M$: "We Will ? Sony at E3"

Options

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Like what are they trying to accomplish? sony fans are deadset on hating their exclusive games anyway. Dudes are already talking mad ? about Remedy's new game despite knowing jack ? about it because it's on XBO. They call it pretentious when games with the same ambition like Heavy Rain were called "art".

They already have their minds made up so MS saying something like this will do nothing to win over any sony fans and convince them that there are games for them to play. It's just more fuel for them to add to their anti-MS fire. This comment will backfire because no matter what they show fans and the gaming press will say they aren't impressed due to the hyperbolic nature of the comment. Expectations will be unreasonably high now.

Exactly. Don't act like y'all were going to see mad exclusives and games and be like, you know what MS really showed me something imma cop an xbox. All the extra ? isn't taking anything away from gaming ? just want a reason to hate. Why would they come out w/ a system with the same capabilities when they can do more while still keeping games at the forefront. Their job is to make the best possible SYSTEM they can make...as long as it's easy to program for and powerful devs will take care of the rest. PS dudes are like real hip-hop heads, always talking this "real gamer" ? when no one gives a ? . And stop acting like people don't like ? integrated when the average household consists of cpu's, laptops, phones and tablets which all basically do the same ? thing.

When the PS3 "only did everything", it was all good for PS stans.

When XBOX One says it (and its actually true) there's a problem all of a sudden.

SMH @ the hypocrisy.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can honestly say I've never owned a dancing game or even a music peripheral one. The only one that comes close is DJ Hero.

I've owned Guitar Hero III and..... (Facepalm) Get On Da Mic. Smh.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    I can honestly say I've never owned a dancing game or even a music peripheral one. The only one that comes close is DJ Hero.

I've owned Guitar Hero III and..... (Facepalm) Get On Da Mic. Smh.

Use that to recite Wu lyrics so you can step your lyrical comprehension up.

• scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly prefer XBOX over PS and i own a ps3 and 360. Fable, Halo and Gears of War franchises are so dope..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Like what are they trying to accomplish? sony fans are deadset on hating their exclusive games anyway. Dudes are already talking mad ? about Remedy's new game despite knowing jack ? about it because it's on XBO. They call it pretentious when games with the same ambition like Heavy Rain were called "art".

They already have their minds made up so MS saying something like this will do nothing to win over any sony fans and convince them that there are games for them to play. It's just more fuel for them to add to their anti-MS fire. This comment will backfire because no matter what they show fans and the gaming press will say they aren't impressed due to the hyperbolic nature of the comment. Expectations will be unreasonably high now.

Exactly. Don't act like y'all were going to see mad exclusives and games and be like, you know what MS really showed me something imma cop an xbox. All the extra ? isn't taking anything away from gaming ? just want a reason to hate. Why would they come out w/ a system with the same capabilities when they can do more while still keeping games at the forefront. Their job is to make the best possible SYSTEM they can make...as long as it's easy to program for and powerful devs will take care of the rest. PS dudes are like real hip-hop heads, always talking this "real gamer" ? when no one gives a ? . And stop acting like people don't like ? integrated when the average household consists of cpu's, laptops, phones and tablets which all basically do the same ? thing.

When the PS3 "only did everything", it was all good for PS stans.

When XBOX One says it (and its actually true) there's a problem all of a sudden.

SMH @ the hypocrisy.

Is this really true? I don't remember anyone giving a ? about what Sony was selling when it came to them trying to make some super duper multimedia system. All anyone cared about was the games even then, and despite Sony always claiming they wanted the PS3 to be more than just a gaming console, they still led with it's gaming capabilities.

No one is faulting M$ for giving thing XB1 non gaming capabilities. People are knocking M$ for making that such a focus that it's what they lead with most strongly in their reveal and they even seem to have made certain hardware and tech choices that weren't the best for gaming but allow for more of that extra stuff.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    nah, nothing does just what it's supposed to anymore. Is your cell phone just used for talking?

but we know the games are gonna be there. chicken fried focus is just repeating what he saw at the Sony event. (you know he was paying attention hard too). Why would ANYONE think that Sony wont address what other things the ps4 can do besides games? This was the system that made blu-ray a household name. LOL @ thinking that talking about the games first is somehow a strike against it.

