PS4 vs XB1 vs Steambox benchmark tests

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL3ZP4tZKmk

So the dudes at Machinima decided to build computers that would emulate the capabilities of PS4 and XB1 and then compare to say which is better, the PS4 and XB1. Now I think the premise of this is stupid since they really seem to be oversimplifying what all goes into the performance of a console system. What's more interesting to me is the fact that in their efforts to replicate the PS4 and XB1 with a gaming PC, they wound up spending 1K on each PC they created. Let the people on this site tell it, you could make a gaming PC for 400. That seems to be a load of ? .

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    So the dudes at Machinima decided to build computers that would emulate the capabilities of PS4 and XB1 and then compare to say which is better, the PS4 and XB1. Now I think the premise of this is stupid since they really seem to be oversimplifying what all goes into the performance of a console system. What's more interesting to me is the fact that in their efforts to replicate the PS4 and XB1 with a gaming PC, they wound up spending 1K on each PC they created. Let the people on this site tell it, you could make a gaming PC for 400. That seems to be a load of ? .

Basically. So why did you post it?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL3ZP4tZKmk

Yeah, I know, reading is hard sometimes.