Do you care about how blacks are faring, or do you only care about youself and your family/friends?

Options

Comments

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where you at @Zombie ?

I was just gettin' started.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    Everytime I get into a debate with a so-called Afrocentric ? they end up running from the debate and I end up chompin' at the bit to school they ? . but I digress.

next topic then?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    @zombie ever wonder why you NEVER see an African man with an American Black woman? or better still, an African woman with an American Black guy? why not? I thought they was our people?

Fact is...they are NOT of our people and could give a rat's ass about you. When the African marries, what does he do? He marries a woman from his home country, Africa, not an American Black woman. why is that?> Because they know that our women are not the same women as theirs and they know this. we are not of the same yoke menatlly or spiritually.

another question:

Why hasn't Africa as a country, gone to war with America and take us back? why? because we are not of them. they are not our people. they don't give a ? about us. never did.

? i live in nyc you can find african men with african-american women here.

My ex was south african. No nation in africa has the power to go to war with america to get us back, what the ? are you talking about does that even make sense.

You need to get educated and travel the world more because you are very ignorant.

Yup and NYC is the mecca of foolishness. I bet you can even find an Arab married to an African women too. Or a Jewish ? married to a Domican. NYC is just Melting ? sespool of race-mixing. No wonder you don't know who the ? you are.

And you're wrong, Libya and Nigeria have armies ? . they can go to war, they just won't because they see no need to.

If you are claiming African, you should be ashamed that your people are letting you suffer in America at the hands of the white man. You should be outraged at the Africans that are not making a ? stink about the slaves that were "stolen" from them during the slave trade. but you won't get that. why? because they KNOW you ain't they people so why fight for you?

? like you sit up and praise Africa as your "Motherland" when Africa gave your ass up in slavery and didn't give 2 ? about coming back to get you. just like a crackhead mother dumping her kid in a trash can.

Name one African leader since you been alive that has spoken up for your ass in America and claims you as their own? NAME ONE.

where do I even start ghana has the right of return for all people in the dispora. Senegal offeted land to haitians after the earthquake

Nigeria has a weak army and no real navy the nation is only about60. Like it or not black people in the usa came from africa
  • zombie
    Options
    @Zombie since you claim you from African descent, what country are your relatives located in? Are you able to fly over there and visit?

my brother is in ghana he was given free land to build his house on . how old R you
  • zombie
    Options
    where you at @Zombie ?

I was just gettin' started.

I am going no where at you are lucky I am on a phone
  • twatgetta
    Options
    @Zombie since you claim you from African descent, what country are your relatives located in? Are you able to fly over there and visit?

my brother is in ghana he was given free land to build his house on . how old R you

Ok? so he just moved there. what about other older relatives and cousins that have been there for decades? got any of those in Ghana? prolly not. and that don't make him an African just becuz he moved there...lol...I'm sure an Asian can move there tomorrow and get the same deal. Africa is hurting economically so I'm not surprised they giving the land away to attract people to move there.

And get off the phone ? , the weedman can wait!...lol

• twatgetta
    Options
    @zombie What you have to understand is throughout history, our people have been shuffled around the globe in slavery, so when you say "I'm a Jamaican but my roots are in Africa", I have to pause because most people that say "I have African roots" most times are actually from Africa, speak Swahili, have a deep family inside Africa and have never experienced the slave trade or have andy family members that have. I have yet to come across an African male/female in America that shares the same pain of slavery with me. they just didin't experience the ? period. most Africans today have migrated on free will to America, they were never subjected to Slavery. never. AND if you notice, they don't come over here to re-uinte with us. 95% of Africans can't stand American Black folks.
  • zombie
    Options

Ok? so he just moved there. what about other older relatives and cousins that have been there for decades? got any of those in Ghana? prolly not. and that don't make him an African just becuz he moved there...lol...I'm sure an Asian can move there tomorrow and get the same deal. Africa is hurting economically so I'm not surprised they giving the land away to attract people to move there.

the economy of nigeria and ghana are growing you fool. I am a jamaican maroon stupid we came from ghana. The richest black person in the world is african. I do not smoke and I am traveling so I am on the phone.

Stay in school little boy
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If you are Black and your friends and family are Black, I don't see why you wouldn't care how Blacks are faring on a macro-level; how other Blacks are faring can affect you as well as family/friends.

• twatgetta
    Options

the economy of nigeria and ghana are growing you fool. I am a jamaican maroon stupid we came from ghana. The richest black person in the world is african. I do not smoke and I am traveling so I am on the phone.

Ok ? , the Maroons were Israelites. FACT. I was waiting for you to step in that hill ? and you did just that. more to the fact, the Maroons are also the Mountain Men aka Rastafari who ran to the Hills to hide from the Portuguese slave traders tryna ? them for not complying. the Maroons were the same Israelites that took over a few slave ships and turned them hoes around and went back to Africa to live. Some say they are the people of Liberia today.

