Xbox One Does A 180 (Or 360?) No DRM, Used Game Restrictions, Region Locking, Or Internet Required.

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    How long before they drop kinect 2.0 out of the picture?

Kinect is a success tho. Where's Move?

I meant moreso so that it could put their SKU on even footing with the standard PS4 price wise. I actually forgot that Move even existed.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    How long before they drop kinect 2.0 out of the picture?

Kinect is a success tho. Where's Move?

I meant moreso so that it could put their SKU on even footing with the standard PS4 price wise. I actually forgot that Move even existed.

Oh, yea...I don't think it matters. The XBOX One is #1 on Amazon and pre-orders at Gamestop are sold out as of today. It's selling regardless. I think Kinect might be too integrated in the console to be removed.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish the kinect wasn't required tho I don't need that ?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We know what you meant broddie. Focus is just so distressed by this news his only consolation is bringing up sony. He probably feels like a child who just discovered his momma's a ? after years of denying it.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None of those reasons made me not want to check out/buy the Xbox One. If they only do something about Kinect. You can turn it off right? No reason to get both Xbox One & PS4 on launch day tho, considering most of the games for each platform will be multi-plat and on current gen.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was buying it regardless but smart move MS now even poor ? can buy XB1
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I wonder how many people will be getting fired for implementing the stuff to start with.

"Trust me man it's the future"

Or more infamously: "Deal with it."

I will now be buying this sooner than expected. I was always just waiting for them to change the "must be online every 24 hours" policy cause I figured it would happen. Well that and the pricing but the pricing was more of an issue for me only because I refused to pay an extra hundred more than expected to live with that ? policy. It was just way too stupid a policy for many reasons that I've spoken on in the past. Now I will be able to take an XBO with me for long term travels.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    damn now playing disc base games requires the disc be in the tray ... smh ill be downloading my games post launch
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    It's one thing if the internet is not in their area (lol), but if they can't afford internet, you really think they can afford a $500 console with $60 games, plus an additional $60 XBL subscription a year?
  • Broddie
    Options
    None of those reasons made me not want to check out/buy the Xbox One. If they only do something about Kinect. You can turn it off right? No reason to get both Xbox One & PS4 on launch day tho, considering most of the games for each platform will be multi-plat and on current gen.

I believe reading somewhere that you can.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Word it makes them look a little bit better
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If only Sony played the game. They could've made a lot more money IMO.

Maybe this may now cause the inevitable death of the true gaming industry.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

If anything this secures the longevity of it's lifeline.

• John_Blazini
    Options
    I dont get the issue with Kinect... man that ? can get you lots of ? trust me .... women love hands free gaming ..
  • Broddie
    Options
    Only real issue I had with it is it adding an extra buck to the price but that was before they went back on the 24 hour policy. If people figure kick ass ways to implement it with the games and the overall entertainment presentation I will "deal with it".
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I wonder what Ninty is thinking about their 4th quarter sales now? MS' previous handicap was a great advantage to them. I just hope

ibu0rvZJirayjN.gif

doesn't happen sooner than expected. I NEED Pikmin 3 & New Super Luigi U in my life early next year.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    I was telling my boy it would be funny if they used kinect game lobbies instead of regular ones.... finally get to see the fat sloppy racist who call everyone ? and jews lol
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    It's one thing if the internet is not in their area (lol), but if they can't afford internet, you really think they can afford a $500 console with $60 games, plus an additional $60 XBL subscription a year?

bruh I see broke ? with new Jordans and 5 kids... where there is a will there is a way

True that, but it's call government assistance. It's easy to cop J's and other expensive ? when your rent is like $42 month, and they still be late with that ? , smh
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    I dont get the issue with Kinect... man that ? can get you lots of ? trust me .... women love hands free gaming ..

Haven't you and your girl been together longer than the Kinect has been out? You sneaking around on XBL fam?
    English answer No
    Spanish answer No
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    damn now playing disc base games requires the disc be in the tray ... smh ill be downloading my games post launch

I guess it's better than having a bulk of install discs sitting on your shelf. Either way I do plan on using the cloud capabilities alot. Particularly to catch up with the 360 games I always wanted to play but ended up missing out on because no 360 owner I knew even owned them.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Now we just have to figure out what to do about all them ? who coppin the PS4 and try to get online, not realizing Sony slid it in that they have to pay now.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

Erm...or get them more cosumers....
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options