Options

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If any of you ADHD muthafuckas mention Taxi Driver, Scarface and The Godfather...
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    Movies deemed classics but I think are trash

Lord of the Rings ( all of them)
    Star Wars (All of them)
    Star Trek
    Scarface
    Godfather
    Titanic

Those are only ones off the top of my head.

Yes..you are truly an ADHD muthafucka.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off was one of the ? movies ive ever seen

nah you gotta die for this statement ... Ferris was GOAT Zach Morris and Parker Lewis are his sons
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Natural Born Killers was a good choice.

After much deliberation i'm going to have to say that "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" is one of the worst "classic" films I have ever seen. Couldn't believe I sat through this hippie movie ? . This film is a good barometer for determining if you have a drug problem or not.

Yea i think u have to have done acid before to get into that movie.

Chronicles of riddick - its like a bootleg 5th element

Paranormal activity (all of them) - i just don't find them scary or interesting

Pelican brief - dumbest movie I've ever seen and improbable that any of that could ever actually happen

Jason's lyric- when i finally sat down and watched this as an adult i thought it was so corny. There were a few funny scenes and i enjoyed the sex scenes, thats about it.

American gangster - it could've been better

• playmaker88
    Options
    Coach Carter >Sunset Park> Six man >Teen Wolf >HOOSIERS

? was Dead Poets Society with flavorless basketball get mad
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coach Carter >Sunset Park> Six man >Teen Wolf >HOOSIERS

? was Dead Poets Society with flavorless basketball get mad

I would switch Sunset Park and Coach Carter.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    *runs out the LCA*
  • playmaker88
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Juice
    *runs out the LCA*
    Kys stop trollin
  • ocelot
    Options
    Juice
    *runs out the LCA*
    Kys stop trollin
    Movie didn't know what it wanted to be... Acting was good tho.
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    *runs out the LCA*
    Creative choice....

I liked Juice, what I didnt like wa Menace II Society.

The ? was like a corny rap song brought to life. It's unrealistic and full of stereotypical hood niggatry. Caine jumpin back and forth between super thug and ? ass ? was just too much for me.

It's okay but I don't like it as much as South Central or Boyz N The Hood which are comparable movies. It looks like somebody was just trying to capitalize off the gangsta rap craze of the mid-90s.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo Pulp Fiction is GOAT
  • playmaker88
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Juice
    *runs out the LCA*
    Creative choice....

The ? was like a corny rap song brought to life. It's unrealistic and full of stereotypical hood niggatry. Caine jumpin back and forth between super thug and ? ass ? was just too much for me.

It's okay but I don't like it as much as South Central or Boyz N The Hood which are comparable movies. It looks like somebody was just trying to capitalize off the gangsta rap craze of the mid-90s.

I kinda feel that way about most of those "Hood Flicks" outsides of the 90s
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Natural Born Killers was a good choice.

After much deliberation i'm going to have to say that "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" is one of the worst "classic" films I have ever seen. Couldn't believe I sat through this hippie movie ? . This film is a good barometer for determining if you have a drug problem or not.

Yea i think u have to have done acid before to get into that movie.

Chronicles of riddick - its like a bootleg 5th element

Paranormal activity (all of them) - i just don't find them scary or interesting

Pelican brief - dumbest movie I've ever seen and improbable that any of that could ever actually happen

Jason's lyric- when i finally sat down and watched this as an adult i thought it was so corny. There were a few funny scenes and i enjoyed the sex scenes, thats about it.

American gangster - it could've been better

Whoever in your circle thinks those are classics needs to drink a bottle of bleach and swan dive into traffic. I'd mollywhop somebody trying to say Jason's Lyric is a classic anything. And Chronicles of Riddick? What in the blue 44th ? ?

consider this line stolen
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Juice
    *runs out the LCA*
    Creative choice....

I just rewatched Menace II Society for the first time in a long time, in the back of my head thinking I might just be ruining this ? for myself and end up thinking like you, but...I can't co-sign this. Menace II Society holds up nicely and can stand on its own. It will always be in the shadow of Boyz N The Hood because it dropped a little later, but they each have their own voice.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how could someone not like ferris bueller's day off
  • playmaker88
    Options
    im saying it seems like the funnest day ever for a kid a 80's dare i say it "YOLO" there i said it..

ill never say it again
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juice
    *runs out the LCA*
    Creative choice....

It's okay but I don't like it as much as South Central...

You liked South Central more than Menace??? 8-|. If anything South Central was the movie that seem more like a bad rap record.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I saw the remake of Scarface, (y'all do know it's a remake right?) I thought that ? was over the top and those ? were doing too much, that was until I saw this:

220px-Cocainecowboys_promo_cover.jpg

Then I was like, "OH ? !" Those Columbian ? ACTUALLY DID ALL OF THAT ? AND THEY REALLY MADE OF THAT MONEY! After seeing ? Cowboys it not only gives you a an appreciation for Scarface but the documentary puts the film in the proper perspective and lets you know that that movie was an accurate portrayal of what was going on at the time. Also the only difference between Scarface and ? Cowboys is Tony Montana was a male and Cuban and was immediately after getting on the outs with Sosa, while Griselda Blanco was a Columbian female that actually got to live out some of later years before she was finally bodied. /b]

oh yeah that docu is no joke, Griselda Blanco make Marlo Stanfield look like a ? lmao

.....? wanted him assassinated INSIDE the airport......
  • ocelot
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    When I saw the remake of Scarface, (y'all do know it's a remake right?) I thought that ? was over the top and those ? were doing too much, that was until I saw this:

Then I was like, "OH ? !" Those Columbian ? ACTUALLY DID ALL OF THAT ? AND THEY REALLY MADE OF THAT MONEY! After seeing ? Cowboys it not only gives you a an appreciation for Scarface but the documentary puts the film in the proper perspective and lets you know that that movie was an accurate portrayal of what was going on at the time. Also the only difference between Scarface and ? Cowboys is Tony Montana was a male and Cuban and was immediately after getting on the outs with Sosa, while Griselda Blanco was a Columbian female that actually got to live out some of later years before she was finally bodied. /b]

oh yeah that docu is no joke, Griselda Blanco make Marlo Stanfield look like a ? lmao

Couldnt ? with Pablo tho...
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

Couldnt ? with Pablo tho...

she put him on tho...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im saying it seems like the funnest day ever for a kid a 80's dare i say it "YOLO" there i said it..

ill never say it again

anybody who's ever cut class in school can identify with it. I learned from the master when it came to that movie.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually like those Asian action films better, the story lines be trill
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Wiz was completely horrible.