Large Professor says "Ether" was Watered Down (Combat Jack)

Options
DetroitBoi313
DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    well if there was/is a more vicious version why did he hold back? i also didnt click link, is this explained in there? jay went at him pretty hard, then later came out saying he left condoms on his baby momma seat. if u had more to say about the situation why would you hold back?

even if they squashed their beef, nas daughter and whole family look at his baby momma and know all kinds of foul ? . everytime his daughter looks at jay or hear a j song or go to a nets game or anything like that she things of jay-z used condom where her diapers used to be. that ? is ? up. she look at her mom in the face like "damn u a hoe"
    ? is ? up
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't click the link but I've heard he actually did a more brutal version. Most records are changed from their original recording.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well if there was/is a more vicious version why did he hold back? i also didnt click link, is this explained in there? jay went at him pretty hard, then later came out saying he left condoms on his baby momma seat. if u had more to say about the situation why would you hold back?

Despite what was going on between jay and nas personally i think the reason they changed the version of Ether was because it probably would have got a lot worse. Like physical altercations and shootings maybe. I think maybe Nas and crew looked at it like it wasnt worth anymore drama. Whats done was done.

Just my thought, we will never know the real reason
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their discussion sounded exactly like a Reason thread. "Jay was bringing facts" "Nas got him though!!"
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas used to leak lyrics to Ether and Ether 2 (ethereal) on the stillmatic boards a few months before Ether officially dropped.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    its dope two dudes from both camps were there
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ive heard about a line like "It should've been you in that plane crash" referring to Aaliyah plane crash
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Nas used to leak lyrics to Ether and Ether 2 (ethereal) on the stillmatic boards a few months before Ether officially dropped.

So much Ether in that post
    No pun
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas watered down ether so jay wouldn't send beanie to put that cut in nas hairline permanently BLAM BLAM
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't buy it. If you've been punched hard why would you punch them back with only half your effort? Why wouldn't you punch them as hard as you can?

Good plan though: Make it seem like the ether we all know is less powerful than the 'original', and then it makes Nas seem like a ? MC, because the one we do know about was already really good.

I can't buy this story until the original ether is released
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm petitioning that the real Ether be released damnit!
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised. The only portion of the original "Ether" that have been released is the portion that Nas spit on the unreleased version of Face's "In Between Us".

Originally, Swizz Beatz produced "Ether" (the one that's supposedly more ? ). That much was confirmed last year in an interview. I guess that's why Swizz had that line "Sittin' in my Beamer listening to Ether".
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Politics...

Streets and Music Business

• ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Nas held back.Jay-Z should be lucky
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas once said there was suppose to be a track on Gods son where he really went at everybody but he said they got rid of it to make sure it didnt leak.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was a dope drop. But either i'm behind the times, or Combat Jack is the only black dude i've ever seen wear Stussy
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Cole - I Disappointed Nas (Self Ether)