But "real games" don't care about that stuff, right? The "core" who will be tuning into E3 don't what to hear about anything not gaming related, right? Let's be honest, Sony will have to spend a lot of time talking about ? nobody cares about:

- PS3 games
    - PS4 multimedia
    - Vita. Just Vita.

Then, if and when they show the box (who cares?), they can finally get around to talking about PS4 games with whatever time is left...and we basically already know what those games are cause, of course, they'll have to update us on Drive Club, InFamous 3, Killzone whatever...etc.

M$ conference will only be about one thing. XBOX One Games.

E2S...how is Gran Turismo 6 (a PS3 game) not Sony's biggest E3 game? It's their biggest overall franchise. GT5 is the highest selling PS3 game. It drops this holiday. Install base?? Come on, be serious. ALOT of time is going toward that game, Beyond Two Souls and Last of Us.

360 games? What 360 games? We off that, on to the next "One".

And Vita. SMH @ Vita. Even Nintendo got the 3DS out the way. They didn't wait till E3 to announce A LINK TO THE ? PAST 2! They already know. Nobody trying to hear about 3DS this year at E3. That was last year, same for Vita. This year is Next.Gen.Games.Period. That's literally all Nintendo and M$ have to talk about.

Wow!

Don't know if it was intentional, but when you look thru the hate (and hurt) Focus has done a damn good job promoting the Sony conference, better than even Sony could have hoped for from their marketing team.

Basically MS's conference is gonna be all about XBone and its games. But when the conference is over, we still have a good six months to wait on any of them. 360 owners really have nothing to look forward to. Just hope for the future. (if they decide to buy the XBone that is). That's a wrap for 360.

PS3 owners have much more to look forward to. Next Gen games on PS4 and quite a few AAA PS3 releases before that as well as into next Gen should they not decide to purchase a PS4 right away. And Vita owners have a lot to look forward to as well. Both for this gen and into next Gen.

Nintendo is already into their current gen, so their conference is not next gen as you say, but they have much more reason to follow as opposed to 360 owners.

lol this makes no sense.....ps3 owners have so much to look for then why even mention the ps4? ? I thought that was the whole point of coming with the ps4 so ps3 owners will have something better to look forward to and if sony still trying to get people to buy a ps3 then dont even mention the ps4 right away
  • vageneral08
    Options
    lol really who's on sony's payroll on the ic?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    because sony always supports their old consoles, even when new ones drop. Some of the best looking ps2 games came out when Ps3 was already out. Maybe its not the best business idea, but it shows that they do think about the gamers.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah, nothing does just what it's supposed to anymore. Is your cell phone just used for talking?

but we know the games are gonna be there. chicken fried focus is just repeating what he saw at the Sony event. (you know he was paying attention hard too). Why would ANYONE think that Sony wont address what other things the ps4 can do besides games? This was the system that made blu-ray a household name. LOL @ thinking that talking about the games first is somehow a strike against it.

But "real games" don't care about that stuff, right? The "core" who will be tuning into E3 don't what to hear about anything not gaming related, right? Let's be honest, Sony will have to spend a lot of time talking about ? nobody cares about:

- PS3 games
    - PS4 multimedia
    - Vita. Just Vita.

Then, if and when they show the box (who cares?), they can finally get around to talking about PS4 games with whatever time is left...and we basically already know what those games are cause, of course, they'll have to update us on Drive Club, InFamous 3, Killzone whatever...etc.

M$ conference will only be about one thing. XBOX One Games.

E2S...how is Gran Turismo 6 (a PS3 game) not Sony's biggest E3 game? It's their biggest overall franchise. GT5 is the highest selling PS3 game. It drops this holiday. Install base?? Come on, be serious. ALOT of time is going toward that game, Beyond Two Souls and Last of Us.

360 games? What 360 games? We off that, on to the next "One".

And Vita. SMH @ Vita. Even Nintendo got the 3DS out the way. They didn't wait till E3 to announce A LINK TO THE ? PAST 2! They already know. Nobody trying to hear about 3DS this year at E3. That was last year, same for Vita. This year is Next.Gen.Games.Period. That's literally all Nintendo and M$ have to talk about.

Wow!

Don't know if it was intentional, but when you look thru the hate (and hurt) Focus has done a damn good job promoting the Sony conference, better than even Sony could have hoped for from their marketing team.

Basically MS's conference is gonna be all about XBone and its games. But when the conference is over, we still have a good six months to wait on any of them. 360 owners really have nothing to look forward to. Just hope for the future. (if they decide to buy the XBone that is). That's a wrap for 360.

