Muhammad Ali 1964-1967 Greatest Boxer and Heavyweight of All Times (Who can beat 64-67 Ali)

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
638-Greatest-photos-of-all-time-Muhammad-stands-over-Sonny-Liston.jpg

As I person who watches boxing, study the Sweet Science and study the great warriors of the past. I have to say I never seen a fighter in my life like Muhammad Ali when he was entering the sweet spot aka the Prime years 1964-1967.....

I think Muhammad Ali from 1964-1967 was the greatest Boxer and Heavyweight of all times and no other boxers could of beat Ali, from 1964-1967 Muhammad Ali was in a place where few have ever gone. Mentally, Physically, Spiritually Ali was in a zone reached a point in his life where those three aspects was as one. All the circumstance from 1964-1967 turned him into a Master of himself that's why he was to dominate and play with his opponents.

la-muhammad-ali14.jpg

Mentally he was tough, strong, smart, student of the game, a master of the ring, deal with racism in America and In the sports of boxing, have faith in his self and skills, believed he was the greatest.

Spiritually he was at peace, found Islam the discipline in Islam made him stronger, the love of his race made him stronger, his faith in Allah and the NOI getting knowledge of self made him that much stronger.

Physically he was a freak of nature and trained like a mad man, trained hard, his training methods was torture and he pushed his body to limits.

1.jpg?w=600&h=398

From 1964-1967 the planets aligned from Muhammad Ali, his boxing skills never have been seen since. His laser sharp focus with pin point accuracy of his jab that is so fast that is still being studied and marveled today.... His vision to see your movement before you move and counter it before you let off, His Foot Skills, speed and dancing in the ring, combo's, his defense to much ? to talk about...

But I say there is 2 Boxers that I think that have a chance to beat 64-67 Ali and the other to give him a challenge, I will list them later...

Do you think 64-67 Muhammad Ali is the greatest boxer and what boxer you think would of defeat Muhammad Ali 1964-1967.

ONE OF THE GREASTEST DISPLAY OF BOXING IN 1967 Muhammad Ali vs Ernie Terrell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKAuef0DHE&NR=1&feature=endscreen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=HXxGRTQYbe0&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=XgfjPdQ3ThU&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZTGctYBVtc&NR=1&feature=endscreen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3xsM2xQtw&NR=1&feature=endscreen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD3LULP36vc&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Muhammad Ali 1964-1967 Greatest Boxer and Heavyweight of All Times (Who can beat 64-67 Ali) 31 votes

1964-1967 Muhammad Ali is the Greatest Boxer and Heavyweight of All Times
77%
goodlookinoutalmighty breezeFocal Point2stepz_aheadachewon87gman82waterproofGlockLesnar franknittiCallMeWelvinS.jR.its....JOHN BYoung_ChitlinIamtheVILLECrimson11kacee139KamPushMePiffyHaze[Deleted User]Lebong James 24 votes
1964-1967 Muhammad Ali is not the Greatest Boxer and Heavyweight of All Times
22%
rap mysterioDupacNothingButTheTruththa furyCashmoneyDuxTHIRDSUPREMESleepwalkingInJapan 7 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greatest boxer of all time is Money.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • waterproof
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Greatest boxer of all time is Money.

Come on you gots to come in here and explain better than that, give a legit informed reason why......

and can he beat 1964-1967 Ali? if not his ass is not even in the convo, and I am a Money Mayweather fan but ALI 1964-1967 is not to be ? with, Ali went past just having skills, Ali went to a place in which I can only say for the last 70 years the only person got to that level was Bruce Lee....

but there is 2 boxers I'm going to list later which 1 have the best chance of beating 64-67 Ali and one which will give Ali a handful of problems
  • waterproof
    Options
    all times?

As of current, Yes All Times
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I glanced at the thread title and thought the date span was a "Birth to Death" number.

? 's eyes got all watery.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Damn, I glanced at the thread title and thought the date span was a "Birth to Death" number.

? 's eyes got all watery.

^^^^^^SIG WORTHY, LMAO!!!
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Money can't beat no heavyweights.

Pound for pound he's the most polish boxer ever.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if he can be touched he can be knocked out... great thread though

...IRON
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the GOAT athlete
  • waterproof
    edited March 2013
    Options

...IRON

yes if he can be touched, we are getting somewhere but Muhammad Ali have the uncanny ability to stay in one spot let you swing have you miss and tag you with a combo's in mere seconds, and he was doing that ? still when he came out prison, look at that fraizer fight, Plus his foot speed and the ability to read the other person body and see what they do before they do it and let off......ESPN the other week was showing that ? on Ali vs Lance greatest athlete ? is still baffling people.

Oh yes Iron Mike, I am bout to touch on that later, 19-21 year old Mike is one of my 2's boxers..

And let's not forget that Strong Chin of Ali's either and blocking of shots with his gloves
  • waterproof
    Options
    Money can't beat no heavyweights.

Pound for pound he's the most polish boxer ever.

man ? size Ali prime was 211 and he would but a ass whooping on the Klitz who out weight by 40-50 pounds....

P4P that's another thread
  • waterproof
    Options

...IRON

come now if you think Iron Mike can whoop Prime Ali let's us know why, what make you think that, the skills set, the speed, the power........let's us know
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Smmfh at a ? just having 3 years of prime.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • waterproof
    edited March 2013
    Options

oh no my friend, Ali barely start to approaching his prime in 64, 66-67 he entered his prime early from 1967-1970 that was supposed to be his PRIMETIME PRIME years we was robbed.

one person said It was simply sublime, and the fact is that because of his exile between 1967 and 1970, we may have actually never seen the best of the most supreme fighting machine to ever walk the Earth.

