Kobe names his top 5 all-time. Agree or Disagree?

Options
gman82
gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-walks-again-discloses-time-top-five-205011601.html

Kobe list his top 5 as....

Magic
Jordan
Russell
Bird
Kareem

He left himself off the list (and LeBron),and he stated that Bird doesn't get the credit he deserves. Thoughts???

Comments

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He needs to man up and pick a PF.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it greatest legacies/careers? Best players of all time? Best possible starting 5?

^
    Three way different scenarios

If I'm putting together a fantasy team of 5 players in their prime to compete no way am I putting russell on there.

Im going with:

Magic
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Kareem or Hakeem, can't decide.
    Shaq

And I'm going undefeated.

If he talkin top 5 careers/legacies he might have an argument for those 5.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kobe aint ? ...hes a self satifying ball hog who tries to say its about winning.

it was never about winning with kobe...

this niga hates his dad an wants to be so much more than his fatheran winning a game his father played an gettiung better stats helps him sleep...

he could give a fukk about his teammates if they are not dominate in their position.
  • gman82
    Options
    My top 5 all time in no order

Jordan
    Magic
    Duncan
    Kareem
    Hakeem
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    kobe stole my bike.

Are you ? on his payroll the way y'all come to his defense, that's a trait of a woman to defend her man like you Kobe groupies do
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Is it greatest legacies/careers? Best players of all time? Best possible starting 5?

^

If I'm putting together a fantasy team of 5 players in their prime to compete no way am I putting russell on there.

Im going with:

Magic
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Shaq

Could that team even work together? It just seems like the roles overlap too much. I guess that's a problem with putting 5 legends on a team.
  • coop9889
    Options

^

Im going with:

Magic
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Shaq

Could that team even work together? It just seems like the roles overlap too much. I guess that's a problem with putting 5 legends on a team.

Valid concern. It would be interesting to see.

Magic could work for any team imo. So could Lebron.

From an offensive standpoint, I much rather have playmakers (magic/lebron) dominate the ball than a ball hog like jordan, so i was hesitant to include him on the team because of how many touches he'd require. But if there ever came a time i needed someone to step up, iso and score, NOW, no one really better than MJ for that. Plus on the defensive side he's certainly one of the best defensive guards ever.

The big men were really "id rather have them than play against them" type of thing.

Prime shaq is the most dominant center of all time imo, and gun to my head im probably placing the dream on this team instead of kaj.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's respectable, but like dude before me said, it depends on what scenario he was talking about.

...Btw Kareem is better than all of them.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan
    Kobe
    Magic
    Kareem
    Shaq
  • B.BeST
    B.BeST Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my 5.....

Magic (all around baller 4real)
    MJ (cold hearted winner)
    Hakeem (most gifted center EVER)
    Timmy (fundamentally legendary)
    Oscar R. (gorgeous game)
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe took the safe route.....I'd like to see a top 5 that doesn't include the usual suspects
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe took the safe route.....I'd like to see a top 5 that doesn't include the usual suspects

Then it wouldn't be a top 5 then

Man U know what I mean...it's like name ur fave rappers u always get Biggie PAC and etc its always good to hear bout the other players they admire
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Top Five

Jordan
    Magic
    Hakeem
    Kareem
    Wilt

Starting Five

Magic
    Jordan
    Bird
    Duncan
    Hakeem
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly surprised that arrogant ? didn't include himself
  • coop9889
    Options
    You always get the same ? in any "top ___" list because they are the best lmao wtf....

They aint ask him who are players you admire or his top 20 they said top 5
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    kobe stole my bike.

Are you ? on his payroll the way y'all come to his defense, that's a trait of a woman to defend her man like you Kobe groupies do

Who? Tommy?
  • gman82
    Options

^

Im going with:

Magic
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Shaq

Valid concern. It would be interesting to see.

Magic could work for any team imo. So could Lebron.

From an offensive standpoint, I much rather have playmakers (magic/lebron) dominate the ball than a ball hog like jordan, so i was hesitant to include him on the team because of how many touches he'd require. But if there ever came a time i needed someone to step up, iso and score, NOW, no one really better than MJ for that. Plus on the defensive side he's certainly one of the best defensive guards ever.

The big men were really "id rather have them than play against them" type of thing.

Prime shaq is the most dominant center of all time imo, and gun to my head im probably placing the dream on this team instead of kaj.

You do know that Barkley led the dream team in scoring, not Jordan. The original dream team is a prime explain of super starts coming together for the sake of winning. You had MJ, Magic, Bird, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, etc.. all on the same team and they made it work. Hypothetic speaking, I could see a team with 2 centers or 2 sg's working without a problem. The problem is guys like A.I., westbrook, rose (at times), Marbury, francis, etc who tried to run point and the 2 guard and end up throwing off the team chemistry by attempting to take over the offense. These guys lack balance. Kobe is guilty of this as well. I personally would rather have a Kareem & Hakeem, versus a Kareem and Malone.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Respectable list. Similar to mine except I have Wilt in my top 5.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vegeta Bryant actually makes a point with that Top 5.

By today's standards, Russell could actually be a PF.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the kobe hatred is so strong with these ? youd think bean assaulted them in a colorado hotel
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

Nah you have to take into consideration his age range and who he is. First off he's a basketball nerd. Second, if he was in his young 20s or a teenager it would probably be something like... Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, Duncan, Shaq. It might include someone like Bill Russell due to his massive ring count, but you get the point.

The list basically changes with each generation. It only stays the same when you get the young followers who really don't have their own opinion or the guys who are afraid of expressing their real opinion.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can substitute players in and out. But you can't argue with the list.