PS3 owners have much more to look forward to. Next Gen games on PS4 and quite a few AAA PS3 releases before that as well as into next Gen should they not decide to purchase a PS4 right away. And Vita owners have a lot to look forward to as well. Both for this gen and into next Gen.

Nintendo is already into their current gen, so their conference is not next gen as you say, but they have much more reason to follow as opposed to 360 owners.

lol this makes no sense.....ps3 owners have so much to look for then why even mention the ps4? ? I thought that was the whole point of coming with the ps4 so ps3 owners will have something better to look forward to and if sony still trying to get people to buy a ps3 then dont even mention the ps4 right away

Basically, we are not forced into buying the new console right away. The product we already paid for is still supported. We have choices.
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2013
    Options
    because sony always supports their old consoles, even when new ones drop. Some of the best looking ps2 games came out when Ps3 was already out. Maybe its not the best business idea, but it shows that they do think about the gamers.

GOW2 ........ best looking PS2 game. Came out in 07. Rivalled PS3 and 360 graphics. Even had a code to input to convert to HD if played on PS3
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol really who's on sony's payroll on the ic?

Better question might be who isn't?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's actually a good business idea. Not everyone is going to a next gen system as soon as it comes out, so continuing to get money from that group is smart. Then you have to think about poorer people. Last year I moved, and didn't feel like lugging my PS2 and those games around. I was about to toss them, and these Mexicans damn near broke their necks trying to get it from me. The point being that supporting an older system can be profitable long after the newer system is available.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Sony just needs something else to lean on just in case the newer console doesnt do great in numbers....smart....very smart
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ^
    if you don't own a PS3, perfectly understandable for you to believe that if it helps you sleep at night.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

GOW2 ........ best looking PS2 game. Came out in 07. Rivalled PS3 and 360 graphics. Even had a code to input to convert to HD if played on PS3

GOW2 was the ? but are you serious?...

• joshuaboy
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »

Should have said "some" but yea, the early 07 games weren't much better than GOW2 when the HD code was activated. Heavenly Sword was just slightly better.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »

He not serious
  • vageneral08
    Options
    ^
    if you don't own a PS3, perfectly understandable for you to believe that if it helps you sleep at night.

but I do own a ps3 so try again sir
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2013
    Options
    then you really have no reason to think that they're supporting PS3 out of fear. They're doing it because there are still great games to show on it, even when the next generation starts.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah Sony's been doing that since the beginning. I remember copping Mega Man X6 and Syphon Filter 3 when PS2 had dropped. I think the last game I bought for PSX if I remember correctly was Arc The Lad Collection and that was in spring of 2002. After that game I bought a PS2 cause I got tired of playing GTA III at other people's cribs lol. Nintendo used to do the same ? with their home consoles and still do it with their portables. Catering to an existing install base despite launching a new platform is a pretty old and smart tradition.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Catering to an existing install base despite launching a new platform is a pretty old and smart tradition.

And I completely agree with this. I'm just saying that in terms of "killer E3's", this year's conference will be all about next gen. Like E2S said, PS4 is supposed to be "center stage" , so I just don't see how Sony will be doing themselves any favors by trotting out PS3 games. Anything not PS4 related is an instant lull in the conference and there can't be too much of that if they really want to grab everyone's attention about their next console. It'd be different if the PS4 was backwards compatible, but its not so....
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ...so there IS going to be some sort of way to play ps1 2 and 3 games on the PS4. Hasn't that been confirmed? And if it is gonna be through cloud, I would think that they want most recent games would be put on there first.
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Anyway, focus only feels this way because Sony is talking about Sony exclusives. If MS announces some exclusives for the 360 in E3, you know how he's gonna be feeling.

aaw30m.jpg
  • vageneral08
    Options
    then you really have no reason to think that they're supporting PS3 out of fear. They're doing it because there are still great games to show on it, even when the next generation starts.

It's not out of fear it's just they want make more money on the ps3 even with the ps4 dropping but it will get old evenutally just like the ps2 and ps1
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'm actually surprised that MS didn't come up with an in house 360 exclusive for 4th quarter 2013 despite launching XBO at that time. I understand why they didn't do something like that last time but this time they had a very large install base by comparison. Enough to justify milking Halo even further with another spin off title at the least. It is what it is though.