Allen Iverson Set To Retire, What Will His Legacy Be To You?

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Allen iverson attended Georgetown from 94-95 and 95-96 the football team was in full effect dun.Nate Robinson was recruited for football and went to school on a football scholarship not basketball yet was good enough to walk on to the basketball team and get drafted into the nba.That's a gifted athlete no matter what u say

Money just said georgetown had no football team now it's some other goalpost moving nonsense foh.Nate is more gifted athlete to me he coulda got drafted to the nfl and was drafted to the nba deoin,brian jordan,bo and anyone else good enough to excel at 2 sports at a D-1 level/Pro level are gifted my opinion won't change we can leave it at that.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    icks86 wrote: »
    cu9p5.gif
    be6avl.gif

? , this ? was so disrespectful that it was the highlight of Tyronn Lue's career. Gotdamn.

Horace Grant was at the end like, "C'mon, Craig."

I looked up "Tyronn Lue" on YouTube, and this was the first video that popped up.

http://youtu.be/I65ADt9abU8

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Playing Division 1 college football>>>>>>>>High school football.Lmao this dude posted some high school football highlights.Nate STARTED on a D-1 football team and went to washington on a football scholarship then walked on to the washington bball squad then became a 1st round draft pick get your ? outta here

Nate 5'8 jumping over 6'11 ? in dunk contests and actually played 2 different D-1 sports Iverson didn't.Unlike iverson he coulda been in the nfl too that's a gifted athlete.

well tommy, its not like georgetown actually has a football team sir

LOL

Yea you completely missed the point.Getting a D-1 football scholarship then walking on to the basketball team and becoming an nba 1st round draft pick is a talented athlete and lol @ georgetown not having a football team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgetown_Hoyas_football

tumblr_mjfek64UCH1rl3fppo1_400.gif

Go bacc to ill pix bruh

dude are you serious?? LOL ? wiki

georgetowns football team was canceled in like the sixties. the ? went on for like 25 - 30 years. the program just came back around the time of iverson and even then they didnt even play in the big east like the basketball team. them ? was playing in the fcs ... they werent even eligible for bowls and i still think it holds true to this day LOLOLOL

furthermore, when AI went to georgetown, it was one of the premier basketball schools in the country. if nate robinson is so great, why'd he not go to a top program?? when you play for a national power house as their star player, they wont even let you run track let alone play another sport full time. washington isnt necessarily a joke, but its not like they got top talented skill players at each others throats to play there LOL

bo jacksons first love was baseball but he said ? it and played football, had a better football career than baseball got drafted by tampa bay and said ? them cause they ? up his final season in college baseball ... you act like nate robinson is some alien talent or something.

so let me get this straight, who's better?? nate robinson or AI??

LOL

Word?

marqise-lee-9-2011-ncaa-football-ucla-bruins-1DWdnF.jpg

marqise-lee-2012-track-field-2012-trojan-y4aHDX.jpg

Marqise Lee, best WR in the country say "what it do?"
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Allen iverson attended Georgetown from 94-95 and 95-96 the football team was in full effect dun.Nate Robinson was recruited for football and went to school on a football scholarship not basketball yet was good enough to walk on to the basketball team and get drafted into the nba.That's a gifted athlete no matter what u say

Money just said georgetown had no football team now it's some other goalpost moving nonsense foh.Nate is more gifted athlete to me he coulda got drafted to the nfl and was drafted to the nba deoin,brian jordan,bo and anyone else good enough to excel at 2 sports at a D-1 level/Pro level are gifted my opinion won't change we can leave it at that.

and this is just another example of your ridiculous narrow minded rhetoric

there was plenty of sarcasm in the no football team post... but you on some chickenheaded ? right now LOL

nate robinson is not better than AI ................. or derrick rose for that matter

like i said ... if nate robinson was that good, he wouldnt even have went to washington in the first place. there are of ton of athletes playing one sport that could transition into another. not to mention this dude has played for like 10 nba teams

oh wait ... tommy cant pick up on sarcasm

nate robinson is on his 6th nba team .... thats 5 in 5 years

have a nice one cuzzin LOL
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure if iverson went to a school with a good football program he would of played. You gotta remember no schools wanted iverson after getting out of prison. John Thompson took iverson cuz his mom begged him so he can have a tough father figure
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Bobby Bowden wanted Iverson to play at FSU.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most gifted ever and gave no ? , ok. ? need to step they nba knowledge up. Warren Jabali anyone
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt Nate would have had any success in the nfl and how hard could it really have been to walk onto washingtons basketball team
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Does anyone know why Nate quit the football team to focus on basketball
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Nate quit the football team to focus on basketball

i think it had a lot to do with getting hit... and guaranteed cash..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Playing Division 1 college football>>>>>>>>High school football.Lmao this dude posted some high school football highlights.Nate STARTED on a D-1 football team and went to washington on a football scholarship then walked on to the washington bball squad then became a 1st round draft pick get your ? outta here

