Which Summer Blockbuster Are You ? With?

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEIVPiTuYkQ

Even though the Mandarin looks like he's on some Bane ? , this does look promising.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5gdbUC9mWU

Rex thinks this ? is going to be dope.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaPBBOHfsA

This ? needs to be HELLA BETTER than this wack as trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ

World War Z I need to hear ? about this first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Gy-uYx9Gc

In theory this should be the ? , but knowing Bryan Singer's ? sucking ass, he probably went out of his way to ? up yet an classic X-Men story arch, and yes, Hugh Jackman is still too tall to play Wolverine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdPMG6wYJ0g

Kick Ass 2, this is gonna be the ? . Chloe Moretz is growing up to be a sexy lil broad.

300: Rise of An Empire is coming out too and I fully expect this one to go as hard as the first one.

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJIXOx2-GZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4c3flhSaU

The Iceman is about the mob's greatest hitman and the ? should be a cool movie, the second clip is Part I of a documentary about dude.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaBVLhcHcc0

I'm into period pieces, so this caught my attention, but I read a summary on wikipedia on The Great Gatsby, come to find out that these ? are in a movie for two hours fightin' over hoes, I was like "I'm cool."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLAkxSjs8ZY

The Hangover 3, isn't this ? getting played out?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlrQD8Kvk6M

You mean to tell me that they couldn't find an "? " to play Tonto?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x7pFRXrj1c

Not a summer blockbuster, but I'm ? with this because it's a JOE movie, JOE has a very special place in my heart, and my New Year's Resolution was to see every movie that caught my attention.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Man of steel. Anything else shall be streamed ,downloaded or purchased at a further date in the form of a blu ray disc.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron Man 3 is gonna drink everyone's milkshake with the no ? given straw
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they created that general colton character because sgt slaughter would have been cheesy. they should add flint alpine gung ? bazooka or stalker to the line up. I hope they don't ? off scarlet I know she's getting replaced by lady jay. also I think terry crews would have made a better roadblock.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    they created that general colton character because sgt slaughter would have been cheesy. they should add flint alpine gung ? bazooka or stalker to the line up. I hope they don't ? off scarlet I know she's getting replaced by lady jay.

No they didn't. General Colton is was one of Larry Hama's creations and was suppose to be:

originaljoes.jpg

General Colton has been around since the 80's. Sgt. Slaugher can't be in the movie do to trademark issues.

g.i10.223a.jpg

^^^^ General Colton's debt in G. I. JOE A Real American Hero.

Originally Posted by This I Command!

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-live-action-movie/180778-sgt-slaughter-slaughter-house-retaliation-6.html#post3113554

Different situation. Sgt. Slaughter is currently signed to WWE under what they call a Legends Contract. It basically entails that in exchange for a set amount of money (varies on the wrestler, I've heard in the $20k-100k range) that the wrestler (in this case Sgt. Slaughter) in exchange for the agreed upon amount grants the WWE the EXCLUSIVE license to manufacture merchandise, in the form of shirts, video games, action figures, etc. with the wrestler receiving a royalty percentage of the sales of the merchandise. A large majority of ex-WWE wrestlers, not currently signed with another company have this agreement. Because it basically means WWE will keep your legacy alive, and in exchange you get royalty checks for doing basically nothing.

The Rock however, is a different case. Because he is arguably one of the biggest names ever in the business and because he is currently working in movies, while I'm sure he does have some kind of deal in place with the WWE, he most definitely does not have exclusivity to them. That is the big difference between him and Slaughter. The Sgt. Slaughter character is currently under a WWE contract though, and Mattel and WWE have an exclusive license with each other, thus the problem. WWE could grant Hasbro the rights to have him appear in the movie as Sgt. Slaughter, but Hasbro can't legally produce a toy of him at the moment.
    [/b]
    also I think terry crews would have made a better roadblock.

