Two-mile-wide tornado slams Oklahoma City area, killing at least 10 "Horses and stuff flying around"

Options
Gold_Certificate
Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in AKA Donkey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5AWHYGxAkE

(CNN) -- At least 10 people were killed and a number of other people were injured when a storm with a massive tornado struck an area outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, officials said.

At least one school in Moore, Oklahoma, appeared to have been hit by the tornado. Emergency personnel were scouring the school's rubble Monday evening, video from CNN affiliate KFOR showed. The footage also showed a number of other leveled buildings.

The tornado was estimated to be at least 2 miles wide at one point as it moved through Moore, in the southern part of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area, KFOR reported. Video from CNN affiliates showed a funnel cloud stretching from the sky to the ground, kicking up debris.

Comments

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hope that ? don't come through here.

Supposed to be storming all week, was supposed to storm today, ain't ? happen though.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    A bunch of kids were found drowned in a school pool.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? was they doing in there during a tornado.
  • Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens *shrugs*
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    37? Damn its officially a disaster....tornadoes rule.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Batman.
    Batman. Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd smash Storm with the quickness.

Oops, I already did.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is real out there

wizard_of_oz_0237_tornado.jpg
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    6aBLR2p.jpg
    L6obkiv.jpg
    AsS071K.jpg
    vH2qG65.jpg
    JnayJDZ.jpg
    hppBWXW.jpg
    gVgVdub.jpg

(CNN) -- At least 51 people -- including seven children at an elementary school -- were killed when a massive tornado struck an area outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, officials said.

Seven children were killed at Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, Oklahoma, a police official said. Emergency personnel were scouring the school's rubble Monday evening, video from CNN affiliate KFOR showed. The footage also showed a number of other leveled buildings.

The tornado was estimated to be at least 2 miles wide at one point as it moved through Moore, in the southern part of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area, KFOR reported. Video from CNN affiliates showed a funnel cloud stretching from the sky to the ground, kicking up debris.

Below is what we're learning, and you can click here for our latest full story:
    Mapping tornado's path of destruction
    Tornado levels elementary school
    Witness: Looked like the movie 'Twister'
    First images of damage from Okla. tornado

Latest updates:

-- Fifty-one people have died as a result of the storm that hit the Oklahoma City area Monday, Oklahoma's office of the chief medical examiner said.

-- The dead include seven children at Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, said Oklahoma City Police Department spokesman Kevin Parton.

-- Storm damage has been reported in Cleveland County, which includes Moore; McClain County, which includes Newcastle; and Oklahoma County, Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management representative Terri Watkins said.

-- Hospitals in metropolitan Oklahoma City are treating a number of people injured in the storm that hit the area Monday afternoon.

Twelve adults and eight children are being treated at the Oklahoma University Medical Center and The Children's Hospital in Oklahoma City, OU Medical Center spokesman Scott Coppenbarger said. "We expect more patients to arrive this evening," Coppenbarger said.

Elsewhere, the Norman Regional Hospital and the Healthplex in Norman, Oklahoma, are treating an unspecified number of people with "signs of trauma, lacerations and broken bones," spokeswoman Melissa Herron said.

Thirteen patients have been transported from Moore Hospital to other area hospitals, Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management representative Terri Watkins said.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, it aint trill until 100 funerals take place. I think its got a shot to make that hunnybun
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats a big ? tornado. I sure am glad the mountains here help prevent that ?
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Yo, it aint trill until 100 funerals take place. I think its got a shot to make that hunnybun
    I don't think it'll get up there.

We can still hope though.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, I thought they would be flying horses.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    A whole school full of kids.... Just gone smh
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this make me wanna watch twister
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wana see white kids thrown in the air
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint no cops get killed ? So those ? weren't out tryin to save people sons of ? .
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tornados...im sorry...Ter-Nay-Ders as they called them are just natures way of making sure the IQ in a particular reason doesnt drop to dinosaur brain level proportions.

Notice this ? happens in the South and Midwest a lot. Where either the dumbest or most evil crackers live. Nature be knowin mayne. Mother nature is a Conscience Black Woman.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Looks like this ? might get trill after all:
    Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Even for a city toughened by massive tornadoes, Moore has never seen this kind of devastation.

The vicious tornado that ripped across central Oklahoma on Monday killed at least 51 people -- with about 40 more bodies expected to arrive at the Oklahoma state medical examiner's office, Amy Elliott of the coroner's office said Tuesday. Roughly half of the expected bodies are children.

pduUQaD.png
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids drowned after roof fell on them

Woat
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't think the weather channel was going to do local on the 8's b/c of this tornado

80's with a stray thunderstorm this evening