ESPN brings back Olberman

Options
Cymicaldane
Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Look who is returning to ESPN

espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/07/olbermann-returning-to-espn2-with-daily-late-night-show-aug-26/

Is that new fox sports gonna be worth it?

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so he burned out in the political world and went back to sports...word is he's rude as ? to folks and ppl get tired of his act

sounds like overkill tho...i mean how many shows do they need to recap the days events
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I bet that ? will be hilarious. I'll give it a shot. I loved his MSNBC show and his era on Sportscenter was the GOAT.

These SC anchors now are all the same. I can't tell one from the other besides the vets.

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olbwrmann back in sports, huh?

Eh, he's better here. At least he gets to ? jokes on people without feels resonating for weeks about it.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'll watch until he goes on his "special comment" rages
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how is that an L?
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never saw him on ESPN during his day but his MSNBC show was entertaining so this is a W in my book
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    no L, personal foul on the t/s.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    how is that an L?

My personal opinion: But i have never heard anything good from those who have worked with him in the past. At least not those who left (which might be logical). gawker.com/5874373/a-former-keith-olbermann-employee-speaks-rage-outbursts-and-bad-suits

in all. He is just not my cup of tea. Even though he hates the tea party and calls them racist. Even though he thinks O'Reilly is the worst person in the world. I just dont like the guy.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Most of these TV personalities are ? . They're hella vain and insecure.

Cris Berman is a ? too. I heard Joe Buck doesn't want people to even talk to him within 10 minutes of going on air.

• lamontbdc
    Options
    True a lot of guys are ? and insecure, but it comes up more in regards to Olberman b/c he's burned bridges and got into with management at 3 different networks.

but I just don't see the point of another recap show when they already have 20 shows giving me recaps...that's my only gripe...ill check it out tho

it's time for ESPN to move on from Berman or start lessening his role
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Berman is their Madden right now. He's a legend so he'll be on there until he damn near starts forgetting where he is like Madden was doing in his last few years.

(I knew it was a wrap for Madden when he started talking about christmas shopping for his granddaughter in the middle of a regular season game. lol.)
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Berman is nauseating.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish Stephen A's show still came on. I don't even think this dude even watch's sports anymore. He seem like he wanna run for office or work on some politicians staff.
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'll say this tho... At one point, him and Bill O'Reilly were on some Jay-Z vs Nas type ish.
    And since Olberman is going back to sports...

O'Reilly = Jay Z

Olberman = Nas-taking-an-L.gif

But as a rapper: Nas >>> Jay.

Same goes for Olberman/O'reilly
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    They should let him do his "worsttttttt personnn in tha worldddddd segment on sportscenter
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'll never forget how Keith Olberman almost single-handedly checked and balanced all the racism and BS in the 2008 election. Every. Single. Night.

Literally, I will never forget it. His fire was needed for the usually docile democrats.

He's forever good in my book.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olberman sent that ether to the whole fox news network...i ? with olberman even in the old sportcenter days.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    Olberman sent that ether to the whole fox news network...i ? with olberman even in the old sportcenter days.

sportscenter was the goat when they had olberman, dan patrick, charlie steiner and rich eisen
  • greenwood1921
    edited July 2013
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

sportscenter was the goat when they had olberman, dan patrick, charlie steiner and rich eisen

People forget that the original host of the Daily Show was a sportscenter alum too...

CraigKilborn.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEdNRUK7568uKw136PN1r4NfOuNC7nZshKTvK0h2OMLhf_m0jmTg

Jon Stewart made nikkas forget Craig Kilborn was ever born.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olberman though is a ratings disaster...
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    Steve Levy been holding it down for a minute

thinks back to the old NBA 2nite with Fred Maddog Carter
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Olberman though is a ratings disaster...

the msnbc network consistanty got poor ratings, and he was a part of that, but he was a great an entertaining political voice for that side of the fence but it just didnt work out for him so well in that arena.

If he takes this show and uses it to go in on athletes, teams, owners, etc... the way he went in on bush and republicans, then i think it could be better received.

and he needs to mix in some of this
    http://youtu.be/QSS1ljVxxsE

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keith Olberman = Rachel Madow

They will be interchangeable when she gets that sex change.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Keith Olberman = Rodney Madow

They will be interchangeable when she gets that sex change.

fixed don't forget the name change
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

Mannn those were the days...had every black band then and even now playing that theme song.