Walt Frazier Catchin Feelings Over Heat Record

Options

Comments

• SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the streak is impressive but it should be noted the east is weak as ?

and they lost d rose, d howard and rondo...made it easier for miami imo
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the streak is impressive but it should be noted the east is weak as ?

and they lost d rose, d howard and rondo...made it easier for miami imo

the celtics actually have faired better vs the heat since rondo has been out. They beat them the game rondo got hurt and with jeff green allowed to get more shots he is more of an outside threat vs the heat than rondo. When rondo is in the game the heat can play more of a zone and fair better vs boston (see playoffs last season)

D-Rose is overrated as ? but i do agree the east is weaker. Nevertheless they are 23-6 vs the west this year and bring more energy vs western teams.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    John Stockton, Andre Miller, and Steve Nash are proof that old school greats could still ball in today's league. Just because the fashion and the "bravado" has changed, doesn't mean the skill level has.

The only era I don't trust is the Pre-integration eras in every sport.

I refuse to give props to a cracka that was doing H.O.F. numbers in a all white NBA. lol

But if you think "skip to my lou" or some ? is just gon' ? on some all star cat from the 70s just because he never threw up Blood-gang after making a 3 --- you need to smarten up.

• achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ Walt...

Didn't they come back down 30 from the Cavs in the 4th, or how about 10-11 down to the Celtics with like 5 mins left.

To me what has made the streak that much more impressive is at times they are down big and make the comeback to keep the streak alive.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    The only thing that could truly discount the heat's streak is if they failed to win the championship...

...Like the Spurs 20 game streak last year that reached deep into the playoffs.

"Message" post.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hating ass, old ? .
    They winning against the best in the world.
    So why he acting like Miami's streak ain't ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miller and Nash has handles and ball security. Plus they can get their own shot.

Can't say that bout many old PG.

Total talent level is higher.

1-15 is more talented.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Y'all leave Walt Clyde F. Baby alone. He ran out of Just for Men hair-dye so he goin thru something right now.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Miller and Nash has handles and ball security. Plus they can get their own shot.

1-15 is more talented.

I assume you watch modern NBA several times a week right?

How many full games from the 70s have you watched?

If you "think" players are better now, that's one thing, but actin like you "know" they're better even tho you've probably never saw a full 70s game in your life is pretty silly.

And even if you did see a game, u probably didn't understand the context of it, like where a certain was in their career at that time.

For example, what would you say to a 11 year old that watches a Shaq/Cavaliers game and says "Shaq was garbage, Ibaka would throw his ? all day."

• Shizlansky
    Options

1-15 is more talented.

I assume you watch modern NBA several times a week right?

How many full games from the 70s have you watched?

If you "think" players are better now, that's one thing, but actin like you "know" they're better even tho you've probably never saw a full 70s game in your life is pretty silly.

And even if you did see a game, u probably didn't understand the context of it, like where a certain was in their career at that time.

For example, what would you say to a 11 year old that watches a Shaq/Cavaliers game and says "Shaq was garbage, Ibaka would throw his ? all day."

As a person who loves basketball and played I watched games from many different decades and and I'm saying players are better now. It's my opinion bruh.

I'm 26 so I'm not a kid clouded by their fav player and downplays other players from the past.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like i've said before i only think 3 players before da 80's woulda been flexin nd puttin up great stats in today's NBA. Oscar Robertson, Wilt, Elgin Baylor nd Jerry West a lot of them ova dudes had ? shootin percentages wit dat run nd gun style. Defenses are way more complex now Lebron woulda had a field day even more then he does now if he woulda been playin in da 60's lls
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    ? , WTF is you talking bout.

Trying to be overly smart with your metaphors.

Unless your 60. You saying the skill level is the same its your opinion.

Just like mine opinion saying their better now.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    like i've said before i only think 3 players before da 80's woulda been flexin nd puttin up great stats in today's NBA. Oscar Robertson, Wilt, Elgin Baylor nd Jerry West a lot of them ova dudes had ? shootin percentages wit dat run nd gun style. Defenses are way more complex now Lebron woulda had a field day even more then he does now if he woulda been playin in da 60's lls

Bruh
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Bruh

i worked a 10 hour shift leave me alone lmao
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't they have the aba in the 70s? Its not like the best players were in the nba.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that Just for Men must be seeping in his brain
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Didn't they have the aba in the 70s? Its not like the best players were in the nba.

Ding Ding Ding...this is the real reason Walt is a hatin ass ? . This ? played in a pre-merger world...and he want to talk about watered down talent?? ? outta grumpy ass ? ...
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They were better shooters back then, and Earl the Pearl Monroe aka Black Jesus could handle the rock
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Heat would wash any team Fraizer has been on...

He just mad
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Yea, you know exactly what I'm saying unless you're overly dumb.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

I know what you saying.

I'm talking bout basketball

And

You're talking about ? and pokemon

Two things that should never come across your mind at the same time.

To each his own bruh. No judging over here.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

I know what you saying.

I'm talking bout basketball

And

You're talking about ? and pokemon

Two things that should never come across your mind at the same time.

To each his own bruh. No judging over here.

It was a joke, bruh.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

yeah they merged in 76 during that streak by the lakers it hadn't merged yet.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    They were better shooters back then, and Earl the Pearl Monroe aka Black Jesus could handle the rock

they were better midrange shooters ill give you that. But the reason that is was cause there was no 3 point play. Current pro basketball is based on using the drive to the hoop and or outside shot to either get to the line (drive) or move traffic people out the paint (taking 3's/forcing them to gaurd you high).

That is the biggest thing that would scare the ? out of the old nba players. If any big man of nba past was forced by a chris bosh even a rasheed walace or any shooting forward/center they would't know what the hell to do.