Who are the most Blackballed athletes that come to mind...

Options

Comments

• Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought of a few names

Was gonna say Sprewell. But that dude just kept rejecting contracts so that doesnt qualify him. What was the name of the guy who got caught with Gilbert Arenas and the gun?

Kermit Washington (NBA) claimed on HBO that he was being blackballed after he KO'ed Rudy

Marty McSorley (NHL) was, but that was for a damn good reason.

Bonzi Wells could fit the bill

Palmeiro (MLB) vanished after he tested positive

What was that guy on the T-Wolves, McCants?

Whatever happened to Steve Francis by the way?
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he was apparently backup at Eagles in 11 and on the Bills practice squad or minicamp last year. They could do better with him, than with Fitzpatrick
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Jackson and Barry Bonds
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ vince young

That ? sucks...he got a chance in philly and couldn't even stay out the headlines (dream team) and not bring negative publicity to the team. Plus he stunk up the joint when vick took his yearly injury sabbatical

And then he turned around and was trash in buffalo, he couldn't even push Fitzpatrick for the starting job

Oh I forgot, he's black...so it's got to be some underhanded reason why he's not in the league
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If being trash is a good enough reason then there are a whole bunch of backups who should be unemployed as well.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    If being trash is a good enough reason then there are a whole bunch of backups who should be unemployed as well.

And there are a lot of backup caliber qbs who aren't employed.

But the only excuse for Vince not having a job is because he is blackballed? That's quite a leap to make that connection.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought of a few names

Was gonna say Sprewell. But that dude just kept rejecting contracts so that doesnt qualify him. What was the name of the guy who got caught with Gilbert Arenas and the gun?

Kermit Washington (NBA) claimed on HBO that he was being blackballed after he KO'ed Rudy

Marty McSorley (NHL) was, but that was for a damn good reason.

Bonzi Wells could fit the billPalmeiro (MLB) vanished after he tested positive

What was that guy on the T-Wolves, McCants?Whatever happened to Steve Francis by the way?

Bonzi Wells was on da T'Wolves preseason roster trynna get a job last year. nd take a venture on google real quick real fast he wasnt blackballed dude was batshit crazy lls

Rashad McCants apparently was a headcase nd went into acting

Steve Francis had injury issues, drug addiction nd horrible attitude he wasnt blackballed when u refuse to play for teams dat doesnt leave a good impression its his fault why he aint in da league now nd its a damn shame cuz he was talented as ?
  • Matt-
    Options
    Man bonzi wells cheeseballed himself outta the league

tumblr_lixwt0LNqK1qbxp0io1_400.jpg

Your mothers and fathers would be ashamed to see the way some of you idiots make excuses for these people not being employed
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »

And there are a lot of backup caliber qbs who aren't employed.

But the only excuse for Vince not having a job is because he is blackballed? That's quite a leap to make that connection.

If he was a total scrub QB then that's one thing. He does have some talent so it's kinda odd how a relatively young QB who has a winning record just can't seem to find a job. Especially when worse players are getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances. Yes he had his issues but he's been working hard to prove himself and has taken accountability for his actions. So idk.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Barry Bonds
    T.O.
    A.I.
    Vince Young
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blacks and Latinos how surprising
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vince was blackballed.... he should be starting over alot of these qbs if we are measuring winning and talent... he wasnt in the league this year he got cut
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jack Johnson and Joe Louis
  • Matt-
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    vince was blackballed.... he should be starting over alot of these qbs if we are measuring winning and talent... he wasnt in the league this year he got cut

no he shouldn't
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A.I never really took conditioning seriously and constantly punished his body on n off the court

Bill Simmons mentions in his book all these epic stories NBA players trade about A.I getting trashed, sleeping like 3 hours, waking up like 90 minutes before a game, then dropping 40 points lol

That ? is bound to catch up w/ you eventually and it did.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Has the T/S even came back to try and defend this ? ass thread? lol
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Has the T/S even came back to try and defend this ? ass thread? lol

I made this thread to start up some new talk and get contribution from others, I just through out names to begin with I knew there were more... I work 2 jobs in between the time I get on here, so I don't have all day like you to post and be broke like others...
    All the dudes I named got blackballed and some for good reasoning I'm just pointing out the blackball... Yeah I should've started out with Pete Rose but I was sticking to the modern day era type, last 10 year guys u feel me...

T.O. was definitely blackballed by the NFL, they never had a real reason to turn away from him until he got that end of the season ACL injury and that's when he never got anymore looks, it was like the entire league prayed for the day T.O. got hurt. Not too mention Owens was the most fit NFL player maybe in the history of the game... He came off two seasons of being a quiet soldier in Buffalo and Cincy but somehow only thing he gets remembered for is his bad break ups, which he had alot of responsibility for but was the ultimate worker on the field... They colluded to get Owens out the league, he can still play today as a #2 WR for half the teams in the league...

Barry Bonds got the shaft too but we'll get to that later
  • UncleSlip
    UncleSlip Members Posts: 9
    Options
    As much as I hate to admit it, TO's "past" is a big reason why he hasn't gotten another run. Let's not forget, though, that he came back with Seattle in the preseason, in great shape, but couldn't catch the ball. Is he really worth it?

BTW, AI is my favorite player of this generation--he defined an era. Animosity aside, he hasn't been blackballed. Have you seen what goes down when Philly brings him out? I would love to see him get another run, but can his game truly help anyone (a young team OR contender)?

Jokers get blackballed in MLB. The jury is still out on the other leagues IMO.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Id say Roberto Kelly probably has the blackest ? .

no ? @ this thread