You know nothing. and you still haven't answered why the Africans did not wage war for you against America when the slave ships rolled up. why? because you can't that's why.

ALSO, why the ? are there "slave houses" littered on the coastline of Ghana? do you even know what a slave house is? that's the building where the slave traders would go to buy our black ? . YES WE WAS SLAVES TO THE AFRICANS ? !..wake the ? up.

• zombie
    Options
    @zombie What you have to understand is throughout history, our people have been shuffled around the globe in slavery, so when you say "I'm a Jamaican but my roots are in Africa", I have to pause because most people that say "I have African roots" most times are actually from Africa, speak Swahili, have a deep family inside Africa and have never experienced the slave trade or have andy family members that have. I have yet to come across an African male/female in America that shares the same pain of slavery with me. they just didin't experience the ? period. most Africans today have migrated on free will to America, they were never subjected to Slavery. never. AND if you notice, they don't come over here to re-uinte with us. 95% of Africans can't stand American Black folks.

? I am not african american and some africans dont like you guys because of how you act. And colonization as practiced in much of africa was slavery

Read king leopolds ghost. Get educated ?
  • twatgetta
    Options
    ? don't get mad becuz I'm droppin' gems on your dome ? . YOu claim Jamaican right? IF that is what you claim, you are not no ? ' African, got it? Africans claim Africa. Ever heard the phrase "Africa is for the African"??...that's real ? ? . they don't claim another land if they KNOW they from Africa. they claim Africa outright. by you claiming Jamaican only means you are from the land of Wood and Water. Jamaica literally means Land of Wood and Water. It's not the name of a people ? . You are an Israelite if anything. THATS the name of the slaves that were brought to that liand ? . not no damn Africans. ? think just becuz the slave trade stemmed from Africa, that's where we from and who we are.. WRONG!
  • zombie
    Options

Ok ? , the Maroons were Israelites. FACT. I was waiting for you to step in that hill ? and you did just that. more to the fact, the Maroons are also the Mountain Men aka Rastafari who ran to the Hills to hide from the Portuguese slave traders tryna ? them for not complying. the Maroons were the same Israelites that took over a few slave ships and turned them hoes around and went back to Africa to live. Some say they are the people of Liberia today.

You know nothing. and you still haven't answered why the Africans did not wage war for you against America when the slave ships rolled up. why? because you can't that's why.

ALSO, why the ? are there "slave houses" littered on the coastline of Ghana? do you even know what a slave house is? that's the building where the slave traders would go to buy our black ? . YES WE WAS SLAVES TO THE AFRICANS ? !..wake the ? up.

I know what I am you are confused go back a few pgs and watch the vidoes abput maroons.

In african sold slaves that is not news I will answer all your questioms monday cant deal with your level of stupid on a phone
  • twatgetta
    Options

I know what I am you are confused go back a few pgs and watch the vidoes abput maroons.

In african sold slaves that is not news I will answer all your questioms monday cant deal with your level of stupid on a phone

yeah you make sure y ubring you uneducated ass back to this topic ? . I gotta bone to pick with you now..lol
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes I only care about me and mine. Sometimes I remember that I am experiencing a great quality of life entirely due to me being born into fortunate circumstance and then I care about the welfare of others though.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    i care about the climate in which i must compete for resources... so, yeah I care about how those with similar demographics are doing...
    it would b silly not to...

and
    Bingo....I care very much about how Black people are doing, ? , I live in a Black neighborhood, how can I not care? If Black people are doing bad, then chances are I'm gona be doing bad down the line.

I'm still not quite sure that I understand what you guys are saying here. Are you saying that your success essentially depends on the success of 400 million other people? If so, I just see a few holes in that kind of thinking.
    I keep seeing people on here say that they don't care about [insert some bad thing being done by, or happening to, black people]. This is totally the opposite of my view. So I want to know how many people think like this.

That's odd that you say that people on here seem to not care about black people. I haven't gotten that impression. I've actually gotten the opposite.

I personally care how about all peoples fare, so yeah, it logically follows that I care about how black people fare but certainly not only black people. Although I consider myself to be a cynical misanthrope, I also consider myself to be a humanist. So I believe in the empowerment, advancement, etc. of all humans regardless of race. I personally despise race for a million reasons including my opinion that race is made-up, divisive, and just an overall stupid concept. Race also plays a big role in stereotyping, divide and conquer, ignorance and stupidity, and racism (shockingly). Many people have this false "we vs. them" mentality that's based on race. If there is any legitimate "we vs. them" reality, it shouldn’t be based on something as frivolous as race. It should be and probably is based on something more substantial like class.

With that being said, the people whose wellbeing I care for the most are simply the people whom I have love for, and that’s just based on love. Not history, class, race, bloodlines, etc. If I got love for you, then I deeply care about you and how you fare. If not, then I still care, but it’s meh. It’s impossible to truly love someone whom you don’t know. If you think otherwise, then you’re fooling yourself. So how or why anyone would care deeply about how a whole race fares is beyond me. That’s an overly-optimistic road to disaster.