Looks wise, yes; however, Crews does have the "star power," that The Rock has. For Crews to be in the movie would have changed the dymanic of the flick. From that I understand, The Rock was given a list of JOE code names and Roadblock was the one he picked. I'm not made at the choice. I'd rather have The Rock playing Roadblock as opposed to Channing Tatum playing Duke which was the cluster ? off miscasting.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    World War Z, Iron Man 3,
  • VisionBOasis
    VisionBOasis Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Options
    Kick Ass 2 is gonna be the ish! Star Trek, Man of Steel, and Iron Man should be official as well.
  • VisionBOasis
    Options
    I'm not entirely sold on World War Z...The Wolverine should be good. It can't be as bad as the first one.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Kick Ass 2 is gonna be the ish! Star Trek, Man of Steel, and Iron Man should be official as well.

@ underlined, please explain why? It can't be from the trailers. Why is the ? floating unconcious with a beard? What's up with the fishing village? I have no reason to be juiced about this movie.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gi Joe and The Iceman. I just hope this Gi Joe is better than the first. ? Marlon Waynes and Channing Tatum. Stupid love story in the first one ? everything up for me.
  • VisionBOasis
    Options

@ underlined, please explain why? It can't be from the trailers. Why is the ? floating unconcious with a beard? What's up with the fishing village? I have no reason to be juiced about this movie.

To be honest its just a feeling I have. I wasn't hyped for Superman Returns. I guess its the fact that Nolan is involved with the project.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    I just hope this Gi Joe is better than the first.

? , that's like going to:

668d4ef92b430d6e68cb1691f485d19b.jpg

Talm 'bout "I hope it's better than,":

13893.jpg

In order to make a JOE movie as bad as RoC means you went out of your way to make a bad ? movie. Retaliation is going to be better than RoC just off of the strength of the special effects.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    some of these movies come out in the winter...
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Man Of Steel is going to crush the buildings
  • Maximus Rex
    Options

And your rationale for that is what? Hopefully not that wack ass trailer.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

Christopher Nolan
  • Maximus Rex
    Options

Christopher Nolan

Nolan didn't write the script or direct the project.

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fast and Furious 6, Kick Ass 2, The Wolverine and Star Trek
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

13893.jpg

In order to make a JOE movie as bad as RoC means you went out of your way to make a bad ? movie. Retaliation is going to be better than RoC just off of the strength of the special effects.

I hate to break it to you but it's probably gonna be worse. The reason the movie was pushed back in the first place was because Channing tatum died at the beginning of it but magic mike and 21 jump street came out then they decided he had to be in the movie so they reshot some parts and digitally altered some to put him back in the movie that's a recipe for disaster
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

13893.jpg

I hate to break it to you but it's probably gonna be worse. The reason the movie was pushed back in the first place was because Channing tatum died at the beginning of it but magic mike and 21 jump street came out then they decided he had to be in the movie so they reshot some parts and digitally altered some to put him back in the movie that's a recipe for disaster

Couldn't they just recast it with Duke not being played by a fool that can't act?? The ? is mr step up supposed to be a real american hero when he was on the pole(n/h) in a damn movie supposedly??? The first had me saying the gotdamn CGI ones that came with the toys were a better movie...? I wanna watch that ? now
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron Man 3 is gonna drink everyone's milkshake with the no ? given straw

Ironman 3 destroys anything and superman is not impressive
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

13893.jpg

Couldn't they just recast it with Duke not being played by a fool that can't act?? The ? is mr step up supposed to be a real american hero when he was on the pole(n/h) in a damn movie supposedly??? The first had me saying the gotdamn CGI ones that came with the toys were a better movie...? I wanna watch that ? now

Apparently not. These a school of thought that says people get ? when characters are re-cast. But Rex, what about Don Cheadle for Terrence Howard in Iron Man? I didn't say the theory made any sense or that it isn't sometimes done, I'm just explaining the rationale for it. What they should have done was pay homage to the old Sunbow cartoon, have Duke (Tatum,) get captured and stay that captured for the duration of the film. Channing Tatum as Duke has to be one of the worst casting decisions in the history of film.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ironman, i might check supes, will see kick ass 2 and stream the ice man
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oblivion, Star Trek, Pacific Rim and Elysium. On the fence with World War Z. Prefer my zombies to shuffle and last season of We're Alive has me down on the genre.