E3 Nintendo Direct Announced

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in IllGaming
June 11 is going to be a busy day.
by Luke Karmali MAY 23, 2013

Nintendo has announced it will be holding a global edition of Nintendo Direct on June 11 at 7am Pacific / 10am Eastern / 3pm GMT.

The Direct, which Nintendo is holding instead of a press conference this year, is set to provide updates about future Wii U games.

Already confirmed to be shown are a new 3D Mario, a new Mario Kart and the next Smash Bros., though it's possible that titles in other franchises (especially Zelda) may also be detailed.

Nintendo announced that Best Buy stores in the United States and Canada will offer playable demos of the company’s E3 games next month. Participating stores will offer consumers the chance to “play some of the unreleased Wii U games featured at E3 while the event is occurring in Los Angeles.”

E3 2013 will take place from June 11th through 13th in Los Angeles.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/19/smash-bros-mario-mario-kart-in-upcoming-nintendo-direct
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/play-nintendos-e3-games-at-best-buy-next-month

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *yawns*

Wake me up when Nintendo finally gets some 3rd party support.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    June 11 is going to be a busy day

is that when your high school summer vacation begins?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Can't wait to see what a new Mario Kart joint looks like. Prolly the greatest party game ever made.

You'd put that over Goldeneye back in the day?

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol i forgot nintendo already had a next gen console out 0 ? are given about this console outchea lol. At this point i could care less about the next mario bros or smash bros or mario kart. ? I would rather just play it on my n64.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Can't wait to see what a new Mario Kart joint looks like. Prolly the greatest party game ever made.

You'd put that over Goldeneye back in the day?

? me 4 player Goldeneye was the truth. But yeah Mario Kart >>
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Mario Kart ends up in the top 10 best of every gen for me. It's one of the best franchises ever.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah man, I can't wait for this.
    It will make or break E3 for me, cuz I don't give a damn about Xbox & Sony needs the right third parties for me to give a ? about them.

That X RPG looks good & I know Mario & Smash gonna be dope. If they just show those 3 games they'll win it for me.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care about nintendos garbage ass tablet... I'm going to miss out on Zelda metroid and smash bros.... But there are far too many other games on the PS4 i do play.
  • focus
    Options
    Wii U

- Has backwards compatibility
    - No DRM
    - Free Online
    - Can Play Used Games
    - Support For Indie Devs
    - Cheap
    - Great Exclusives
  • Broddie
    Options
    Wii U

- No DRM
    - Free Online
    - Can Play Used Games
    - Support For Indie Devs
    - Cheap
    - Great Exclusives

Buh...but it doesn't have the Sony logo on it. So ? .

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Wii U

- No DRM
    - Free Online
    - Can Play Used Games
    - Support For Indie Devs
    - Cheap
    - Great Exclusives

at the bolded what are so great about exclusives on the wii u compaired to if you have an older nintendo console. I mean if you have super mario bros on any other nintendo console why blow $300 on a console and another $50 on a wii u mario bros? Same with smash bros, mario kart etc.

The downfall of nintendo exclusives is you can argue the version on n64 or SNES is just as good as the version on wii or wii u. Plus nintendo makes great exclusive adventure and in person multiplayer games. ? mario kart is goat. So there isn't that much of a need to play these games online. I don't care how good a zelda game looks on wii u it wont be better than OOT. Go ahead make a new donkey kong game ill stick with DK 64 over that.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wii U marketing department at work
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What great exclusives are on the Wii U as of now? Later down the line, ok, but currently, there isn't anything on there.
  • focus
    edited May 2013
    Options
    What great exclusives are on the Wii U as of now? Later down the line, ok, but currently, there isn't anything on there.

Yea but, what great exclusives were their in the first year of any console since the OG XBOX and Halo? Wii Sports, which is something a little different, but other than that...???
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yea but, what great exclusives were their in the first year of any console since the OG XBOX and Halo? Wii Sports, which is something a little different, but other than that...???
    True that, but you listed it as if they were a bunch of them at the moment.
  • Broddie
    Options
    LMAO @ Wii Sports. Are you serious? the Wii had Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 AND Fire Emblem 10 all out during it's first year all exclusive to the platform and superior to Wii Sports in damn near every way.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited May 2013
    Options

the question should not be what exclusives did other consoles have but what exclusives will actually get people to buy wii u? are they just going to make a nicer looking version of (insert 10+ year old series here) or are they going to make something that will lead to console and game sales boosts.

Wii U isn't a next gen system its a slight update in for some ways is for better of what the wii was but in many way for worse what the o.g. who the ? is going to want a zelda game where you gotta switch between some sorry ass tablet then whip out the nunchucks then go back to a tablet? What 20 something year old metroid fan is going to blow nearly $400 for a console and $50+ for a nicer looking experience?

• focus
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    LMAO @ Wii Sports. Are you serious? the Wii had Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 AND Fire Emblem 10 all out during it's first year all exclusive to the platform and superior to Wii Sports in damn near every way.

? calm down.

The Wii launched in November 2006. Galaxy and Fire Emblem came out one full year later, in November 2007.

Prime 3 came out at the end of August, almost September...so, okay. I guess "within the first year" there. One whole month before the one year mark. Wow.

Wii Sports was selling that console during the first year.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

the question should not be what exclusives did other consoles have but what exclusives will actually get people to buy wii u? are they just going to make a nicer looking version of (insert 10+ year old series here) or are they going to make something that will lead to console and game sales boosts.

