Does 2pac Have 3 Consecutive Masterpieces?

Options

Comments

• blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Masterpieces? Yes.

Classics? No

Can you elaborate on that bruh?
    Don't you consider masterpieces classics?
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AEOM should have been a 1 disc album...

However its a classic and so is MATW....

But Makaveli was a ? masterpiece...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackstarr wrote: »
    Masterpieces? Yes.

Classics? No

Na. To me a masterpiece is just a really good representation of your work, very high quality, shows that you really have your craft down. I'd say all three albums fall in that category.

As far as classics, I'm in the minority but I don't think AEOM is a classic. I'd have to think about Makaveli. MATW is my favorite Pac album and the only one that is definitively a classic.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Me Against The World is his Magnum Opus.
  • will grimey
    Options
    AEOM was an instant classic when it dropped. I just never really like all the songs...
    MATW had 15 tracks. I only ? wit 6-7 of em. How can I call that a classic?
    Of course Makaveli was an instant classic bc it was in at the height of the beef with BIG, plus it was his first posthumous album...
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    But to answer the thread, Pac do have 3 classics & All Eyez On Me is most def is one.

I was a young bad ass ? when that album came out but I remember my older brother, playing that CD every day back in 96'. Not only that but you couldn't walk outside without hearing that CD & the album goes in too

gotta quote again, in 96' when this shss came out, it wasnt no where down here in my city that you didnt hear that album.............? pull up at the gas station & everybody was bumping that AEOM, every time I went over my brother house he was bumping that shss & everybody in the projects he stayed in 96 was too. The south f**ks with Pac especially AEOM in 96'
  • will grimey
    Options
    Masterpieces? Yes.

Classics? No

I consider a masterpiece as a classic that is close to perfection...
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Me Against The World is his Magnum Opus.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Masterpieces? Yes.

Classics? No

How do you not see that in Me Against The World?
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Masterpieces? Yes.

Classics? No

What's Ya Phone Number
    Heaven Ain't Hard To Fine
    Ain't Hard to Find
    When We Ride

I don't dig any of the above. Also, a few joints on the album have really weak hooks and mediocre production. It's really hard to have a double album be a classic. I think their are 27 tracks on the album. He could have pared it down to a strong 20 joints and had himself maybe a top 5 all-time album. I could go on.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, because he doesn't have one album above average.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? gotta be kidding me. Some of these same guys will act like every song on reasonable dought was dope but will find ? wrong wit a Pac album that like i said , had some of his better beats. Dont give me that "but Jay was so lyrically advanced compared to Pac on Rd" ? because yall ? pick and choose who yall will accept the heavy wordplay from. When Slaughter House comes up yall act like ? need to be more than jusy Lyricist but when a ? has a gift in formulating different songs like Pac did, then you wanna go back to the big word using ? >>>Pac. You IC guys cant have it both ways with the biasness.
  • kjrain12
    kjrain12 Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ^You tell 'em mate!

I'd say Pac has two classics, MATW and AEOM. Makaveli is one of the most overrated hip hop albums ever. The only reason it has the status it does is due to the events surrounding it.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I personally consider his last 3 albums classics. Then his 1st one a personal favorite. That choice came more lately after really listening to it. I know alot of people, myself before this included, didnt really consider that a good album based on everybody saying the production being out-dated.

It goes to show how everybody elses opinion can effect yours. Some ? in here catching feelings cuz they depicting AEOM proves that as well. So people dont know music cuz they criticize that album? Thats a conditioned mind-state. People feel they HAVE to like something cuz everybody else does or says something is so great, just in general.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Yall ? gotta be kidding me. Some of these same guys will act like every song on reasonable dought was dope but will find ? wrong wit a Pac album that like i said , had some of his better beats. Dont give me that "but Jay was so lyrically advanced compared to Pac on Rd" ? because yall ? pick and choose who yall will accept the heavy wordplay from. When Slaughter House comes up yall act like ? need to be more than jusy Lyricist but when a ? has a gift in formulating different songs like Pac did, then you wanna go back to the big word using ? >>>Pac. You IC guys cant have it both ways with the biasness.

GOAT post
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Masterpieces? Yes.

Classics? No

What's Ya Phone Number
    Ain't Hard to Find
    When We Ride

I don't dig any of the above. Also, a few joints on the album have really weak hooks and mediocre production. It's really hard to have a double album be a classic. I think their are 27 tracks on the album. He could have pared it down to a strong 20 joints and had himself maybe a top 5 all-time album. I could go on.

Just my 2 cents.

Me Against The World, not All Eyez On Me
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many posts in here of young foolios who weren't around when these albums dropped. ? disgusting

"When grown folks talking, ? close yo mouth."
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Masterpieces? Yes.

Classics? No

What's Ya Phone Number
    Ain't Hard to Find
    When We Ride

Just my 2 cents.

Criticizing Tupac albums to Tupac is like discussing evolution in church...I agree with you though, a double disc album is way too much material 99% of the time. Too much filler.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    » show previous quotes

Lol no albums perfect so what a masterpiece is like a 4.5 and a classic is a 5?

All eyez on me is a classic regardless of what idiots think
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , quote correctly.

DAYUM.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mas·ter·piece

noun

a piece made by a person aspiring to the rank of master in a guild or other craft organization as a proof of competence.

does 2pac have three masterpieces?

NO
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Pac doesn't have classic albums IMO. He has a bunch of gems as in songs, but entire albums? ? that noise!

Dude's albums be tainted with pop-tart songs kind of like JayZ's ? after he popped. Plus Pac's production choices were pretty much trash and he stayed doing compilation songs with his wackass friends.

Borderline wack production and good lyrics mixed with a few pop-tart songs shouldn't equal classic in anyone's mind.

But I guess if we add getting clapped up, then everything rises up a notch. Your wack songs all of sudden become decent, your decent songs become good, and your good songs become classics.

Basically this whole thing is a big joke.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac doesn't have classic albums IMO. He has a bunch of gems as in songs, but entire albums? ? that noise!

Dude's albums be tainted with pop-tart songs kind of like JayZ's ? after he popped. Plus Pac's production choices were pretty much trash and he stayed doing compilation songs with his wackass friends.

Borderline wack production, good lyrics, and a couple of pop-tart songs shouldn't equal classic in anyone's mind.

But I guess if we add getting clapped up, then everything rises up a notch. Your wack songs all of sudden become decent, your decent songs become good, and your good songs become classics.

We really need a dumbest/funniest post in the reason, immediately.

And this will be the first quote to validate that thread.

Ridiculous.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aka you caught feelings.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Borderline wack production and good lyrics mixed with a few pop-tart songs shouldn't equal classic in anyone's mind.

Smh