Then there are other people on the other extreme who take the apathetic and/or egoistic approach and generally don’t care about anything but themselves. That’s just as bad, but I strongly disagree with the many people who think that that’s evil. When all is said and done, if you are an adult, the only person that can truly help you is yourself and no one else. Self-reliance, self-responsibility, independence, individuality – these are things that should be admired not chastised. It’s excessive dependence, helplessness, collectivism, etc. that’s dangerous imo.
    How can I add a poll?

You should see the option to create a “New Poll” under the red tab in the upper right hand corner of the forum screen that says “Post a New Thread.”

Thanks for your response.

I think maybe I should rephrase the question: do you have a special concern for blacks? I'm not interested in a concern for blacks that simply flows from a concern for all people.

I also think that a deep concern for the race is compatible with an even deeper concern for one's friends and family.

I agree that it is hard to see how someone could love someone he or she didn't know. But I don't think it follows that it is hard to see how someone could be deeply concerned about the welfare of a group as large as a race. Love is just something different.

I care deeply about how the race fares. Beyond pointing out the difference between deep concern and love, I'm not sure what I can say to convey that this concern is genuine.

Thanks for the info about the poll.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I only care about myself.

Just because most blacks are this and that.

Doesn't mean I have to be.

Look, I came out of the ? by myself.

I eat by myself, I sleep by myself, and etc by myself.

I only matter because when I'm in pain, or when something terrible goes wrong.

No one feel it.

There is no one way to be black, and blacks can rightfully adopt an identity that doesn't jibe with what most other blacks are doing. So I agree with you there. But we all should be concerned about the race, and do what we can to uplift it. If when I am on my death bed there are good signs that the race is starting to go places, I would be deeply gratified, even if I had no children and even though I wouldn't be around to experience it. Every black person should have a certain level of race feeling that makes them concerned about how the race is faring.

I proud for what they accomplished it's very groundbreaking and inspirational.

But what is that gonna do for me?

Like seriously

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say.
  • zombie
    Options

Fist of all the rastsfari movement was started centuries after maroon communities in jamaica and it was not started by maroons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rastafari_movement

jamaican maroons went to liberia in 1801 and they never took over any slave ship. In many Africans did wage war against slavers, both european and arab. Africans sold people that is why there are slave houses but africans did not have chattel slavery amongst themselves, they had what could only be described as a form or serfdom and in many cases when they found out how whites treated their slaves they tried to stop the trade.
  • zombie
    Options
    ? don't get mad becuz I'm droppin' gems on your dome ? . YOu claim Jamaican right? IF that is what you claim, you are not no ? ' African, got it? Africans claim Africa. Ever heard the phrase "Africa is for the African"??...that's real ? ? . they don't claim another land if they KNOW they from Africa. they claim Africa outright. by you claiming Jamaican only means you are from the land of Wood and Water. Jamaica literally means Land of Wood and Water. It's not the name of a people ? . You are an Israelite if anything. THATS the name of the slaves that were brought to that liand ? . not no damn Africans. ? think just becuz the slave trade stemmed from Africa, that's where we from and who we are.. WRONG!

I am african and all black jamaican are the children of africans, jamaican is a nationality you ? if we changed the name of the island it would not change who we are, my ethic group in jamaicn maroon.

i am not a ? israelite there is alot that goes into identity more than land there is also blood and most jamaicans especially maroons are african by blood and culture we are a outgrowth of african people.

our elders speak a dialect of the ghanian language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkFhFADkIY8

You are a member of an insane cult of culture thieves who dress like wonder woman on the weekend and annoy people.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't stand that back to afrika ? .so stupid.those bonds were broken a long time ago...the things negroes have in common are the things we have in common and that's all.the diaspora is something beautiful that came out of something evil.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    I have miniminal interest in African bonds more like things regarding slavery and a lot of art work I've seen from African countries.I would love to see Angola and some other coastal cities in dif countries in afrika.
  • zombie
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    I can't stand that back to afrika ? .so stupid.those bonds were broken a long time ago...the things negroes have in common are the things we have in common and that's all.the diaspora is something beautiful that came out of something evil.

I respect that you want to hold onto the identity your people have made here, cool but don't be like that ? and deny your ancestors origins and replace it with the fantasy of being someone else.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zombie, be prepare for this ? named Paul Hate.

He's an ignorant ? who talks down on dark-skinned blacks.
  • zombie
    Options
    Zombie, be prepare for this ? named Paul Hate.

He's an ignorant ? who talks down on dark-skinned blacks.

I know what he is.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    There's a huge difference between a Haitian and a Jamaican right?now how can't there be a worlds difference between a Dominican born and raised in the tristate and Nigerian living in africa.all negroes things in common but we ain't the same thing.

People should try to get along and be civilized that's about it.i don't believe everybody has to be on some black brotherhood back to afrika ? whitey ? ,will never happen anyways..too many different nationalities.