Wii U isn't a next gen system its a slight update in for some ways is for better of what the wii was but in many way for worse what the o.g. who the ? is going to want a zelda game where you gotta switch between some sorry ass tablet then whip out the nunchucks then go back to a tablet? What 20 something year old metroid fan is going to blow nearly $400 for a console and $50+ for a nicer looking experience?

It's funny how you simplify every new iteration of a franchise to being a "nicer looking version". So I suppose GT4 and GT5 are the exact same game despite having different approaches to the physics and a revamped game engine right?

Why should I bother with GTA V when I could just replay San Andreas?

People would want to play a new Zelda and a new Metroid on Wii U for the same reason they wanted to play them on previous consoles despite owning older versions. On top of being new entries in fan favorite franchises they have completely new game engines, new level designs and different presentations to a familiar concept built from the ground up to fully take advantage on the new platform they're appearing on.

• focus
    Options
    True that, but you listed it as if they were a bunch of them at the moment.

Oh. I thought that's what we do now? Make judgements on consoles without knowing much about them or seeing any games? My bad homie.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2013
    Options

? calm down.

The Wii launched in November 2007. Galaxy and Fire Emblem came out one full year later, in November 2008.

Prime 3 came out at the end of August, almost September...so, okay. I guess "within the first year" there. One whole month before the one year mark. Wow.

"The Wii (? .: /ˈwiː/) is a home video game console released by Nintendo on November 19, 2006"

Furthermore SMG and FE10 were both 2007 releases. Dropping during the 4th quarter in NA before 11/19/2007 and earlier in the year in other territories.

You asked what great exclusives were out during a consoles first year. Not what was the best selling exclusive for a console during it's first year.
  • focus
    Options

? calm down.

The Wii launched in November 2007. Galaxy and Fire Emblem came out one full year later, in November 2008.

"The Wii (? .: /ˈwiː/) is a home video game console released by Nintendo on November 19, 2006"

Yea, a typo. Fixed. So, anyway...12 months is still 12 months.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

It's funny how you simplify every new iteration of a franchise to being a "nicer looking version". So I suppose GT4 and GT5 are the exact same game despite having different approaches to the physics and a revamped game engine right?

People would want to play a new Zelda and a new Metroid on Wii U for the same reason they wanted to play them on previous consoles despite owning older versions. On top of being new entries in fan favorite franchises they have completely new game engines, new level designs and different presentations to a familiar concept built from the ground up to fully take advantage on the new platform they're appearing on.

But the grand theft auto series is something that continues to see improved realism and growth. Likewise that series is actually heavily anticipated and critically acclaimed. How much improved and realistic is super mario bros on wii compaired to gamecube or N64? What benifits do you get from buying mario kart or smash bros on wii u than on wii or gamecube?

I graduated from college last year and while i was in school nobody was playing call of duty on playstation 2 or xbox. they were playing that game on 360 or ps3. But more people played mario kart or smash bros or mario on n64's they brought up than their nintendo wii.

The low sales of Wii U during last holiday season and the continued loss of die hard nintendo fans from caring about the latest nintendo products is proof that the "nicer looking" games are not as appreciated as previous versions of nintendo exclusives.

• focus
    edited May 2013
    Options

? calm down.

Furthermore SMG and FE10 were both 2007 releases. Dropping during the 4th quarter in NA before 11/19/2007 and earlier in the year in other territories.

You asked what great exclusives were out during a consoles first year. Not what was the best selling exclusive for a console during it's first year.

And the answer is still none except for Wii Sports. Just because you didn't consider it "great" doesn't mean millions of others didn't. Trying to downplay the universal impact Wii Sports had, regardless of preference, just seems silly and short sided to me so *shrugs*. Metroid Prime 3 was one month before the one year mark. Ok, fine. Whatever. Galaxy and Fire Emblem still don't count, you reaching on those.

And at the end of day, we still debating one game on one system. My original point was, no recent console launches have really seen quality software in the first year since XBOX and Halo.
  • Broddie
    edited May 2013
    Options

But the grand theft auto series is something that continues to see improved realism and growth. Likewise that series is actually heavily anticipated and critically acclaimed. How much improved and realistic is super mario bros on wii compaired to gamecube or N64? What benifits do you get from buying mario kart or smash bros on wii u than on wii or gamecube?

I graduated from college last year and while i was in school nobody was playing call of duty on playstation 2 or xbox. they were playing that game on 360 or ps3. But more people played mario kart or smash bros or mario on n64's they brought up than their nintendo wii.

The low sales of Wii U during last holiday season and the continued loss of die hard nintendo fans from caring about the latest nintendo products is proof that the "nicer looking" games are not as appreciated as previous versions of nintendo exclusives.

Well for one thing Mario Kart on GC gives you a completely different dynamic from the N64 version because you have to strategically juggle 2 characters per Kart. That right there makes it a completely different type of challenge. Especially since even the layouts of the tracks were revamped to take advantage of the 2 character dynamic and how that could affect shortcut approaches. Never was into Smash Bros. so I can't really comment on that.

The Wii U has sold 3.06 million units worldwide since last November. New Super Mario Bros U has sold 2.15 million copies worldwide since then. Seems like plenty of people care about "nicer looking" versions of older Nintendo games to me.