Which Summer Blockbuster Are You ? With?

Options

Comments

• MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm looking forward to evil dead. ? looks wicked.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Man Of Steel is going to crush the buildings

And your rationale for that is what? Hopefully not that wack ass trailer.

Christopher Nolan

Nolan didn't write the script or direct the project.

No ? Sherlock. But he produced it and helped put that movie in the direction out should go.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

They really remade a classic...smh
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check the red band trailer out jomer.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh, I get it. It's kinda like Speilberg and this movie

ij4-wp-8-1600.jpg

or Lucas' input on these three movies:

Star-Wars.jpg

C0300-02-jp2014.jpg?type=w3

l_121766_8ba04d82.jpg

How do you ? up three movies about the extermination of the Jedi and the Empire, this ? was suppose to be on another level of epic. I was literally expecting three movies on par with if not >>>>>than Episode V

• Maximus Rex
    Options
    Man Of Steel is going to crush the buildings

And your rationale for that is what? Hopefully not that wack ass trailer.

Christopher Nolan

Nolan didn't write the script or direct the project.

No ? Sherlock. But he produced it and helped put that movie in the direction out should go.

• A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm confused by your point. Spielberg directed Indy 4 and it was garbage juice. the best Star Wars movie (Empire) was NOT directed by Lucas so why would you think that any of the new ones that were directed by him would be as good?

Zack Snyder directed Watchmen and 300 already 2 of the GOAT comic book movies. Personally I'm more psyched for his involvement than Nolan's I expect the action scenes in MOS to be the best of the year.

and Iron Man 3 better be ? great in order to make up for that wack ass 2nd movie. as of now though it just looks like a TDKR rehash.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something tells me that Man of Steel is gonna crush the buildings.
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    I'm confused by your point. Spielberg directed Indy 4 and it was garbage juice. the best Star Wars movie (Empire) was NOT directed by Lucas so why would you think that any of the new ones that were directed by him would be as good?

Zack Snyder directed Watchmen and 300 already 2 of the GOAT comic book movies. Personally I'm more psyched for his involvement than Nolan's I expect the action scenes in MOS to be the best of the year.

and Iron Man 3 better be ? great in order to make up for that wack ass 2nd movie. as of now though it just looks like a TDKR rehash.

That was my point. Just because Nolan was involved doesn't=success. My apprehension about MoS is solely based on the trailer, which I find to be dull, bland, and hell boring. Hopefully, they held some ? back, because it's often said that the trailer tells the movie.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    about the trailer WB has kept everything close to the chest so far that's why we've only had long teasers with not many plot points given. the best one so far is the exclusive comic con trailer and that wasn't even properly released only a bad quality bootleg is online. the final long trailer will debut in front of IM3 in April, expect it to be more action oriented and special afx heavy.

I actually appreciate the strategy being used for marketing MOS (so far), hopefully the long trailer won't give too much away. lately all the big movies have had the best scenes spoiled in the trailers like Avengers did with Hulk saving Iron Man and all the fights between characters. looks like IM3 and the new Star Trek are going that way too the whole trailer is just action scenes or walking your ass through the entire plot of the movie.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    Options
    about the trailer WB has kept everything close to the chest so far that's why we've only had long teasers with not many plot points given. the best one so far is the exclusive comic con trailer and that wasn't even properly released only a bad quality bootleg is online. the final long trailer will debut in front of IM3 in April, expect it to be more action oriented and special afx heavy.

I actually appreciate the strategy being used for marketing MOS (so far), hopefully the long trailer won't give too much away. lately all the big movies have had the best scenes spoiled in the trailers like Avengers did with Hulk saving Iron Man and all the fights between characters. looks like IM3 and the new Star Trek are going that way too the whole trailer is just action scenes or walking your ass through the entire plot of the movie.

100% agreed. According to a recent interview by Goyer, the trailers haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg. In an earlier interview by Cavill he states there's more action in MOS than all of the TDK films. And seriously come on now, it's Snyder directing. When has he EVER lacked in the action and visual stimulation department? I as well dig the approach they are taking with the trailers thus far. It's not giving everything away and it shows that the film will not only be action packed but a character study as well. Both the Con trailer and the current theatrical are dope as ? IMO. Count me in the group convinced this ? is gonna crush the buildings. But then again, I've been following this closely since it's inception.

If we talking just late spring/summer blockbusters, definitely looking foward to Trek, Elysium, IM3, Pacific Rim, Kick Ass, Oblivion, After Earth and 300.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man of steel if done well..will ? it
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im looking forward to star trek im3 but really can't wait for man of steel I have faith this movie will be a lot better than how people are thinking and you better believe they haven't shown any of the action scences yet zod supes go at it as well as superman against the army and he battles zod wife as well in the movie I'm interested to see how they really show is character development from him being younger and not just show him in school then fast forward to metropolis I'm keeping an eye on pacific rim too
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dead@ THA ? !.in kick ass lol
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Im looking forward to star trek im3 but really can't wait for man of steel I have faith this movie will be a lot better than how people are thinking and you better believe they haven't shown any of the action scences yet zod supes go at it as well as superman against the army and he battles zod wife as well in the movie I'm interested to see how they really show is character development from him being younger and not just show him in school then fast forward to metropolis I'm keeping an eye on pacific rim too

Will Zod say this epic line though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFyHTU8tg_0

somewhere this song has to be in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g

This ? is on that that Rex level of epicness. Theme to Superman: The Movie may be more epic than the theme to Esipode IV: A Hope New or The Imperial March

If they threw this in, I'd do nut on myself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0B1ufyXOds

In an earlier interview by Cavill he states there's more action in MOS than all of the TDK films.