Nate 5'8 jumping over 6'11 ? in dunk contests and actually played 2 different D-1 sports Iverson didn't.Unlike iverson he coulda been in the nfl too that's a gifted athlete.

well tommy, its not like georgetown actually has a football team sir

LOL

Yea you completely missed the point.Getting a D-1 football scholarship then walking on to the basketball team and becoming an nba 1st round draft pick is a talented athlete and lol @ georgetown not having a football team

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgetown_Hoyas_football

tumblr_mjfek64UCH1rl3fppo1_400.gif

Go bacc to ill pix bruh

dude are you serious?? LOL ? wiki

georgetowns football team was canceled in like the sixties. the ? went on for like 25 - 30 years. the program just came back around the time of iverson and even then they didnt even play in the big east like the basketball team. them ? was playing in the fcs ... they werent even eligible for bowls and i still think it holds true to this day LOLOLOL

furthermore, when AI went to georgetown, it was one of the premier basketball schools in the country. if nate robinson is so great, why'd he not go to a top program?? when you play for a national power house as their star player, they wont even let you run track let alone play another sport full time. washington isnt necessarily a joke, but its not like they got top talented skill players at each others throats to play there LOL

bo jacksons first love was baseball but he said ? it and played football, had a better football career than baseball got drafted by tampa bay and said ? them cause they ? up his final season in college baseball ... you act like nate robinson is some alien talent or something.

so let me get this straight, who's better?? nate robinson or AI??

LOL

Word?

marqise-lee-9-2011-ncaa-football-ucla-bruins-1DWdnF.jpg

marqise-lee-2012-track-field-2012-trojan-y4aHDX.jpg

Marqise Lee, best WR in the country say "what it do?"

5217565.jpeg

111210-Robert_Griffin_III-AP111210156894_620x350.jpg

Deion Sanders says "Wassup" too

Sanders_AP_415.jpg
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt Nate would have had any success in the nfl and how hard could it really have been to walk onto washingtons basketball team

yall actin like Washington is a D-3 school or sumthin lls
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

yall actin like Washington is a D-3 school or sumthin lls

the words D-3 and no name school is no where in my post yet yall bring it up, i actually like they basketball team i was just askin how hard it could have been to walk on at them as opposed to a school known for basketball and he only played 1 year and didnt start till towards the end of the season so i dont see how we can just say he would have been good in the nfl
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    So hold on...leading a team to the NCAA tournament twice is slept on now?

Washington may not be a top program but Nate was on the Sweet 16 team and even a 3rd team All American...didn't realize so many walk ons were doing that for no-name programs...

so brandon roy wasnt the best player on the team
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The most exciting player in the league in the early 2000s. Also the most selfish player in the history of the NBA. My fav until the king got here
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's my ? . I remember being in 5th grade and saw that "Who's afraid of Allen Iverson" cover of Slam and begged my Mom to buy it. Was a faithful reader of Slam from 5th grade up until about 2005.

I hope ESPN or TNT signs him up real quick.

Also he's the Father of the modern day shooting sleeve and sleeve tattoo in the NBA.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shame the system got brothers calling other brothers thugs just for living...
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Options
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Can we stop with the arbitrary top.. whatever talented players..
    he was a very talented player where he is at on this imaginary list doesnt matter because no one can compile dissect and produced these list without any objectivity..

• DOPEdweebz
    Options
    he was a very talented player where he is at on this imaginary list doesnt matter because no one can compile dissect and produced these list without any objectivity..

Its opinion you cant tell people that they cant have an opinion on how talented someone is.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    That's my ? . I remember being in 5th grade and saw that "Who's afraid of Allen Iverson" cover of Slam and begged my Mom to buy it. Was a faithful reader of Slam from 5th grade up until about 2005.

Also he's the Father of the modern day shooting sleeve and sleeve tattoo in the NBA.

Lol.. ? what??.. he has a better chance of being a 106 and park host

If Shaq and Barkley can do it, they not the most eloquent ppl in sports. Lol. But I understand his reputation and maybe even his mindset right now might not help him make that transition.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

Its opinion you cant tell people that they cant have an opinion on how talented someone is.

Yes i can .. its my opinion

If Shaq and Barkley can do it, they not the most eloquent ppl in sports. Lol. But I understand his reputation and maybe even his mindset right now might not help him make that transition.

Nothing about Ai says TV though.. shaqs always been goofy and a ham.. and barkley has always been opinionated
    Ai wouldnt even show up to meetings
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i heard hella people say AI will stop in da middle of his sentence, stare at u for like 10 seconds then pick up da convo again like nuthin happened, u cant do dat ? on TV lls
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

Yes i can .. its my opinion

Nothing about Ai says TV though.. shaqs always been goofy and a ham.. and barkley has always been opinionated
    Ai wouldnt even show up to meetings

Smh n lol at the same time