Magic
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Dr. J is the best 3 ever.

He's arguably top 3 at his position but top 3 all time?? Nah

The best 3 as in the best SF ever, not top 3 all-time.

That's your opinion bruh, but ima say the real Lbj,Bird and Scottie Pippen (yes Pippen) >>>>>Dr.J and its a toss up between Dr, J and Baylor

whoa whoa whoa...hold up ....Pippen over Dr. J? hahaha

Wow

I think you may be overating Pip just a tad bruh

• wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? really hate Pippen on this site smh. It's not absurd to rate him over DR.J, they're both all time greats.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr J is the Jordan of that era... All my uncles and folk that age love him and say he is the best.
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Talk to me about Dr. J's jumpshot. Never really see that in the highlight films. Legit statement.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at Magic Johnson catching feelings over this, i hope he has the cure for that too.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Talk to me about Dr. J's jumpshot. Never really see that in the highlight films. Legit statement.
    Come on bruh, when have jump shots been highlights lol
  • FlightKing
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at Magic Johnson catching feelings over this, i hope he has the cure for that too.

magic-johnson-clapping-nosmile.jpg
    Come on bruh, when have jump shots been highlights lol

LOL, you get my point. Kobe, MJ, LBJ, Bird, AI, McGrady, etc. have jumpers in their highlights. I missed Dr. J, breh...enlighten me. I'm pretty sure his J was shaky from what little I've seen and heard. I'm asking.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr. J had super creative layups and dunks that nobody had seen before in the history of the game. Why would some wackass jumpshot make his highlight tape?
  • FlightKing
    Options
    Aight, ? , lemme rephrase this question since ya'll reading keywords then responding.

How is Dr. J's shooting abilities? Since he's before my time, I didn't see him play so I wouldn't know. All I see is highlight tapes of him doing super creative layups and dunks...but I can say that for Dominique Wilkins too.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    LJ can't have an opinion? LOL at Magic getting upset cause he keeps LJ's name in his mouth any chance he gets but LJ doesn't put him in his top three. It's probably because he's one of the worts NBA commentators of all time.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight, ? , lemme rephrase this question since ya'll reading keywords then responding.

How is Dr. J's shooting abilities? Since he's before my time, I didn't see him play so I wouldn't know. All I see is highlight tapes of him doing super creative layups and dunks...but I can say that for Dominique Wilkins too.

shut yo mouth at the bolded,disrespect nique and you go get served
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFWNlN19jCQ
  • FlightKing
    Options
    _DUB_ wrote: »

shut yo mouth at the bolded,disrespect nique and you go get served
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFWNlN19jCQ

Not if I'm wearing this
    adidas-boston-celtics-larry-bird-soul-swingman-jersey-profile.jpg
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.J couldn't shoot, i thought that was a universal fact...

I forgot about him but my ? Hondo>>Dr.J

8 Rings 1FMvp

Better shooter, WAY better defender, better in ast and getting teammates involved,better scorer imo he put up 26K+ points with no 3 point line and he leads the Cs in points all time which is also impressive...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

8 Rings 1FMvp

Better shooter, WAY better defender, better in ast and getting teammates involved,better scorer imo he put up 26K+ points with no 3 point line and he leads the Cs in points all time which is also impressive...

bruh, you talking like you was around watching this ? live, GTFOH.

Lmao real ? .. the only ? i seen ever was Havlicek steals the ball..

"my ? ".. ? please
  • blu197
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

8 Rings 1FMvp

bruh, you talking like you was around watching this ? live, GTFOH.

I can say the same for yall about Dr.J so what's your point?

Hondo>>>

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blu on da come up.This lil boy been doin his homework and studying the history of da game even tho he spazzes like an emotional maniac at times he makes compelling arguments
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? in here hating on tht lil ? but he supporting every claim
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

kinda like the ? who said he got him in his top 3 lol
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GQzh1-0jx8

Dr. J ? ????

Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Russell ... below Dr. J and Bird.

Not that Lebron opinion matters but interesting to hear what the greats think

what the ? !!! man basketball wouldnt be played the way it is today without Dr J

who is the greatest player to ever play in the league??

now tell us who he paid homage to??

DR JULIUS ERVING MD .... thats who

he is a legend to legends
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    also you have to break this down into era's

its like the bible. the old testament bill russell etc. then DR J is immaculately concepted like jesus, now the new testament is being written bird magic jordan etc

DOC IS THE ONLY GREAT TO OVERLAP THESE ERA'S .... AND THE REASON WHY IS BECAUSE HE REVOLUTIONIZED THE GAME. HE WAS THE FIRST CAT DUNKING ON PEOPLE, DOING REVERSE LAYUPS ETC. he made the NBA BUY THE ABA. there is no modern basketball with out the doc

somebody up that documentary
  • blu197
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Dr.J is a legend but most of his legacy comes from being the first popular black guard/forward and his swag with the fro and ? .... He didnt run the 70s or 80s by any means, but he was the most exciting player to watch at that time (until Magic brought showtime) just b/c he was the most exciting player doesn't mean he was best.. theres a reason his stats dropped about 25% across the board when he got to the NBA, he wasnt a good defender he only has 1 ABA all defensive 1st team award and none in the NBA, he wasnt a good shooter this is guy who took a minimal amount of 3s and shot 29% in the ABA and 26% once he got the NBA, he wasnt a good playmaker just look @ his ast numbers.... So my top 5 SFs are LBJ,Bird,Hondo,Pippen,KD... It's a toss up for the 6th spot between Dr.J and Baylor
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

kinda like the ? who said he got him in his top 3 lol

Let it go dawg yall got a team on da come up lls