What is your greatest PERSONAL sports moment?

Options

Comments

• RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got my first ko in the ring when I was 19, felt like I was Ali
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intramural bball- We down 3 and i hit a buzzer beater to force OT.

Everybody goes apeshyt but me- i pulled the jordanesque 'calm down guys i expcted to hit that-we got OT to play' lol

My homie on the sideline was lookin at me like 'this ngga think he Jordan'.

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ran several personal best in a single meet in HS, ran a 5:10 mile, 2:05 800, did the 200 in 24sec flat, mad it wasn't faster, lol I was tired though
    Freshman year at my Juco, hit the game winner to put us in the finals for the tournament
    Dropped 36 in a tight game, lossed though smh
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freshamn year i crossed up the best, number 23

I was kicked off the team 2 years later for failure to appear at practice

And now I work at Home Depot.

*Fixed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0u_M2FddpxdkRgAqLpMuY0FA9152KQScENGulJTGDl3i5A5RJwQ

? work at home deport stacking boxes ahahahahahahaha
  • Trollio
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    Got my first ko in the ring when I was 19, felt like I was Ali.
    got beat up all the time as a child, didnt learn to fight til he was 19

fixed
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    being the only ? on the ice for about 95% of the games i went in and not getting shot lol just playin

probally my first hockey game on varsity i scored a goal but the goalie hid it from the ref and acted like it didn't cross the line and this reporter etherd the goalie for that cover up in the paper the next day.

or being on the number 1 team in the state my senior year
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    being the only ? on the ice for about 95% of the games i went in and not getting shot lol just playin

probally my first hockey game on varsity i scored a goal but the goalie hid it from the ref and acted like it didn't cross the line and this reporter etherd the goalie for that cover up in the paper the next day.

or being on the number 1 team in the state my senior year

black man playin hockey. Mad respect for ya.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finishing in the top 3 of a 5K. since it was last year. and since other sports came semi natural to me, i never had to really work at them to get better. so i never got that satisfaction of "hard work paying off".. but i hated running and wasn't good at distances. so i actually had to spend a few months training and posting some bad finishes and it was hard to stay motivated but after a few weeks i was able to ? the top 3 in a race. nah ? that, it was that 3 run walk off home run i hit in 11th grade at the championship game of the high school conference tournament against east gaston. it was great because i was leadoff and didn't have much power, so when i hit it, everyone was yelling to the guys on base to tag up, but the ball kept sailing and went over the fence. only hit 3 home runs in high school but that was the best.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    finishing in the top 3 of a 5K. since it was last year. and since other sports came semi natural to me, i never had to really work at them to get better. so i never got that satisfaction of "hard work paying off".. but i hated running and wasn't good at distances. so i actually had to spend a few months training and posting some bad finishes and it was hard to stay motivated but after a few weeks i was able to ? the top 3 in a race. nah ? that, it was that 3 run walk off home run i hit in 11th grade at the championship game of the high school conference tournament against east gaston. it was great because i was leadoff and didn't have much power, so when i hit it, everyone was yelling to the guys on base to tag up, but the ball kept sailing and went over the fence. only hit 3 home runs in high school but that was the best.

@Matt-

same ? happened to me since high school i been running 5K's and 6 miles races and even half marathons hopefully run a full marathon soon. I hated running for years and years. But i started listening to music on my nano and started doing 5K's to stay in shape. Now i run 3 times a week and would run more if i didn't wanna have healthy joints and recover. And runners high is dope as ? lol.

• Matt-
    Options

@Matt-

same ? happened to me since high school i been running 5K's and 6 miles races and even half marathons hopefully run a full marathon soon. I hated running for years and years. But i started listening to music on my nano and started doing 5K's to stay in shape. Now i run 3 times a week and would run more if i didn't wanna have healthy joints and recover. And runners high is dope as ? lol.

yeah thats about how i got started. i did 1 10K last year with no problem. i'd like to work up to a half marathon by this fall. and a full marathon within the next year or 2
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

@Matt-

yeah thats about how i got started. i did 1 10K last year with no problem. i'd like to work up to a half marathon by this fall. and a full marathon within the next year or 2

but that ? is crazy you got top 3 that ? be hard as ? lol. Its crazy how dudes don't even look fast but as soon as the race start they be blazing and ? . The only time i finished top 3 was when i finished 1st at church 5K where my only competition was a guy in his 40's who didn't run like he used to back in his college days that ? don't even count lol.