Yeah, duh. By the nature of the characters, a Supes movie is suppose to have more action than a Batman movie just as a matter of g.p. A true Batman movie is suppose to be plot driven and we're suppose to see his skills as "The World's Greatest Detective," something we have yet to see even in Nolan's version. That's why The Riddler would translate so well to flim if properly done, the screenwriter would focus on The Batman (and/or Robin) solving a riddle or series of riddles. Also, I feel that Nolan missed handled The Scarecrow. The Scarecrow (if properly done,) is a strong enough of an antagonist to carry a film by himself. A Bats/Scarecrow movie is suppose to be along the lines of psychological thiller a la The Silence of the Lambs or Basic Instinct with that scaring ? to death component, having ? ? themselves or other people because their utterly terrrified. If you really want to go grimy and hard, a Batman movie is suppose to be Rated R. Personally, I would eventually like to a reboot of the Batman franchise be a period piece done in a fim noir style with the dateline of May 1939, and where the antagonist isn't even on of his rogues. He's just going after some random criminal that's either a serial killer or ? , or he's trying to stop some big time heist. It would be part "police crime drama/mystery with some CSI mixed in.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    dead@ THA ? !.in kick ass lol

Naw, what's funny is the name of The ? 's team of supervillains. It's something like "The Super ? Squad," or something to that effect.

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited March 2013
    Options
    hopefully if tha superman movie does well it will lead to a doomsday showdown!
  • Maximus Rex
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    hopefully if tha superman movie does well it will lead to a doomsday showdown!

559505-brainiac04_super.jpgpost-1680-0-18170900-1332136955.jpg& 1426711-mxyzptlk_super.jpg

>>>>> Doomsday_Charges.jpg

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    yea im not big on supermans enemies who are they?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Ironman 3, Man of Steel, Pacific Rim
  • Still Cool Beans
    edited March 2013
    Options
    [quote="Maximus Rex;5624829"][quote]In an earlier interview by Cavill he states there's more action in MOS than all of the TDK films.[/quote]

[b]Yeah, duh. By the nature of the characters, a Supes movie is suppose to have more action than a Batman movie just as a matter of g.p. A true Batman movie is suppose to be plot driven and we're suppose to see his skills as "[i]The World's Greatest Detective,[/i] something we have yet to see even in Nolan's version. That's why The Riddler would translate so we'll to flim if properly done, the screenwriter would focus on The Batman (and/or Robin) solving a riddle or series of riddles. Also I feel that Nolan missed handled The Scarecrow. The Scarecrow (if properly done,) is a strong enough of an antagonist to carry a film by himself. A Bats/Scarecrow movie is suppose to be along the lines of psychological thiller a la [i]The Silence of the Lambs[/i] or [i]Basic Instinct[/i]. If you really want to go grimy and hard, a Batman movie is suppose to be Rated R. Personally, I would eventually like to a reboot of the Batman franchise be a period piece done in a [i]fim noir[/i] style where the antagonist isn't even on of his rogues. He's just going after some random criminal that's either a serial killer or ? , or he's trying to stop some big time heist. It would be part "police crime drama/mystery with some CSI mixed in.[/b][/quote]

That'd be dope as ? . And I agree, as much as I love the TDK trilogy it did sorely lack that World's Greatest Detective element. My only point in bringing up that specific comment from Cavill is to bring to light that this isn't going to be Superman Returns. ? is going to have the gang of action. We already know that there is at least two huge battles (one in Smallville and one in Metropolis). There's Zod, there's Faora, a Kryptonian robot army, kryptonian weaponry, a battle between Zod and Jor-El and the destruction of Krypton. This is just what we know.

Also no "kneel before Zod" or Williams theme in MOS. Zimmer did the score. They deliberately distanced themselves from all previous films.
  • Still Cool Beans
    Options
    Not sure why that ? posted like that and it won't let me fix it so I'll separate my response and repost...

That'd be dope as ? . And I agree, as much as I love the TDK trilogy it did sorely lack that World's Greatest Detective element. My only point in bringing up that specific comment from Cavill is to bring to light that this isn't going to be Superman Returns. ? is going to have the gang of action. We already know that there is at least two huge battles (one in Smallville and one in Metropolis). There's Zod, there's Faora, a Kryptonian robot army, kryptonian weaponry, a battle between Zod and Jor-El and the destruction of Krypton. This is just what we know.

Also no "kneel before Zod" or Williams theme in MOS. Zimmer did the score. They deliberately distanced themselves from all previous films.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited March 2013
    Options

That's the wackness. Certain films have things that are associated with the franchanise. Star Wars has light saber duels and "May The Force Be With You", and John Williams epic theme. The Bond films have Bond in a tux, getting an explanation of his equipment from "Q," getting a martini, (shaken, not stirred of course,) and of course his theme.

I realized that Singer the Sodomite ? up the legacy of the Donner films, but some homeage should be paid to theme to those movies and way to do it is to have the dopest elements from those films included in MoS, the theme and "Kneel Before Zod," line.

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron Man 3
    Wolverine

Possibly the Man of Steel and World War Z
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the crew that made the original are the same ones doing the remake, which I think is ill and how it should be

evil dead
    fast and furious 8 or whatever the ?
    man of steel
    iron man 3
    pacific rim
    the wolverine