X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is that crewcut havin' ? next to bishop?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my opinion I'll see it but it highly depends on what that first trailer is like. Co-sign with one of the other posters I think Singer sucks even though I loved the first X-Men but I haven't messed with any of his other movies since superman returns. Also gotta point out that people were against and didn't want to see first class!!!
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I heard it was colossus.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The trailer they showed at comic con looked pretty good but it looked like it will be too much about wolverine
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    The trailer they showed at comic con looked pretty good but it looked like it will be too much about wolverine

Is there any videos showing the trailers to this, Guardians, Godzilla, & The Avengers 2???
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...and the griping begins.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the 1st one was decent. 99% sure I'll Netflix the 2nd one as well.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

I heard it was colossus.

Yeah he played that role in X2 and X-Men: The Last Stand.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2013
    Options

Just like every other movie in the franchise except for First Class. Got to give them credit for consistency. This movie should really be called Wolverine 6: Back From the Future.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    I can't take this ? seriously bruh. Magneto is 95 years old and about to roll over in his grave, Wolverine is 25 and 6'2, Jean Grey is 40 years old and ugly as ? but they all wanna smash. The whole story is all off. In X3 Bret Ratner made Quicksilver a black chick (Dania Ramirez), now they wanna go back and rewrite a mistake like we didn't remember when they killed them all off.

I'll watch a X-Men movie when Marvel get's it's full rights back and goes to disney then changes directors to someone that actually reads the comics, otherwise, I won't even waste downloading this ? .

No.....
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm waiting for xmen to go back to marvel too, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen anytime soon, same with Spider-Man.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I'm waiting for xmen to go back to marvel too, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen anytime soon, same with Spider-Man.

Sony's never letting go of Spider-Man lol.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I can't take this ? seriously bruh. Magneto is 95 years old and about to roll over in his grave, Wolverine is 25 and 6'2, Jean Grey is 40 years old and ugly as ? but they all wanna smash. The whole story is all off. In X3 Bret Ratner made Quicksilver a black chick (Dania Ramirez), now they wanna go back and rewrite a mistake like we didn't remember when they killed them all off.

I'll watch a X-Men movie when Marvel get's it's full rights back and goes to disney then changes directors to someone that actually reads the comics, otherwise, I won't even waste downloading this ? .

No.....

that what i was thinking i remember her.. didnt know she was "quiksilver"
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

Is there any videos showing the trailers to this, Guardians, Godzilla, & The Avengers 2???

I doubt the stuff they showed for guardians will ever be released but the Godzilla trailer should be out sooner or later and they didnt really show much for avengers it just starts out showing iron mans helmet with the images of the avengers in it and the helmet keeps getting dented and it forms into ultrons head.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jusdre313 wrote: »

No.....

that what i was thinking i remember her.. didnt know she was "quiksilver"

I thought she was Calisto. that's who she was billed as and she was the leader of the morlocks eyepatch and all they just gave her ? speed and mutant detection powers.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First we X-Men were wack as ? . As ? . The costumes. the X-Men they chose. Rogue was WOAT. Ice-Man, the cocky, powerful mutant was turned into some simpin' ? ? . Cyclops. I can't believe the way the media keep doin' my nig Cyclops. in X3 he was pathetic. in the comics he's their cunnin' and fearless leader. In the films he's pretty much useless.

Six X-Men films and no Sentinels. I can almost gurantee they will be wack.

Bryan Singer is WOAT
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    The X-men trilogy was bland as ? , I watched them a couple months ago and it was still very "ehh" overall. The only good thing to really come from the movies was Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Now fingers crossed for it not to take a decade or more for Marvel to finally get the rights to X-Men back, maybe then we'll finally get a good X-Men movie.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    I thought the 1st one was decent. 99% sure I'll Netflix the 2nd one as well.

Off topic, I was just re-watching the super bowl on Blu Ray and i can not help but wonder how many TDs the Ravens would have scored if not for the blackout.

But I am not even checking for this trash.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The X-men trilogy was bland as ? , I watched them a couple months ago and it was still very "ehh" overall. The only good thing to really come from the movies was Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Now fingers crossed for it not to take a decade or more for Marvel to finally get the rights to X-Men back, maybe then we'll finally get a good X-Men movie.