64-67 Ali was in a place where few fighters ever got to, he had the 3 holy trinity when Mentally, Physically and Spiritually he was in a place that SMH, like I said Bruce Lee was the other person I seen that got to that place
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Money is still the beat boxer of alltime.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • playmaker88
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

...IRON

come now if you think Iron Mike can whoop Prime Ali let's us know why, what make you think that, the skills set, the speed, the power........let's us know

well in their respective primes mike was actually more fundamentally sound than Ali .. Ali got away with doing everything that counters conventional wisdom in the ring .. and he was hittable because of this imagine frazier with comparable Ali speed and the power of the left hook and then some in every punch under the sun... not to forget tysons ability to cover ground quickly and spring into action like a cobra Tyson gets marginalized as a brute but he had the total package and his defense to offense transition was second to none ... im just saying that this fantasy matchup would be a lil more unpredictable than people realize
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You kno it would've been way more if not for the incarceration. Wasn't nobody touch in him.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Muhammad Ali vs Cleveland Williams

This is the fight that The Boxing World said Muhammad Ali enter his Peak and close to perfectionist we ever seen a boxer.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySzOaZfHeik

Muhammad Ali at his finest, prettiest, fastest, strongest, best.. Many experts and the champ himself claimed this to be his best fight and the peak of his career. He introduced the world the famous 'Ali-Suffle'. Knocking out the 'Big Cat' in 3 rounds without getting hit once... Float Like A Butterfly And Sting Like A Bee, in this fight you have to admit that Ali is one of the best or probably the best ever.. the greatest of All Times Muhammad Ali...

Young Ali style is remarkable for a heavyweight. His greatest strength is his legs, his ability to glide & slide, dancin' gracefully around the ring. His quickness enables him to hold his hands very low, so he defends not by blockin' punches, but by dodgin' them. Bubbin', weavin', duckin', twistin', packin' away. Ali has got a dozen technics to avoid the devastating blow by a near inch. Ever the performer Ali keeps inventing new ways to dazzle an amaze. His opponents can't never get comfortable in the ring, because they have never seen anyone like him.
    Ali's offensive arsenal is built around his left jab. The stingin' bee that Bundini Brown immortalized in rhyme. His jab is lightin' fast, laser accurate, and fired from so many angles and standses that his opponents can't fight their way inside it. An ultimately warning to his other great punches. His right uppercut, and his left hook...
  • waterproof
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

...IRON

well in their respective primes mike was actually more fundamentally sound than Ali .. Ali got away with doing everything that counters conventional wisdom in the ring .. and he was hittable because of this imagine frazier with comparable Ali speed and the power of the left hook and then some in every punch under the sun... not to forget tysons ability to cover ground quickly and spring into action like a cobra Tyson gets marginalized as a brute but he had the total package and his defense to offense transition was second to none ... im just saying that this fantasy matchup would be a lil more unpredictable than people realize

real talk from you yes sir, I got him number 2 boxer that would of gave Ali a challenge because of those things you listed.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    whos number 1?
  • waterproof
    Options
    There's 2 Boxer I felt that would give Ali Trouble and defeat Ali but one have a greater chance to defeat Ali.

IRON MIKE TYSON (from the Age 18-21)
    tysonm.jpg

Mike Tyson vs Trevor Berbick 1986-11-22
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qbwStryLMo

ANIMAL THUG one of the most dominating, furious, cat-like quick reflexes, student of the game, devasting puncher with his Speed, Power, Seek & Destroy Cutting the ring off, head movements and peak a boo style of bobbing and weaving BOXER the boxing world ever seen

because of those attributes that I listed would give 64-67 Ali problem in the ring, Iron Mike used to have fights won before he even threw a punch, he came to the ring with boxing shoes on with no sucks, wearing all black with a towel cut over him with no music, lol.......fighters lost already he had them beat when he got in the ring and he said that he knew it when he look in their eyes....

that ? wont work with Ali because Ali fought the very same person who Tyson said he was the next incarnate of Sonny Liston.......Ali would of pop ? at the touch gloves....

Tyson 18-21 got Ali on Power and Speed but 64-67 Ali but that's about it.......

ALI had the total package with the Chin 64-67 Ali faced the brute Patterson and Liston one of the most crushing power punchers in boxing history....and Ali chin was the factor and Stamina, endurance, speed, power, Psychology, and can take punishment....

Ali size would of gave IRON MIKE problems, Ali was tall 6'3 with that long ass reach with laser like pin point accuracy would take Tyson out of his game... And Tyson had short reach, going against Ali who always was on the move with that range and foot speed and dancing would of cause problems Mike will start to lose discipline and lung and swing then POP, POP, POP, POP, POP, POP, from Ali and Ali apply pressure also...

IF IRON MIKE DIDNT GET TO ALI IN THE FIRST 4 ROUNDS then it's a wrap, ALI will have his way and put a beating on the TYSON.... WHY??? BECAUSE TYSON HAVE LUNG PROBLEMS THERE WAS A REASON after 5 rounds HE HAVE A HARD TIME K.O. people, TYSON cam OUT AND LET IT BE KNOWN THAT HE KEPT IT A SECRET......

ALI would of drag him in the waters and it's a wrap, plus TYSON have hard time against FIGHTERS that didn't fear him also ALI always find weakness in who he fighting and when he finds it, it's over he's going in.

Ali Length, Feet work, pin point accuracy in Jab, Quick Combo's would of been to much for Tyson but Tyson head movements, POWER, SPEED would of cause major problems for Ali, Again Tyson have 4 rounds to sleep Ali and Ali never been knocked out cold blooded because of that Chin.

MIKE TYSON IS GREAT and 18-21 PRIME TIME TYSON is my top 5 greatest Heavyweight of All times