^Nah only lames watch that geek ? .Not surprised you watch it
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    They haven't, and I think I'll take this a few steps further:

magic_johnson_ball_in_right_hand_photofile.jpg250px-PiccoloVsAndroid17..png

Magic/Piccolo
    The coolest dude of them all. Always chillin, and never really loses it when everyone does. Before the Kobe/Vegeta character came along, he was the main rival to the MJ/Goku character, and he used to ? him up....along with everyone else. Eventually, the MJ/Goku character beat him (end of original DB manga/91 NBA Finals). Hell, he even teamed with him once or twice down the road (Fight vs. Radditz/92 Olympics).

What makes this guy so important to their universes is that the majority of the time, he's been more of mentor to people, especially the Lebron/Gohan character. Hell, at least half of the Bron/Gohan style is taylored after this Magic/Piccolo dude (Bron's past-first approach/Gohan's Masenkos), and the Bron/Gohan character probably looks up THEM more than their own fathers (a toss-up in LeBron's case), even though they have a utmost alliegance to the MJ/Goku guy. Magic/Piccolo really doesn't have to talk about their status amongst their universes; they know they've won it all alot, they also know that - for the most part - nobody's ? with them. They just sit back atop the world and do their own thing, while looking down and adding a commentary or two. Most notably about the Magic/Piccolo character, they're simply wiser and smarter than any of the other three, and they are more than fighters; whether its mentoring future characters (Trunks & Goten/name a PG) or starting new ventures in their later days (Guardian of Hell by the end DBGT/owning the Dodgers and the ESPN thing), it's THIS trait that makes them so universally respected. ? the top spot; they've got their OWN lane.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Watched. If watching DBZ years ago makes me lame, so be it.

I guess ? never watched cartoons when they were younger.

"We watched cartoons but we didn't watch that lame ? ." foh

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not a real big DBZ fan, but I have enough casual knowledge of the show to know that those comparisons are pretty accurate.
  • Mister B.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    nba-g-russell-400.jpgFriezahead.jpeg

Bill Russell/Frieza

Hear me out. In a time before MJ/Goku, he ruled all. Conquered everything and everyone on the court/field, and has the planets/rings under his fingers to prove it. All kneeled before him and he was known as the main tyrant to their universes (and yeah, Bill's a pretty mean dude). Then along came the MJ/Goku character and smashed his legacy all up, almost to the point where we've forgotten just how dominant this Russell/Frieza guy once was, even if he was ruling/playing in a watered-down version of the universe we know now. That part, more than all others, causes people to overlook him when they rank these dudes. Now, all we have is a trophy/random planet named after the guy.

Oh, he also enjoys ? with the Kobe/Vegeta character strictly cause of his heritage (Kobe being a Laker/Vegeta being a Saiyan), and secretly laughed his ass off in his own afterlife/retirement when he saw that character take a beating. (Kid Buu fight/2008 NBA Finals)
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

Watched. If watching DBZ years ago makes me lame, so be it.

I guess ? never watched cartoons when they were younger.

"We watched cartoons but we didn't watch that lame ? ." foh

na they didn't. but they rather hop in the thread to ? on it and make a couple lame jokes, their fanboys will "lol" at.....

it was cool when it was rapper/sports athletics comparisons tho.

and like i said...

frieza= isiah thomas.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DBZ was 20 years ago, aint nothing wrong watching cartoons as a kid

does family guy and boondocks count as cartoons??? it's animated.
  • ThatPigskinGuy007
    ThatPigskinGuy007 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Options
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol at you thinking you're somehow a G or cool because you think you're above watching anime or cartoons.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Detroit pistons were the Ginyu Force.

lol @ piccolo being Magic Johnson. I guess thats why he never got sick all these years.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I don't know ? about dragon ball z but these descriptions are getting me up to game pretty quick... Good work threadstarter
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I retire. Y'all ? took it too far this time.

*goes back to lurking at ill pix when bored as ? .

*denies I watched the nba finals cuz I didn't play in it.

At least I ain't shenco tho.
  • Mister B.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I think I'll keep this going:

3202.png&w=350&h=254images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEHRw8jjElNmc7hJ7OJZAQg2ENIjqZgU7BKEeb0a5ozfREy5xjPg

Durant/Goten
    A innocent little boy in their universes. Sure, they have that power in them to ? someone up, but you don't see it a lot or initally. You see youth. You see fun. You see someone who still cries in their mama's arms every once in a while (LOL). Also, for the most part, they are treated as a "little brother" to the LeBron/Gohan character, even though they train together and can occasionally be more amazing then Big Brother. For the most part, we just watch and kinda think, "Wow. That kid is something special. He'll be the ? when he grows up, tho."

which leads me to...