Yeah...I never thought they were horrible but decent ...could've been better
  • DarthRozay
    Options

Yeah...I never thought they were horrible but decent ...could've been better

It's weird cause I can't even put my finger on WHAT exactly is wrong with them, they just seem very bland to me. Even the story was kinda hard for me to understand until I seen them fully without commercials, and not in a "oh my ? this is so complex! my simpleton brain can't comprehend it!" it was just all kinds of weird.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    ^The actors all seem like robots except Patrick Steward, the script, the directing, the plot, the casting (Magneto was way too old) and the cheesiness is what is wrong with the X-Men movies.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't take this ? seriously bruh. Magneto is 95 years old and about to roll over in his grave....Jean Grey is 40 years old and ugly as ? but they all wanna smash. The whole story is all off. In X3 Bret Ratner made Quicksilver a black chick (Dania Ramirez), now they wanna go back and rewrite a mistake like we didn't remember when they killed them all off.

That's what I'm talking about, the original X-Men film was only cool because Marvel was starting to get it's bearings concerning it's property's but in retrospect, we realize it was only "alllight." One Jeannie I agree, I feel that her and Scott were a little too old, and going back to what you said, they could have picked a hotter actress. One of the few things that was right with First Class was the casting of January Jones as the White Queen.
    Wolverine is 25 and6'2

@ THE MUTHAFUCKIN' BOLDED! My ? , Rex has been saying this from jump. Is Hugh Jackman cool as Logan. Yeah, BUT THE MUTHAFUCKA IS TOO ? TALL! When I pointed this out to ? , muthafuckas was like, "Rex you trippin'. Hugh Jackman's height doesn't matter. Yes, it does matter because you never cast a short muthafucka to be Supes, or The Batman, just like you wouldn't cast a tall as small forward as ? to be Peter Parker. Logan's height is one of those core intangible things that make Wolverine, Wolverine, he's a little short, stocky muthafucka, that's the best at what he does and he'll your ? your ass.

Dude, remember Marvel isn't the end-all-be-all of Marvel film adaptions. While they do have a better grasp of the characters, it don't forget it was Marvel that approved that fuckery with the Mandarin in Iron Man 3
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Can't really expect them to have a person that is 5'2 to play the character though lol. How many 5'2 actors are in Hollywood that could portray Wolverine? 5'5-5'8 would suffice anyway.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Damn he that short?
  • Broddie
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Granted my issues always came from the perspective of someone who has been reading these comic books since the late 80′s. But I was very disappointed when I walked out of the theater after watching X-Men in back in 2000. I never thought it was even "aight" I just felt the ball was severely dropped and reading other early scripts from before Singer came on board just made that reality even more painful.

If any of you guys like to read scripts and are X-Men fans I compell you to read Andrew Kevin Walker's X-Men script. Here's a link http://www.moviescriptsource.com/movie-script.php?id=1 in the first page you have a Wolverine characterization way more faithful to the character than anything we've seen from Jackman in 4 freaking movies.

The script in general overall is more faithful to the tone of the comic books than the actual movies we got. We even have the original 5 X-Men as the only team of X-Men with Wolverine being the only new recruit. Giving the characters more room to breathe and develop since the narrative isn’t overcrowded with over 13 X-Men in Xavier’s school. With a couple of revisions itcould've made an excellent introduction movie to the X-Men. Especially with James Cameron as it's director as it was intended the time.

I never expect direct translations but damn give me something as compelling as what I’ve seen in the comic books at least. Take the last X-Men movie for instance and why I couldn't even finish it. I’ve seen much better and more interesting uses of Sebastian Shaw and Magneto that are far more compelling than “you tortured me during the holocaust and now I’ll get my revenge”.

Even if we look at something like Burton’s version of Batman we have The Joker using giant balloons to poison Gotham City and running around killing people with quails to the neck and frying them up with joybuzzers. It’s as crazy and loony as anything the character does in the comic books. Sebastian Shaw is a master of manipulation and physical combat. To see him reduced to a sneering ? mad scientist was kinda painful in it’s blandness.

Wolverine as presented in these movies is way too neutered for me to ever find interesting. I’ll take the alcoholic loner who has no problem with chopping off a limb or two during a fight over this amalgamation of Wolverine’s most shallow elements with some of comic book Cyclops’ demeanor, relationships (with Jean and Xavier especially) and leadership skils. Jackman’s Cyclerine has never impressed me.

Especially since he always ends up getting his ass handed to him by everybody he fights. “The best at what he does” he certainly is not. It will always be wishful thinking and sound like a broken record on my part because there will be no stopping Fox with exploiting this property but the day Marvel Studios gets the movie rights to X-Men back is the day the general public will finally see an X-Men movie that really lives up to the concept’s potential.