MansaMusa67 welcome brother looking forward to your posts and future threads.....we about to get this form popping again even with overseer @janklow i got my eyes on ya ? 's ya here lurking in the cotton field....

what up @janklow I snatch that whip from you and choke the ? out of you,lol......
    what the ? is going on in this thread

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    We are still evolving ppl born now are missing a bone in their foot we don't need anymore and other things are very slowly evolving

IDK what ppl will be like in the future but they will look different and will be smarter
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    We are still evolving ppl born now are missing a bone in their foot we don't need anymore and other things are very slowly evolving

IDK what ppl will be like in the future but they will look different and will be smarter

LOL.....

The old vestigial argument..................

From the appendix......

To the pineal gland.......

To wisdom teeth........

To human tailbones..........

Now missing feet bones?????????

There is no junk or useless vestigial structures in the human body..........

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't forget the male nipples and the prostate.

And female vas deferens
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Don't forget the male nipples and the prostate.

And female vas deferens

Exactly........

There may be hope for you yet.........

• whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality

A vestigial ? may not be useless it has simply lost its primary purpose. Some moles still have eyes covered by skin these organs are useless while an appendix might offer an advantage to our immune system. The evidence that vestigial organs present is of organisms in a state of change.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    whar wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality

A vestigial ? may not be useless it has simply lost its primary purpose. Some moles still have eyes covered by skin these organs are useless while an appendix might offer an advantage to our immune system. The evidence that vestigial organs present is of organisms in a state of change.

Long time..........

My apologies for getting hot-headed a while back.........

Your comments are welcome & although I have already illustrated several flaws with human vestigiality......

I will do it again............

Who determines the "primary function" of the organs in question??????????

• whar
    Options
    Primary function is determine by examining the structure in other related species. In almost all Euarchontoglires (a large grouping of mammals that includes primates) the appendix is used as part of digestions. In humans this feature has atrophied and it is not used in digestion anymore.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    From Wikipedia..........

Immune function

Loren G. Martin, a professor of physiology at Oklahoma State University, argues that the appendix has a function in fetuses and adults.[7] Endocrine cells have been found in the appendix of 11-week-old fetuses that contribute to "biological control (homeostatic) mechanisms." In adults, Martin argues that the appendix acts as a lymphatic ? . The appendix is experimentally verified as being rich in infection-fighting lymphoid cells, suggesting that it might play a role in the immune system. Zahid[8] suggests that it plays a role in both manufacturing hormones in fetal development as well as functioning to "train" the immune system, exposing the body to antigens so that it can produce antibodies. He notes that doctors in the last decade have stopped removing the appendix during other surgical procedures as a routine precaution, because it can be successfully transplanted into the urinary tract to rebuild a sphincter muscle and reconstruct a functional bladder.[9]

330px-Appendix_function_diagram.svg.png

Maintaining gut flora

Possible function of the human vermiform appendix as a "safe house" for beneficial bacteria in the recovery from diarrhea.

Although it was long accepted that the immune tissue, called gut associated lymphoid tissue, surrounding the appendix and elsewhere in the gut carries out a number of important functions, explanations were lacking for the distinctive shape of the appendix and its apparent lack of importance as judged by an absence of side effects following appendectomy.[10]

William Parker, Randy Bollinger, and colleagues at Duke University proposed that the appendix serves as a haven for useful bacteria when illness flushes those bacteria from the rest of the intestines.[9][11] This proposal is based on a new understanding of how the immune system supports the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria,[12][13] in combination with many well-known features of the appendix, including its architecture, its location just below the normal one-way flow of food and germs in the large intestine, and its association with copious amounts of immune tissue. Research performed at Winthrop University-Hospital showed that individuals without an appendix were four times more likely to have a recurrence of Clostridium difficile.[14] However, other research showed that there is a greater rate of C. difficile infection among people with an appendix than those without.[15]

• whar
    Options
    What do you conclude from the information you posted?

Do you dispute that vestigial organs exist? That the appendix is one?

I would conclude that while vestigial the appendix still offers a small benefit. This benefit must be minor since removing it does not produce harmful side effects.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

I conclude that that the appendix has a purpose in the human body.............

The presumption that the ? is useless or vestigial came before medicine was able to confirm this............

I dispute that vestigiality exists........

Just because humans can survive without an appendix does not prove that it serves no or its "original" purpose.....

No evidence of human vestige can be confirmed..........

No appendix....

No wisdom teeth....

No tailbone......

No pineal gland............

No feet bones..........

No nothing.........

Everything in the human body was created to serve a purpose................

