Ladies - Early Morning Hypothetical...

Options
Kat
Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in The Powder Room
Okay, let's say you have a man/boyfriend/husband and one day you stumble across some of his online 'activity' and find out he's been flirting with chicks online.

How would you handle that? Would you check the female or would you check your man or would you check both?

Or would you even really care?

Males - Ya'll can join in if you like.

I'll throw in my opinion in a bit.

Comments

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this thread about Morning After Pills?.. who's bussin it open raw?..
  • Kat
    Options
    HURTS DON'T IT?

now you see why the ? gave zero ? about your internet life...

lmao..are you going to answer the question or try to guess the situation behind the hypothetical??

I need answers people!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Options
    It is all dependent on the extent that the flirting goes. "Flirting" alone is rather vague, if it is innocent then I wouldn't be bothered by it. If its getting personal and possibly going deeper than the surface and he's actually connecting and building with another then it's getting messy and has surpassed anything "clean".

If it came down to that then he would be the only one I need to be addressing, she has nothing to do with us and my issue would be with him, not any outside party.
  • Kat
    Options
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    a baker cant get mad at baker if he or she uses margirine instead of butter

lmao..is this one of those smart dumb analogies?

Don't be having me trying to strain my brain over ? .

But co-sign @Empress_

The only way I could possibly see checking the female is if I truly saw her trying to meet up or really push herself on him beyond the point of internet ? .

If I felt it was just innocent flirting I'd let it slide, maybe make a sly comment or two just to keep him aware but I wouldn't really care.

• Kat
    Options
    Yeah, pretty sure my ego wouldn't allow me to contact the female at all unless she reached out in some way.

There is always that female out there..you can't stop them all.

Stop the problem at the source.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

But co-sign @Empress_

The only way I could possibly see checking the female is if I truly saw her trying to meet up or really push herself on him beyond the point of internet ? .

If I felt it was just innocent flirting I'd let it slide, maybe make a sly comment or two just to keep him aware but I wouldn't really care.

Even in that case, it wouldn't be my place to check her, it would have been his place to set her straight. Most times a woman will only go as far as one allows. If he is enabling her to say things and act a certain way which inappropriate then no one but himself is to blame.

We can't just assume it is her doing when the whole time he could've been painting a fantasy of a picture leading her on to believe ? knows what. Bringing her into it only causes a bigger mess, do not involve anyone outside of the relationship regardless of what they have to do with the problem in the first place.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had this issue happen and I was the one doing the flirting. It was on a forum that we both frequented. My man, when he saw it didn't take to kindly to it. He was upset and said that I disrespected him. I explained to him that it was not an emotional attachment and that it was all for entertainment purposes. Plus I was like why would I do that so openly knowing that he was on there. That didn't matter. He checked me and I apologized and we were all good.

Check your man and leave the chick out of it.
  • Kat
    Options
    Empress_ wrote: »

But co-sign @Empress_

Even in that case, it wouldn't be my place to check her, it would have been his place to set her straight. Most times a woman will only go as far as one allows. If he is enabling her to say things and act a certain way which inappropriate then no one but himself is to blame.

We can't just assume it is her doing when the whole time he could've been painting a fantasy of a picture leading her on to believe ? knows what. Bringing her into it only causes a bigger mess, do not involve anyone outside of the relationship regardless of what they have to do with the problem in the first place.

That's a good point.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah, pretty sure my ego wouldn't allow me to contact the female at all unless she reached out in some way.

duh.

and....

if this is about you... then know that you opened this door first, you aint gon be able to flip this ? on him cause you drew first blood so to speak...

this gon get ugly... but remember you cant be too upset...
    you are in a tough situation. wooooo this sucks. you literally can't say ? . you have no tactical advantage.

in other words i hope this about your home girl....

If I knew, I'd comment. Explain please.

When a female goes snooping in search of dirt then she definitely has no tactical advantage as u say, but in this case she was just browsing the net. Net activity and search history isn't even something you need to go searching for, it just appears in the drop box.
  • MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ I think he's talking in relation to the Kat and Dro love affair
  • Kat
    Options

duh.

and....

if this is about you... then know that you opened this door first, you aint gon be able to flip this ? on him cause you drew first blood so to speak...

you are in a tough situation. wooooo this sucks. you literally can't say ? . you have no tactical advantage.

smh this has nothing to do with my relationship.

We flirt with ? together..you think me of all people would gaf about some internet ? ?

I'm all about equal opportunity..
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Empress_ wrote: »

duh.

and....

If I knew, I'd comment. Explain please.

When a female goes snooping in search of dirt then she definitely has no tactical advantage as u say, but in this case she was just browsing the net. Net activity and search history isn't even something you need to go searching for, it just appears in the drop box.

rrrrrrrrright... you forget i been married for a damn decade huh?

the first thing yall do when we go outta town on TDY, is hit that internet history... and then try to say that you were just browsing the web as normal...

no you're not... you are actively searching for something to be upset about.

dont tell me that lie... especially given the field i was in... IT.

you dont just stumble upon what your S/O doing online... you have to go looking for the ? .

Lol! I'm talking about recent history, it's right there! No snooping necessary. You're right though, you can dig deeper easily, but don't group me with the rest as I refuse to even feel the need to go digging. For that feeling of uncertainty and distrust to overcome you where you actually take it upon yourself to search? I'd rather be alone and single, that has to be the worst feeling ever. I am not going out like that, if its that serious it'll come to light naturally.
  • Kat
    Options
    lmao..Jamel's mind is going a mile a minute over there...stop assuming!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    lmao..Jamel's mind is going a mile a minute over there...stop assuming!

Jamel has already come to a conclusion and has been predicted the future outcome.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    flirting is one thing....making plans to meet up, ? , and pin the baby on me is another.....j/s lol

really tho if this was my first time seeing some ? like this, and its just flirting, i wouldnt trip too much.....i might not even say anything about it until she tries to trip on me....and if its some ? like they really lookin to hook up, we just gone have a little talk....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    you still...have....to....click....history....to see...recent history....

What about the website engine? All you do is press the tab down and voila, cookies galore. Recent websites that are frequently visited pop up anytime I start typing a URL.

:)