Comments

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 cent, dr dre, eminem, dmx end his career
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    when he refused to do anything but pop records and all that singing ? .i understand he wanted commercial success but abandoning being a rapper to sing though? ? all that. R.U.L.E album was the end for him imo.

Ja always sang on his songs. His singles may have been female oriented but his actual album tracks never really changed. The "jump the shark" moment for Ja Rule was the Hot97 "Ya'll ? want Pac to come back" rant. After that it was hard for anyone to take him seriously. Musically, even when he was being clowned, Ja's music never really fell off. It pretty much stayed the same
  • blackrain
    edited June 2013
    Options
    B.BeST wrote: »
    the ? gas tank was on full, straight premium ? though, instead of puttin him up on game ? sat back watched and let him tank out..........

this is when I was in love wit this hip hop ? to death, I have over 300 rap magazines xxl/th source and the majority are from 00-07, this ? is vivid.....

dude was gassed up and got blindsided by everything around him, the anger u heard in "blood in my eye" was the angry wake up call he never recovered from....

That would be Irv Gotti's fault. Ja said, and Irv confirmed this, that when Ja was at his peak Irv literally wouldn't let hear or read any negative comments about him. So when he would get wind of ? that's why he'd have this big ass overblown reactions. He'd just be hearing about ? that was being said about him for months (his songs were soft, ? thought he was corny, people hated the singing etc.) Irv kept all that ? from Ja and only let him think it was all love out there. Ja found that out the hard way once he tried to come back and saw how hard a time he had getting records played and being told "Nah that ? is wack"
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we all agree when he went full beta drake is when he fell off
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everyone started worrying about how they were going to look by ? with his music or just showing love to it, from the radio stations to the average person. Pretty much over when it gets to that point. His image took a huge hit.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    "Y'all ? wanna see 'Pac come back? Y'all wanna see this ? ? It's here." -Ja Rule
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    at the end of that video they tranform in to black panthers
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just got tired of that coke shoveling pint sized bulldog ? , he had hits but most his songs sount the same when he started singing, not to mention 50 didnt seem as much a clown... 50 used the Laws of Power to his advantage for real
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ja Rule was just a Tupac wannabe
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The Last Temptation" was the end of Ja Rule as a superstar. Many people credit 50 with killing his career, but after "Back Down," etc. he still went platinum with "R.U.L.E." Ja Rule fell all the way off because he wasn't able to consistently drop music shortly thereafter because of Supreme trial & the Bureau freezing The Inc's assets.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Ja Rule jumped the shark IMO when he dropped that song with Bobby Brown. That ? was wack.

That song is dope homie! You're trippin

And I know you're getting booooorrrrrrreddddd. Bobby went in on that ?

• Kellmill
    Options
    If Ja would've come out with an album that was more a mixture of Blood In My Eye/RULE I think he would've had a fighting chance. But to devote an entire album to a rapper is an epic fail, even tho Blood In My Eye isn't bad at all
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea that grease video and the bobby brown thing like someone said.

I remember nas almost signed to murder inc and backtracked once he say how much streets despised them.

Generally speaking ja got too cute with it and dropped too much sweet ? and back to back.

Like every nine months without stop till he got stopped.

Should dropped ? like clap back and holla holla to as singles more often to keep things from getting stale.

No reason he shouldnt have a ? at gold right now but he said ? you to the male audience and we said ? u right back.

Drake and wayne take note.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    the ? gas tank was on full, straight premium ? though, instead of puttin him up on game ? sat back watched and let him tank out..........

this is when I was in love wit this hip hop ? to death, I have over 300 rap magazines xxl/th source and the majority are from 00-07, this ? is vivid.....

dude was gassed up and got blindsided by everything around him, the anger u heard in "blood in my eye" was the angry wake up call he never recovered from....

That would be Irv Gotti's fault. Ja said, and Irv confirmed this, that when Ja was at his peak Irv literally wouldn't let hear or read any negative comments about him. So when he would get wind of ? that's why he'd have this big ass overblown reactions. He'd just be hearing about ? that was being said about him for months (his songs were soft, ? thought he was corny, people hated the singing etc.) Irv kept all that ? from Ja and only let him think it was all love out there. Ja found that out the hard way once he tried to come back and saw how hard a time he had getting records played and being told "Nah that ? is wack"

And you beleive him?he aint never cross a group of kids walking down the street disparaging his singing?

Please.
  • Paul Hate.
    Options
    Blood in my eye was corny to people cuz it was obvious shady and gunit was getting under his skin like for real.

I always say drop one diss on wax and keep it moving let the streets decide.

imagine if he dropped its a wrap and kept it moving.like made it clear hes about making hits aint concerned with beefing and battling.

? ..some cats might have said he won.i woulda dropped just one track and let the homies on the label earn their keep.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "jump the shark" tho?

is that some new york ? or sumn?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ay while on topic....the first time i got high as ? this ? came on the radio and went ham for some reason lmao....i was jammin like a ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ

but yeah, when i came back down to earth, ? trash
  • Kellmill
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    "jump the shark" tho?

is that some new york ? or sumn?

That's a common phrase when something starts going downhill. It started when Fonzie tried to jump over a shark on an episode of Happy Days

• D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    ay while on topic....the first time i got high as ? this ? came on the radio and went ham for some reason lmao....i was jammin like a ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ

but yeah, when i came back down to earth, ? trash

man this track brings back memories. summer of 2001.

ja's downfall was singing too much. got way too oversaturated. plus he got real cocky, saying he was the new tupac on the radio and ? lol. last temptation killed his career.
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't compare him to Drake or rappers that sing now.

This is a different climate and game we're in in 2013. That ? is revered and accepted.

Ja was doing it at a time when gangster rap still ruled (no pun intended) the airwaves.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Funny ? about Mesmerize is that the song itself wasn't clowned universally when it was released. It wasn't til after the video came out that people were like "What the ? is this ? "
  • blackrain
    Options
    Paul Hate. wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »

And you beleive him?he aint never cross a group of kids walking down the street disparaging his singing?

Please.

You reach a certain level of fame like Ja had from 2000-2003 and you can find yourself very easily removed from everyday, normal people. He had a crew of yes men. That was his real downfall.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the Tupac comment and the Pain is Love album did him in

@Sion's post is a perfect summary of his downfall

when Ja Rule started sacking Tupac full force, and then that song using Tupac's "Pain" sample really began him going the wrong way

the singing ? was already kind of bad but it was acceptable as long as it was kept to a minimum

mofos still thought he had another VeVeVe like album coming

but 50's GRODT came out in 02 and had the streets bumping his ? .........so when he got at Ja Rule ol boy was done