as far as half marathons i found it easier to finish cause of the the fact you don't run as fast so your not putting as much stress on every step and your legs strech out if you go at a slower pace. the biggest thing is to not get a cramp early on or at all.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Lol well. Top 3 in my age group.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top Cat wrote: »

fixed
    Nope I was and still am tall and athletic played every sport including rugby and Polo and my family is well known in my neighborhood. Nobody was ? with me. stop trolling on the Internet to get them "lol" and "ethers", you be 1 them ? on Instagram and twitter with less than a 100 followers retweeting and liking every pic using a gazillion hash tags on every pic talking bout follow for a follow
  • Trollio
    Options
    Top Cat wrote: »

fixed
    Nope I was and still am tall and athletic played every sport including rugby and Polo and my family is well known in my neighborhood. Nobody was ? with me. stop trolling on the Internet to get them "lol" and "ethers", you be 1 them ? on Instagram and twitter with less than a 100 followers retweeting and liking every pic using a gazillion hash tags on every pic talking bout follow for a follow

I dont even have dial up
    Try again internet ?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was in the 10th grade at gym class playin against the star ball player in our school. Caught him slippin and crossed that ? up and made him fall in front of the ? ...

? caught feelings and tried to have me jumped. Couple of OG's from the neighborhood deaded that ? tho.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was in the 10th grade at gym class playin against the star ball player in our school. Caught him slippin and crossed that ? up and made him fall in front of the ? ...

? caught feelings and tried to have me jumped. Couple of OG's from the neighborhood deaded that ? tho.

29-Camron-NP.gif

There has to be more to the story for him wanting to set you up
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I was kinda showin off cause I crossed him up...callin him a ? and ? lol
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't nothin' make a nikka catch more feels than gettin' clowned in front of some hoes.

I bet at least 30% of murders and assaults can be tied to a nikka at some point gettin' embarassed in front of a bish.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Matt-

@Monizzle14 Do you take any supplements for that? I've had some bad joints from hooping all the time. I took a bunch of vitamins to help, but hands down the best one I've used is Animal Flex. I have 0 pain in any joint after taking this ? . Try it if you don't already take something. Definitely worth it.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/flex.html

• jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a youngin - 4th Grade. I played on a basketball team where no player knew how to dribble or shoot. Our big man came was fresh from Nigeria and had to wear purple, latex gloves during the games because he had some skin disease and would hit the top of backboard every time he shot lol.. I scored 16/20 points in our only victory that season. It was a GOAT day lol

Intramural hooping as a freshman I led the whole school in scoring with 23. Only freshman to make the All Star team too. Had people asking why I never tried out for the team (probably could have made it), but was done with organized ball at that time -- Now I regret it though lol

Honorable Mention: Almost dunking on my boy driving baseline, T-Mac v Shawn Bradley style... Never got that close to dunking again besides grabbing the rim a few times lol
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10th grade - Got moved up to varsity. Ran down a kick returner and poked the ball out at the 5 yard line with the fumble recovery. Turned out to be game saving since the offense couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half but the other team came back but loss 26-21.

9th grade - JV basketball game winner in the first game of the season. Popularity sky rocketed for me after that ? , too bad we only won like 5 games that season.

8th grade - I was bussed in to a new magnet school with no bball team. But me and another kid played city youth ball for close by but different areas/cities. We got to poppin bout who's better during lunch. Since we didn't live close enough to play we set it up for field day. 3 games to 10. Ran him off the court 10-8, 10-5 and 10-4. I'll remind him of it on facebook every now and then.

Stories for me stopped after 10th grade when I hurt my knee...... Playing special teams.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Near inside the park home run
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My best game on varsity was 2 fumble recoveries 5 tackles 2 of them was a TFL. Despite not starting I lead the team and area in fumble recoveries with 4.

Best game on JV was 10 tackles and 2 sacks I played OLB so I blitz every down LOL. They start cut blocking and pulling guards to slow me down.

8th grade I scored 25 with 5 steals we still loss but I was in a zone. Greatest moment cuz I was team captain as well. Got to highschool and the politics and favoritism turned me off basketball wise. Not bitter but some dudes that got PT shouldn't got PT why u on that Oak knowing you can compete plus in practice you shut them down.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A few years back I used to hoop with some co-workers on saturdays. So this particular saturday I got my two sons with me and we running the first five on five after a couple hustle games. Long story short. We going to 16 by ones. I scored the first 9 points for my team on jumpers from all over the court. Top of the key, corner, elbow, with my sons watching, you know a ? had to do the Jordan shrugg.