How Old Are the Following Characters?

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
i_dclogohistory.jpg?w=585&h=308

I'm not currently reading new stuff, so this is based on the Post-Crises DCU

Superman, 30

The Batman, 34

Diana appears to be about 27. (For some reason I've always gotten teh impression that Hippolyta forged Diana out of clay during the time of Classical Greece.)

The Flash, (Wally West, 22)

The Martian Manhunter, (I don't think Martians calculate time the same way we do on earth,)

Hawkman and Hawkgirl, Katar appears in about 33, while I think Shayera is 26 in earth years.

Captain Marvel, 27, (Billy Batson 10)

The Green Arrow, 34

Black Carney, 31

Zatana, 23

Nightwing, 24

Red Robin, 19

Commissioner Gordon, 55

Green Lantern (Hal Jordon, 34)

Supergirl, 16

The Joker, 38

Lex Luthor, 40

Ra's A Ghul (on some hella old immortal ? )

Vandal Savage, (on some "Fred Flintstone," hella old ? )

Darkseid (??????)

Black Adam, (? been around since the pyramids were new, google it for you're boy)

Maxwell Lord, 40

Marvel-logo.jpg[img][/img]I'm guessing on the Marvel characters

Mr. Fantastic, 43

The Invisible Woman, 32

Spider-Man, 24

Iron Man, 40

Thor (appears to be 28, though the ? is on some immortal Norse ? ? )

Bruce Banner, 38

Captain America, (chronically 90, looks to be about 26)

The Sub-Mariner (appears to about 30, but is probably hella older.)

Wolverine, 150

Cyclops, 31

Jean Gray, 32

The Beast, 35

Ice Man, 28

Professor X, 50

Rogue, 23

Shadowcat, 18

Storm, 26

Psylocke, 26

Gambit, 29

Mary Jane, 24

Franklin Richards, 5

Dr. Doom, 43

Magneto, (appears to be 32, but is the same age as Xavier)

Galactus, (transcends the concept of age)

Eddie Brock (34)

The Green Goblin, 45

Apocalypse, (on some ancient Egyptian immortal ? )

Sebastian Shaw, 38

How much time has passed since Superman revealed himself to the world and how much time has passed since the Fantastic Four gained their powers? Again, I'm estimating based off of old knowledge.

Comments

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    franklin richards is 10..check the Future Foundation run...

peter parker 24? ?

Supergirl is 18

Wally West and Nightwing to young
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    isnt Superman suppose to be older than Batman since he space traveled and ? .

and Hal is suppose to be older also
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    peter parker 24? ?

Remember, Peter got bite by the spider when he was a sophomore in high school, so that would put his age at 15 or 16 at the time he got his powers. He'll I could make and argument that he might have been younger and possibly could have skipped a grade since Peter was on damn near on some child prodigy ? . By my calculations I figure that possibly eight years has passed since he got his powers.
    Supergirl is 18

Technically at 18 she wouldn't be a "girl." I just picture Kara as being in her mid teens.

Wally West and Nightwing to young

If figure that there's roughly a fifteen year age difference between ? , Wally, The Batman, and Barry
    isnt Superman suppose to be older than Batman since he space traveled and ? .

Depends on when the rocket left Krypton, Supes can be older, but you don't start calculating his age until he gets the too earth. I understand your point though, because technically Kara is older than Kal.
    and Hal is suppose to be older also

You're right about Hal, I would put Hal closer to 40, and he was 34 when he got the ring.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damien wayne aged alot of the bat characters to me
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    isn't there a website where you can look this up?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The post-crisis DCU is irrelevant though so none of this even applies to current continuity. Every single DC character was de-aged 2 years ago. I'm sure some of the Marvel characters have been de-aged too though I'm not sure who they all are since I haven't regularly read Marvel books in almost 8 years outside of Amazing Spider-Man, Hickman's Fantastic Four, All-New X-Men and a handful of more obscure books like S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Warriors, Waid's Daredevil and Rucka's Punisher. The only ones I know of are Peter Parker during the Brand New Day thing & Reed Richards who is now 6 years older than Susan as opposed to 9 years like it was originally.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These are comic books. Unless specifically stated in the books or by the companies themselves...can't really pinpoint how old these dudes are. Just giving ballpark estimates. Comic books run in a floating timeline. Stories that take a year are only like two days in the comic world. The whole Gambit series has been like a month or two in comic book time.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    The post-crisis DCU is irrelevant though so none of this even applies to current continuity. Every single DC character was de-aged 2 years ago. I'm sure some of the Marvel characters have been de-aged too though I'm not sure who they all are since I haven't regularly read Marvel books in almost 8 years outside of Amazing Spider-Man, Hickman's Fantastic Four, All-New X-Men and a handful of more obscure books like S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Warriors, Waid's Daredevil and Rucka's Punisher. The only ones I know of are Peter Parker during the Brand New Day thing & Reed Richards who is now 6 years older than Susan as opposed to 9 years like it was originally.

agreed. Currently, characters in both companies have been given the youth serum so they're younger than the original concepts