• whar
    Options
    Why were the eyes in the Blind Mole created?
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT5IQvl4Si0d3HCPRYdLYbzWqjLqSbyM6NRjg1CvShRi97Upw81g

The blind mole rat’s anti-cancer strategy, oddly enough, is very different from the naked mole rat’s. In that species, a specific gene—p16—increases the rat cells’ sensitivity to overcrowding. Once the cell population reaches a certain level, they stop proliferating, thus protecting themselves from unchecked, cancerous growths.

Now that the scientists have been able to demonstrate these two anti-cancer mechanisms in the lab, they hope to continue research in live animals, studying the mechanisms in the blind and naked mole rats themselves. This knowledge could provide insights into future treatment or prevention of cancer in humans.
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2012/11/08/the-secret-of-the-blind-mole-rats-cancer-resistance-revealed/#.UVDEeVeJ6M0

• whar
    Options
    Nothing in that post has anything to do with the Blind Mole rats eyes.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

For sight / sensory purposes...........

• whar
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »

Exactly! And now that they are covered by skin and the mole is blind the eyes are vestigial. (i.e. They no longer serve their primary purpose.)

• Drew_Ali
    Options

Exactly! And now that they are covered by skin and the mole is blind the eyes are vestigial. (i.e. They no longer serve their primary purpose.)

LOL.....

We all know that we can see or detect light and motion with our eyes closed..........

The protective layer of skin was created to shield the rodents eyes from dirt and earth.........

It uses its covered eyes to detect food and shelter, whilst it burrows through the earths surface.......................

• whar
    Options
    The evidence that vestigial organs provide is their presence are a predicted consequence of evolution. ? as a creator has no such predictions or limitations. A divine creator could create the world in any image he or she chooses. However the world we are presented with is one that appears to have evolved. ? could have created the blind mole rat with skin covered eyes or he could have used a more efficient patch of photo sensitive cells. He could have given the Blind Mole a magic unicorn horn that senses light. However evolution had no other path it could take. Since the ancestors of the Mole had eyes the Blind Mole has eyes, just blind ones.

The fact that evolution can be falsified but has not makes its a better explanation for the diversity of life around us rather than a divine source. This does not make evolution 'true' in an objective sense rather it is best explanation given the evidence that we have collected.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    The best evidence for some.......

However.....

There is a large section of "mainstream" science that does not adhere to evolutionary theories..............

A lot of evolutionary "ifs" with the mole rat......

However.......

The protective layer of skin was created to shield the rodents eyes from dirt and earth.........

It uses its covered eyes to detect food and shelter, whilst it burrows through the earths surface.......................

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It's easy to see that the blind mole's eyes evolved to be the way they currently are if we apply our intelligence. The earthworm (and many other animals -- all of which live underground/underwater/within deep caverns, not surprisingly; the common factor is clear) does not have eyes. Like the worm, the mole spends most of its life underground and rarely surfaces; also like the worm, the mole need not have eyes at all. The mole having eyes is obviously the result of an evolutionary process.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    It's easy to see that the blind mole's eyes evolved to be the way they currently are if we apply our intelligence. The earthworm (and many other animals -- all of which live underground/underwater/within deep caverns, not surprisingly; the common factor is clear) does not have eyes. Like the worm, the mole spends most of its life underground and rarely surfaces; also like the worm, the mole need not have eyes at all. The mole having eyes is obviously the result of an evolutionary process.

Lol......

• whar
    Options

It uses its covered eyes to detect food and shelter, whilst it burrows through the earths surface......................

They do not use it to find food or shelter but to fill in gaps to the surface that might be created while burrowing. I suppose one could call that shelter?
    There is a large section of "mainstream" science that does not adhere to evolutionary theories..............

Do you mean parts of Biology or other sciences? Evolutionary theory are theories within the field of Biology. They would be germane to medicine and organic chemistry perhaps but would have little value in Physics. By the same token General Relativity has nothing really to contribute to Biology.
    A lot of evolutionary "ifs" with the mole rat

Not sure what "ifs" you are referring too but as many or more remain when we bring a creator ? into it.

Why did he use skin covered eyes rather that a photo-sensitive patch? The eyes "cost" more for the mole from a food requirement standpoint but offer no greater function.

Why did he give us 3 grinding molars but a jaw that often can not accommodate them?

Why do all animals with nipples have hair as well (or at least follicles) ?

Why does a hooved animals have the remnants of 5 finger bones?

Why do all 6 legged bugs have a body made of 3 sections while the 8 legged bugs have 2?

I could make a hundred of these questions but ultimately I could answer "That is how ? did it." And honestly I can not claim that to be false. All I can really say is that evolution is a stronger solution since the answer to the above questions that nature gives all make sense in light of evolution.