Should we be watching out/checking for Big Sean?

Options
international
international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
Simple Question.

(AllHipHop News) G.O.O.D. Music’s Big Sean spoke with DJ Cosmic Kev of Power 99 in Philadelphia yesterday. During the interview Sean addresses his placement on MTV’s annual “Hottest MCs In The Game” list, his appreciation for Kanye West’s new album Yeezus, and the exposing of some rapper’s embarrassing past tweets.
[ALSO CHECK OUT: New Music: Big Sean Featuring Lil Wayne & Jhené Aiko – “Beware”]
“A lot these rappers ain’t real out here. It’s crazy,” said Sean. “That dude who dug up all that stuff, I know he got a lot people in trouble.”

Sean goes on to talk about his fellow G.O.O.D. member Travi$ Scott who had some things to say about Sean and their boss Kanye on Twitter a few years ago.
“All I got to say is Travis Scott is my dog,” adds Sean. “I was playing him my album, and he was like, ‘Yo, Big Sean, you might be the greatest rapper out right now.’”
The “My Last” rapper later seems to give his peers a pass on their changing views.
“People’s opinions change over time. You may not like something four years ago, three years later you might like it.”

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No because the ? is corny & wack
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

• international
    Options
    So no one checking for his spitting ability? I'd say he's flow's improved, he ain't to bad with the flow, don't really ? wit him like that lyrically, tho.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So no one checking for his spitting ability? I'd say he's flow's improved, he ain't to bad with the flow, don't really ? wit him like that lyrically, tho.

He was meh to decent but after he did this imo he solidified his status as forever cornball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EC8WuRBmI8
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ checking for Big Sean...

"Oh, ? !!!"
  • international
    Options
    ^^^He was spittin on those GOOD collaboes tho.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    That Detroit mixtape was dope, so I will be checking for his new album.

Although Guap was weak as ? .
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's WACK. But he definitely a cornball. I tried to like son, just can't do it. He's pretty mediocre to me.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His next album will be better than a lot of these ? who just released their albums recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diWqm8SYfU
    If the album sounds anything like this than we're in for something special
  • rell e. rell
    rell e. rell Members Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? NO...sean is about as big as the midget on game of thrones! and i would go as far as to say he's wack...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I will be. But I have seen this story before from big sean kinda when it came to the first album. He dropped a mixtape called finally famous 3 and it was dope. Not on detroit's level but still dope. Then the ablum had a bunch of throwaways or songs that just didn't stand the test of re bumping in the whip.

As far as his collabs yes sean has killed it with his collabs the question is can he carry an entire album? He might be able to but it wont be easy. The next question is does he really have control over his content for the album or does Def Jam? This is huge because album 1 you could tell they forced ? that was out of his control for mainstream appeal. He also admitted he didn't have control on album one. Some of it worked (ASS, My last) but other songs came out weak. Now big sean claims he has more control this time around but i have to see it to believe it.

People who hate medium sean will have doubts and think hes wack. Dickriders like Detroitboi will claim a single 3 hours old is a hit and his album is a classic (even tho they haven't personally heard the whole thing). But the album will have to speak for itself in my opinion.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lonestarg
    lonestarg Members Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    I have seen this story before from big sean kinda when it came to the first album. He dropped a mixtape called finally famous 3 and it was dope. Not on detroit's level but still dope. Then the ablum had a bunch of throwaways or songs that just didn't stand the test of re bumping in the whip.

As far as his collabs yes sean has killed it with his collabs the question is can he carry an entire album? He might be able to but it wont be easy. The next question is does he really have control over his content for the album or does Def Jam? This is huge because album 1 you could tell they forced ? that was out of his control for mainstream appeal. He also admitted he didn't have control on album one. Some of it worked (ASS, My last) but other songs came out weak. Now big sean claims he has more control this time around but i have to see it to believe it.

People who hate medium sean will have doubts and think hes wack. Dickriders like Detroitboi will claim a single 3 hours old is a hit and his album is a classic (even tho they haven't personally heard the whol thing). But the album will have to speak for itself in my opinion.

See this is one of my problems with alotta fans these days. When the ? has Big Sean killed anything? ? reminds me of when people used to say that Nicki "killed" verses back in 2009-2010. It's like they get props for delivery or being animated alone without really saying anything.

Define killing it? Big Sean talking about people being fake and then talmbout some dude telling him he might be the greatest rapper out right now? Like i can't take this ? serious. That goofy face, smirk & forced-"confidence" (= arrogance!) is another thing.

Hip-hop, basketball & boxing has turned into a giant show with no content. All glory, no guts. ? like to act like megastars to be "entertaining" & possibly earn money but they have nothing to build it from & they end up disappearing after a few years and/or believing these things coming out they mouth. How you a super star boxer with bs fighters Adrien Broner? How you super cocky with wack albums & weak lyricism Big Sean? The list goes on.

These ? suck. I might have to move away to banjo music or some ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    I have seen this story before from big sean kinda when it came to the first album. He dropped a mixtape called finally famous 3 and it was dope. Not on detroit's level but still dope. Then the ablum had a bunch of throwaways or songs that just didn't stand the test of re bumping in the whip.

People who hate medium sean will have doubts and think hes wack. Dickriders like Detroitboi will claim a single 3 hours old is a hit and his album is a classic (even tho they haven't personally heard the whol thing). But the album will have to speak for itself in my opinion.

See this is one of my problems with alotta fans these days. When the ? has Big Sean killed anything? ? reminds me of when people used to say that Nicki "killed" verses back in 2009-2010. It's like they get props for delivery or being animated alone without really saying anything.

Define killing it? Big Sean talking about people being fake and then talmbout some dude telling him he might be the greatest rapper out right now? Like i can't take this ? serious. That goofy face, smirk & forced-"confidence" (= arrogance!) is another thing.

Hip-hop, basketball & boxing has turned into a giant show with no content. All glory, no guts. ? like to act like megastars to be "entertaining" & possibly earn money but they have nothing to build it from & they end up disappearing after a few years and/or believing these things coming out they mouth. How you a super star boxer with bs fighters Adrien Broner? How you super cocky with wack albums & weak lyricism Big Sean? The list goes on.

then move
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »

In between the lines threatening to ? your ? with a louis vutton condom and getting head from a ? with her shades on (woo!) are some positive carefree songs about like like 24K of gold, selling dreams, etc. But you are right i think allot of big seans subject mater is cliche and safe. If he has the same lines about hoes and being rich then his album will be a failure. Also the album title hall of fame is cocky and arrogant lol. Big sean at this point ain't close to any type of hall of fame haha.
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his ad-libs alone make me never want to listen to him again.
    he's average in todays hip hop climate. nothing special. hes def not a lyricist. more like your favorite pop stars favorite rapper.

• Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sean will have a couple dope songs on his album..just like Detroit
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    big sean's best lines were when he posted on here
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His next album will be better than a lot of these ? who just released their albums recently.

that ? aint nothing special
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

that ? aint nothing special

lmao day day def big seans secondary weed carrier/cheerleader. Anytime he hears 30 seconds of a big sean song an entire album is automatically a classic. if its over 35 degrees in the city of detroit today then the album is automatically going platnum. and if big sean says "boi" in any song its going to be album of the year.
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Didn't people on here use to say that Big Sean don't rap about nothing important? it's almost like you all are trying your best not to like Big Sean. The same people hating on this song are the same people that be hyping up average ass J.Cole records. I see you ? . I just sit back and laugh.
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? him and Oh ?