Gambit Vs Nightwing

Options
Ghost Leopard
Ghost Leopard Members Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrjTXD5L3s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This video is some ? ? but it is a reference point.

Gambit should beat nightwing with ease. He has far greater agility, his power set allows him to play a distance game with nightwing.

Gambit should beat nightwing 8/10

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Part of the reason I grown to dislike Marvel is how ridiculously overpowered there characters are to the point of corniness.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Part of the reason I grown to dislike Marvel is how ridiculously overpowered there characters are to the point of corniness.

You can't be serious. DC is the one generally regarded as having the more overpowered characters while Marvel goes for more realism. They both have characters of all power levels, but Marvel's most notable characters are generally on a lower power level than DC's.

On topic, Gambit should win, but it would be close.

Nightwing is probably more naturally agile, but Gambit can use his powers to enhance his agility to superhuman levels.

They both are good hand 2 hand and staff combatants. I'd say they are roughly equal there.

They both are good with projectile based weapons, but once again Gambit can use his powers to increase his capabilities in that area.

Nightwing has an assortment of gadgets that would help, but Gambit has a power that would allow him to turn anything in arm's reach into a deadly explosive including Nightwing's own clothing and gear.

They both are smart combatants, but I'd say Gambit is more clever and tricky which could make the difference.

And yes, that video did suck. Win or lose the portrayal of Gambit, his fighting style, and his behavior were terrible.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Options
    Cosign generally DC has characters on the same squad that would be ? tier in marvel. Not that I'm hatin it.

What gives gambit the deciding edge is that he can use his mutant abilities to enhance his agility. Let's not forget he also can use hypnotic charm to talk nightwing into doin some stupid ? .

Also gambit can now charge organic matter. He also has the death persona that makes him a whole new problem.

Now that I think about it. Gambit wins 10/10
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken he lost the death powers relatively recently, but he didn't use them all that much anyway so no big loss.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gambit wins like 8/10
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    night wing is like a top 5 hand to hand combatant in the dc universe though right?
  • jaxn
    Options
    unless something has changed with the new52, i would say no.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nightwing has been trained by the Batman. Gambit is nothing more than street trash. Nightwing wins.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Nightwing has been trained by the Batman. Gambit is nothing more than street trash. Nightwing wins.

Oh no not teh batman! Gambit has sonned plenty a ? that would murk batman.
    Argument overruled.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Argument overruled.

like who? Nightwing have been trained since the age of 13. I'm sure he has a lot more experience than Gambit.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Ill take nightwing son is Batman light and Gambit aint ? with Bruce
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    this is hard because I am a marvel zombie, but i'll give the edge to Nightwing. Gambit is more agile, but it's not like he can't be touched. ? is a trained fighter, I don't think Gambit could win toe to toe with him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Argument overruled.

like who? Nightwing have been trained since the age of 13. I'm sure he has a lot more experience than Gambit.

Gambit has wins over Wolverine and Sabretooth, both of which Batman would be hard pressed to beat in a straight up fight. Gambit and Batman would be a much closer fight than you guys seem to think. Batman would not be able to just walk over Gambit like you guys seem to think. And he's been trained to fight and ? since he was a small child, so this idea that Nightwing would win because he's been trained doesn't make a lot of sense.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Options
    ? seem to forget gambit was leading the marauders before he was an xmen.

Gambit has taken out a brood army and given gladiator the business, which was before he could charge organic objects
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you read Gambit comics, you would know Gambit takes this by a long shot, you're better off pairing him off against Bruce. I'll call that a draw. Gambit has taken out foes more agile than Nightwing, i.e. Daredevil. Gambit is as agile as Spiderman with kinetic powers.

I'm not knocking Nightwing but dudes not even a top 5 hand to hand combat to pair up with Gambit, just saying.
  • Ghost Leopard
    Options
    ? stay sleepin on gambit.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gambit would beat the dogsbody out of Dickie G. And nightwing is my mother ? ...nightwing throws hands up there with Diana Bruce and kal-el. But he don't want it with Gambit at all, G.

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And gambit would beat the ? out of Batman too.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gambit

But hell no he wouldnt beat Batman
  • Ghost Leopard
    Options
    INB4 Gambit charges every batarang in the utility belt.

INB4 gambit charges batman's cape and/or utility belt

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think a spur of the moment fight, with no prep, Gambit would ? Nightwing.

I think batman is one of the GOATs but i just cant understand him, a normal human, being able to take out super powered people with no problem. People with super speed, super strength, ? damn eye lasers. ? blows my mind.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    He rarely does it straight up though. When he beats superpowered people he's usually using stealth, misdirection, special weapons, or carefully laid out plans.

One thing about Gambit though, unless he really dislikes his opponent, he isn't a go for the jugular type fighter. He fought Captain America in a Avengers vs X-men crossover. He managed to charge Cap's clothes and blow them up. Cap somehow survived. The only reason I can see this happening is that Gambit only charged it enough to knock him out, but he underestimated Cap's durability and Cap tanked it. The point is that Gambit will use tactics like that and can pull them off against even elite opponents. However, he's not the type to just put a person in the grave and that can backfire on him. That said, neither Batman nor Nightwing is as tough as Captain America. If Gambit pulls that with them, the will be put down for sure.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Cap is beating Batman though but I c/s Gambit coulda beat Cap.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Why don't you think Cap would beat Batman. From a skill stand point, they are likely equal, and Cap has better physical capabilities. I'd say Cap is on part and very similar to Deathstroke, and Deathstroke has whooped Batman's ass on more than one occasion.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I think a spur of the moment fight, with no prep, Gambit would ? Nightwing.

I think batman is one of the GOATs but i just cant understand him, a normal human, being able to take out super powered people with no problem. People with super speed, super strength, ? damn eye lasers. ? blows my mind.

Batman uses prep to accomplish those feats.