OFFICIAL 2013-2014 LOS ANGELES LAKERS THREAD

Options
buttuh_b
buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
LALakers_2nd.jpg

Well with free agency around the corner with a lot of big decisions to be made, I figured we might as well start talking about it now so we can avoid the cluttered NBA Season Thread.

What are we gonna do with Dwight? Will D'Antonio be back? Do we trade Pau now that has value slightly increased at the end of the season? Have we seen the last of MWP? What are we gonna do about our back court? Earl Clark is an unrestricted free agent. How will Kobe look next year? Should we go after the likes of Dorell Wright or Anthony Morrow?

It's a lot to talk about. Hopefully we can avoid injuries this year and have a much better season than last year.

Roll call to all my IC Lake Show brethren!!

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Chitlin you gotta continue to supply us with all the videos for this year b.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Lmao there's mad questions in that op.7 seeds who barely made the playoffs don't deserve threads dun.This team sucks

If the lakers are lucky they will be an 8 seed next year and that's with everything going their way.May as well tank and try and get J parker
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Lmao there's mad questions in that op.7 seeds who barely made the playoffs don't deserve threads dun.This team sucks

If the lakers lucky will be an 8 seed next year That's with everything going their way.May as well tank and try to J parker

How can you say that when you have no idea what our roster is gonna look like yet?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all ? persistent, I'll give you that
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A bad season or 2 and ? get amnesia like we wasn't just back to back champs ok
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would keep Kobe and Dwight and trade everyone else, but obviously that won't happen.

Realistically speaking, I think Pau Gasol and Artest are must trades. They bring absolutely nothing to the table. After getting rid of those 2, they need to get Kobe some wing help. He NEEDS another wing player who can get their own shot. Trying to be the play-maker, the scorer, and the closer at this age is too much. It should be easy for him at this stage in career, similar to what Tim Duncan has with San Antonio.

But in reality, they'll probably keep everyone (SMH).
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would keep Kobe and Dwight and trade everyone else, but obviously that won't happen.

Realistically speaking, I think Pau Gasol and Artest are must trades. They bring absolutely nothing to the table. After getting rid of those 2, they need to get Kobe some wing help. He NEEDS another wing player who can get their own shot. Trying to be the play-maker, the scorer, and the closer at this age is too much. It should be easy for him at this stage in career, similar to what Tim Duncan has with San Antonio.

But in reality, they'll probably keep everyone (SMH).

We shouldn't trade Gasol. Still has use.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gasol gets paid $20M. Still having use when you're getting paid $20M a year is not enough. A $20M player is suppose to be a franchise player aka a game changer.

The sooner the Lakers franchise understand this, the better. He needs to be traded ASAP. Who gives a ? how good he USE to be. He's not good anymore.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    this came early
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am i still allowed around this parts??? LMAo......
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

You be out of pocket a lot of time but you still family b.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Tommybilfiger

I ain't got no worries history tells us this franchise never rebuilds just RELOADS
  • toheeb27
    edited May 2013
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    toheeb27 wrote: »

You be out of pocket a lot of time but you still family b.

fist-shake-pound-hand-shake-fist-pound-congrat-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-165.gif
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Checking in...
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    da bull has arrived.
    amnesty Metta
    get 2 shooters for the minimum
    keep Pau
    I'm torn on Dwight. if he stays that's great but if he leaves then 2014 gonna be a good look with the reload
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Don't see how trading Pau would be idiotic since he hasn't really performed consistently since the 2009-2010 season. He's mentally soft as they come. He vastly underachieved and has been the reason we lost key games. If we could get good value back for him it would be smart, especially when you consider we're paying him $20 million to average 14 points and 8 rebounds. His playing style isn't conducive to Pringles system either so you gotta ask yourself what makes sense. I know he's one of the most skilled big men ever but if it's not producing results then you need to look at other options.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't mind orchestrating a sign and trade with Dwight...It's just not gonna work
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind orchestrating a sign and trade with Dwight...It's just not gonna work

With who though? What assets do we even want from Dallas or Houston? It would have to be a three-way trade unless we can do something with Brooklyn and we would have to take Brook Lopez, who I'm not a fan of. He can't rebound or defend for ? .
  • toheeb27
    edited May 2013
    Options
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    killap wrote: »

With who though? What assets do we even want from Dallas or Houston? It would have to be a three-way trade unless we can do something with Brooklyn and we would have to take Brook Lopez, who I'm not a fan of. He can't rebound or defend for ? .
    Honestly I think Pau, Kobe, Nash is a good nucleus, I would be happy to get some young talent in return
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Posts up. .. my biggest question is if the Lakers are really considering using the amnesty clause on Kobe.
  • Apoptosis
    Apoptosis Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    I think we really need to start investing in the future and try to pick up a young pg to compliment nash. We also should have traded gasol and peace ages ago.
This discussion has been closed.