act_carmelo_anthony.jpgcutie_go-albums-dragonballz-picture53089-chibi-trunks-trunks-picture-chibi-trunks-more-appropriate-hes-saying-hello-i-am-saying-babye-lets-move-further-vegetas-pictures.jpg

Melo/Trunks
    Durant's/Goten's main rival. Fierce, fiery, and kick-ass written all over him. The ying to the KD/Goten yang. This was not also so. The first time we saw this character, he was totally different. He was on his game, super serious and in the first year, even better than a younger version of the LeBron/Gohan guy (College Melo/Future Trunks). Then, he got lost in the shuffle for a few years, and reincarnated into a totally different version (Knicks Melo/Kid Trunks). THIS version likes to win the minor battles, but can't really put it all together to beat anyone major. Most of that comes from having his "father's" selfish, me-first mentally in the Kobe/Vegeta guy. Don't get me wrong, Melo/Trunks can kick some serious ass, but he ain't touching any of the "adults" at the head of the universes...yet. For now, he'll be the Durant/Melo's running buddy, actually beating him out more often than not.
  • Mister B.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    act_scottie_pippen.jpgKRILLIN.jpg

Pippen/Krillin
    The best sidekick in their universes. The quintessial wingman. When he fights alongside the MJ/Goku character, we see that this dude can RUMBLE, especially early on in his careers. However, when MJ/Goku isn't around, he catches L after L after soul-crushing - and mostly hilarious - L (Pippen in Houston & Portland/Krillin vs. well.....anyone.). Still, we admire this dude cause he brings something to the table, which is the ability to compliment the superior warriors, even if it's nothing more than humor. Oh yeah, this guy seeming can't control himself around women, and simps himself out a little more than we like to see in a guy like that. (Pippen's nation of kids/Krillin falling for a gotdamn robot)

464131a32be92db1eb03bd70266fdd38_Generic.jpgtien.jpg

Barkley/Tien
    No, I didn't put them together cause they are both bald. But, what they are are very good fighters, and way back when the MJ/Goku character first started, they were FIERCE rivals. Because of this - they actually have a friendship, even though it's mostly one-sided. the Barkley/Tien character realizes that he'll never be a strong or great as the MJ/Goku character and respects that. It's just a shame the MJ/Goku character spends less time thinking about this guy than vice-versa. Even still, this guys proved himself in the early days, and can be widely regarded known as the greatest "100% human"/non-NBA Champion to have done their thing on their respective battlefields. Plus, we see that in their post-fighting days, they've had other life out there they can be contempt with.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Immediately looking at the comparisons Im like "no way"

Reading the actual descriptions swayed me. Had to GOAT em. U making this up yourself or getting it from somewhere?
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mister B.
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Reading the actual descriptions swayed me. Had to GOAT em. U making this up yourself or getting it from somewhere?

I made all this ? up. Should sell this ? to Grantland.

Hmmmm.......
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    coop9889 wrote: »

I made all this ? up. Should sell this ? to Grantland.

Hmmmm.......

Do it and share the royalties with the IC

• Mister B.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    And for my best....at least who I ? with best:

d9c9672379ada0c16cb7f926387f5fcf.jpg?itok=T61NZVVtshenron.JPG

Kareem/The Eternal Dragon
    The ? of this ? . The one everyone summons to get something of value from, either a wish or a co-sign. He's the one EVERYONE in the universe bows down to. His apparances alter the world somehow and his impact on their universe is inmeasurable. The cool thing is; there's two different versions of this guy we know about. The one we'll intro'd is totally different, but the one we're all know (Shenron/Milwaukee Kareem). However, we find out there's a totally different version of him, with actual ties to the Magic/Piccolo character (LA Laker Kareem/Porunga).

Even still, only the Goku/MJ character can compare with this guy, and while most people will NEVER admit this, this dude hold all the cards and the records.
  • Mister B.
    edited June 2013
    Options
    One more for now:

150137534.jpgBoo_photo.jpg

Dwight Howard/Majin Buu
    Looks are deceving with this guy. There's some absolutely awesome power buried in him that if he can channel it to his mean side, he'd destroy pretty much everyone. He already smashed the LeBron/Gohan character once (Adult Gohan damn near getting killed by Buu/2009 EC Finals) to prove it. But this guy.....I swear. "Kid at heart" doesn't even begin to tell this story. Dude is a BIG-ASS BABY at times, and does nothing but laughs and has that stupid-looking grin on his face...even when he's supposed to be at war. He damn near drove the Kobe/Vegeta character insane with how not serious he was at battle. He's not really a villain though; he just can't seem to think for himself, and when he actually tried to be a hero, it was so misguided that we're better off treating him as a villain.

He'd be running things if he had THE RIGHT mentor. The only issue with that is, he's already killed the best person who could handle him and make him better. (Stan Van Gundy/Babadi)
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ultimate disrespect for T-Mac but understandable