Thor: The Dark World

Options

Comments

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the rest of the Marvel movies, I'm looking forward to Thor 3 the most right now. Unless they pull an Iron Man 4 outta no where.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah right ajax.

The middle eastern kid with the heart ring from cap planet would kick your ass in a one on one.

? , I don't lose fights my ? .

Jane Foster's slap would be enough to knock you out

muthafuckin Erik runnin around in his tighty whities could kick your ass
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Freudian wrote: »
    Freudian wrote: »
    There's so many stories in the Thor universe marvel could explore. I really hope they go the Ragnarok route...and bring in Surtur and Balder and the Light Elves, Dwarves etc....all the nine realms this time. Stay off Earth. Thor is Asgardian. Focus on that for 3 Marvel.

So basically, you want Marvel to isolate Thor from the rest of the Marvel Universe and permanently remove a key franchise character from future Avengers movies. Ok.

Yea. Epic fail at paraphrasing there. Nowhere in my post did I intimate such a thing. In Thor 3, it would be truer to the character if Marvel finalized the asgardian ? 's storyline with a trip throughout the nine realms.

The basic theme of the Thor trilogy so far has been him understanding what it takes to be king of those nine realms, so what better way to tie it all up than to focus on that vert aspect?

Yeah I agree you can have a Thor movie set on any number of the nine worlds aside from earth and still keep the whole Avengers connection. There is no reason why Thor be a part of both.

How many of the other Avengers are poised to up and leave Earth randomly?

None of them. Whats your point?

Keeping Thor off of Earth means separating him from the Avengers.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoutout to korg for the only person remaining true to the comic book..

DC constantly beats marvels guys in votes when they battle each other and marvels movies aren't helping. Thor is way stronger than this and mjolnir can ? transport thor through time if he wants.

Baddest person in the movie was Thors moms.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co sign, thors mom was bad ass. Didnt expect that ? .
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thors moms could get this work.

And Thor stupid for not smashing Sif.

Lol, Sif is supposed to be Heimdall's sister (Idris Elba)
    How they gonna splain that ?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mvy8dqcDTG1robyw6.gif

By far one of the funniest scenes in the movie. Lol!

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This could make a great "caping" gif. Waiting in the rain lol

tumblr_mlvf1pKjDY1qcga5ro1_500.gif

2jee9es_zpsc1c76234.gif

I'm done. Lol!
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah right ajax.

The middle eastern kid with the heart ring from cap planet would kick your ass in a one on one.

Where you live at dude? @rozaytabernacle let's meet up then.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    The casting of Thanos will be critical...

I think vin diesel is gonna be thanos. I still don't believe marvel hired him to just say "I am groot"

I think VD might play Vision too
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Loki is still working for Thanos. So Sif and Volstagg are told by Odin (aka Loki in disguise) to take the aether to the Collector...it's possible he knows the Collector is working for Thanos as well which is why he told them to take it to him. "One down, five to go."

? 's bout to get so real.
    He got 1 of the gems?

I think Thanos is after the cosmic cube for this story not the Infinity gauntlet yey
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Yeah right ajax.

Michigan.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Loki is still working for Thanos. So Sif and Volstagg are told by Odin (aka Loki in disguise) to take the aether to the Collector...it's possible he knows the Collector is working for Thanos as well which is why he told them to take it to him. "One down, five to go."

? 's bout to get so real.
    He got 1 of the gems?

I think Thanos is after the cosmic cube for this story not the Infinity gauntlet yey

You don't remember the gauntlet being shown in Thor? Thanos is after the 5 gems. I'm sure GOTG will expand on this.

thor-paramount-home-ent_480_poster.png
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Yea I remember but Thanos wanted the cosmic cube before the Infinity gauntlet storyline. I figured they wouldn't jump right into that.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was a dope ass movie, Loki was GOAT... crackin jokes through the whole movie
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah right ajax.

Michigan.

Good, you are close to me....
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't think this movie would good b/c they moved it to November man was I wrong. This was better than the first one.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The anether and tesseract are 2 of the soul gems.. . They are gonna have the rest in the other movies
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really enjoyed it. Honestly Thor 2 and the first Iron Man are easily the best solo movies yet.

The creative team has a really solid understanding of Thor and the characters mythos. Such elements as:

-The whole Asgardians as really advanced aliens instead of gods thing. Now mind you, im sure they went this direction to keep the franchise from cheesy magical adventure AND to keep Xtian evangelicals off of their backs. But regardless, both movies do a very good job selling a concept that not only is a bit hard to grasp, but also very in line with Jack Kirby's original conception of the Thor mythos.

-Understanding Thors central conflict. For the longest time, if you were to ask me "WTF is Thor about in the sense of comparing him say the x men or the hulk?" I wouldnt have an answer for you. Unlike most Marvels, Thors central conflict (which is his being torn between his love for earth/Jane vs. his loyalties to Asgard, getting over his privileged background, and his constant familial struggles with Odin and Loki) has a tendency to fall to the wayside quite frequently. I think most writers get swept up in the epic sandbox that writing Thor allows that they just forget or don't care about these elements.

The movies however realize that drama is the foundation of cinema and are very effective at distilling these elements amidst it all.

-Action. Thankfully Thor is such a larger than life character, the action scenes are far more enjoyable and over the top than Iron Man and Captain America.

and I can go all day...The point is, I feel that Thor, out of all the marvel movies, successfully bridges the gap between being enjoyable and a accurate depiction of the comics.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The end credits got a ? wanting to re-read Thanos Quest lol. The scene was awkward tho. Cant wait to see Thanos da Gawd on cam!
  • smittysmith
    Options
    The casting of Thanos will be critical...

Gonna have to be some element of CGI. Thanos is a massive dude *pause*.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The end credits got a ? wanting to re-read Thanos Quest lol. The scene was awkward tho. Cant wait to see Thanos da Gawd on cam!

Where can I get this at?
  • smittysmith
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Where can I get this at?

http://magazine3k.com/comics/english/131004/the-thanos-quest-1-2-1990-complete.html
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Where can I get this at?

http://magazine3k.com/comics/english/131004/the-thanos-quest-1-2-1990-complete.html

good ?