GAME OF THE YEAR SO FAR

Options
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
State your console. Then pick your GOTY.

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ask this ? again at the end of the year. Even though everyone will say The Last of Last ? are trying to wait til the release of watchdogs, battlefield 4, & destiny!!!
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Last of Us is the game to beat for me. There's a couple of games coming out this year that I think potentially have the chance to beat it but so far it's that.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    Ask this ? again at the end of the year. Even though everyone will say The Last of Last ? are trying to wait til the release of watchdogs, battlefield 4, & destiny!!!

I was meaning SO FAR
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomb Raider for me so far. Haven't gotten too far in Last of Us yet so will reserve judgment. Still, GTAV could be the killer.
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This year belongs to GTA V, you're smoking something good if you think otherwise. The game of the year so far is almost irrelevant. But anyway....

I don't even know to be honest, it's been quite a barren year for quality games. I am in the small minority of people who think that TLOU is ass, Tomb Raider was a ridiculous joke of a game (great graphics and cinematics a good game does not make. Ridiculously braindead and boring), which leaves what? Dead Space? Bioshock? Both good, but hardly classics. ? , my vote goes to Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    This year belongs to GTA V, you're smoking something good if you think otherwise. The game of the year so far is almost irrelevant. But anyway....

I don't even know to be honest, it's been quite a barren year for quality games. I am in the small minority of people who think that TLOU is ass, Tomb Raider was a ridiculous joke of a game (great graphics and cinematics a good game does not make. Ridiculously braindead and boring), which leaves what? Dead Space? Bioshock? Both good, but hardly classics. ? , my vote goes to Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I think that you little bit hard on TLOU and BIOSHOCK.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ask this after 9/17/2013..
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last of Us was good, but not as great as I anticipated it to be given all of the hype behind it.
    GTA V got this in the bag.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm only maybe an hour into TLOU, and while I wouldn't call it "ass", so far I do think its pretty overrated. I was going to reserve my opinion until completing it.

Tomb Raider does have "braindead" moments, but I still think its a contender. I love the gameplay.

So yea, right now I would say Bioshock Infinite, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Fire Embelm: Awakening or Tomb Raider.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RockStar needs to make a pirate game version of Red Dead Redemption. Wouldn't it be sick as ? to have a bad ass pirate game?

Wow
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be sick as ? to have a bad ass pirate game?

Wow

Assassin%27s_Creed_IV_-_Black_Flag_cover.jpg
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as of right now, Tomb Raider. But I havent gotten to play TLOU yet.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    You all talking about GTAV and nothing else counts ........ but the thread title says "so far".

What's the deal with black people and reading?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS3

Defiance & Ni No Kuni
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bioshock Infinite then Tomb Raider.

Watching the Last of Us on Youtube made me so happy I didn't spend the 60. Great cinematics and story, but the gameplay looked like that same Uncharted clunky ? .
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomb Raider was ass cheeks.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    PS3

Defiance & Ni No Kuni

NI NO KUNI is a classic.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Farcry 3 is the first that comes to mind.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bioshock or tomb raider. Im still early in TLOU. So ill wait till i finish to give thoughts
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomb Raider was boring.....that ? has been sitting in my 360 for months and haven't been compelled to complete it.....The Last Of Us by far at this point....
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Farcry 3 is the first that comes to mind.

That was my first choice but I remember I bought it on Christmas Eve
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly don't play enough games to really give a good opinion in these kinds of topics, but Bioshock was good and I don't even play SP modes in FPS games.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    I'm going with Tomb raider for now even tho i gotta get the new Assassins Creed still just no time. Maybe if I stopped posing (someone is gonna tell me good idea for sure). Again I'm not a huge gamer. So I'm easy to please.