Stereotypes:Pickup Basketball

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Bunch of scrubs talking...idgaf how tall you are...do what you do best on the court

I can agree wit dat
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ill play wherever i got to, im a guard but my dad taught me to play in the post when i was young so i aint ever had a problem with it.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Im saying if u tall as ? why not play down low and get easy buckets. ? if u got a in between game I'm fine with that. But to not even exploit a match up advantage is poor basketball IQ..
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw somebody get hit wit one of these today on the fastbreak, man I gotta learn how to do it at full speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGqZnBmMkuc
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and growing up I was taller than everyone I played against, in rec league, city, and through jr. high; so the coaching staff put me at Center just because of my height. That ? stunted my ball handling ability until my uncle took me to the side and worked with me on dribbling drills in case I stopped growing. I basically stopped growing in the 8th grade.

when I got to high school, same thing with the coaches putting me in the paint, so i was basically one of the tallest kats in school, so I played the 4-5; tallest player was about 6'7". i had the ability to play the paint, block shots, box out and grab boards, but was never put in the position to use my handling. I played with too many black holes to showcase my full range. My uncles wanted me to transfer out of the school during the season when they saw the coaches weren't ? . No schools was looking at a slightly built, 6'4" center, and never will.

So all that I've learned, the ability to play the paint, take you off the dribble, and I worked on my long range game as I got older are incorporated into my gym/streetball game. And I got a mean long range game, on some prime Gilbert Arenas level. I may be 6'4", 240 lbs (working on that), but I'll do what I have to do to stay on the court.
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont care if you're 6'10. If you can't score on the double team and pass out the post when you get doubled I'm not giving it to you. ? ?
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    props for this thread.

when saw the title i didnt think it would be bout ? . but some solid jokes in this muthafucka lol

@marc123 On the real I kind of figured a couple dudes would drop some stories then it would just die down...but then again it's way too many sports heads up in here to NOT have some stories to share...

• kAjUn
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That sweaty ass patrick ewing ? that always plays with no shirt.
    Bruh I despise playing against those slimes....

It's like rubbing up against a human spit ball...what be killing me is when it's the malnutrition ? that be sweating so much...
  • kAjUn
    Options
    The Constant Yeller/Carlos ? /Meek Mill ? : Before the game starts he is already yellin "GET YOU FACES ON ? ".. When the ball is about to be checked "COME ON,CHECK THAT".. when he gets a rebound "GIMME THAT ? " "THAT ? MINE ? " "I GOT THAT ? ".. When somebody else on he gets a rebound "YOU GOT THAT ? " "GET THAT ? " "DON'T LET HIM GET THAT ? ".. When he gets a basket "AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH" "THAT'S GROWN MAN BALL ? ".. when he gets a block "GET THAT ? ALL THEY THE ? OUTTA HERE" "THAT'S ALL BALL"

The injury risk/I got to seat this one out ? : You hope when go the gym this ? doesn't show up.. Or isn't there.. Because its only a matter of time.. before this soft ass ? gets "hurt".. He could be going for a loose ball and somehow throw out his shoulder.. He gets his shot blocked and manages to separate his shoulder.. He goes up for rebound and will magically injury his foot/ankle.. When he gets fouled hard going to basket.. He acts like he having seizure ground.. He always comes down with some kind of flu.. especially when he team is losing...

The best basketball player in your hood/I should've been All Star in NBA/ I would've been best player college basketball delusional ? : This ? is respect in your hood as best basketball player in area.. Any who goes one on one with usually loses badly to him.. But this ? ego is out of the world.. If anybody asks why isn't in Association.. since he so good.. And give different crazy answer.. "I should be in the NBA right now.. But they switch up the draft rules on a ? .. I ready to come straight out of High School" "But I know I could be All Star in NBA cause in AAU.. I dropped like 50 going against Kevin Durant".. If ask him if ever got any chances to go play college ball.. "I went on recruiting trip down to Duke.. Coach K told me best HS basketball player seen since Lebron.. but i went around campus and saw that the ? down there were too ugly" "I got some many offers I lost count.. I but I to busy move this bricks.. I was like ? it"...

The Jordan Stan/Brand ? : This ? idolizes Jordan lil too much.. All his stuff he wears has to be Jordan brand from his shirt to his shorts and shoes.. When gets on the court he'll even imitate his mannerisms.. He try shot his jump shot like Jordan.. After he hits a tough jumper he'll shrug his shoulders like Jordan.. He try palm the ball with one hand like Jordan.. Even though his to small and he up turnover the ball.. and lookin real stupid in the process...

The Wannabe Dunk Champ: This ? loves to dunk.. He could be wide open for three.. Instead he'll wait til a defender runs a him so he can get by him.. and slash to basket and dunk.. He loves try and posterize ? during games.. He gets mad when ? don't throw him alley oops on fast breaks and when cuts to basket.. Have this ? on your team can hurt you.. because this ? will try to do stupid ? like try dunk over three people standing in lane.. and he'll try crazy dunks he can't do.. Like a 360 in between legs type ? .. He doesn't give a ? team wins as long as he gets his 10 to 15 in the game...

tumblr_inline_mk543zWzp61rg4uy0_zps93969e85.gif
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some similarities in soccer too. One of my friends is "The Pants Guy". Smh
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smdh @ this thread. Got me talking about basketball at work. Imo, if you're playing pick up ball and you're the tallest person out there, you need to be in the paint at least on D. ESPECIALLY if you're a college player. Unless you basically went through life with ? coaches/mentors/parents/role models, you know enough post moves to score on regular dudes who are shorter than you. But if you're tall and actually hit those 3s, I won't say ? . I'll keep feeding you. 
  • kAjUn
    Options
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    Smdh @ this thread. Got me talking about basketball at work. Imo, if you're playing pick up ball and you're the tallest person out there, you need to be in the paint at least on D. ESPECIALLY if you're a college player. Unless you basically went through life with ? coaches/mentors/parents/role models, you know enough post moves to score on regular dudes who are shorter than you. But if you're tall and actually hit those 3s, I won't say ? . I'll keep feeding you. 

Now what if the person he's guarding a perimeter player and only shoot jumpers?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The I don't speak a lick or understand English short Mexican Guy who can telepathically read your thoughts and always be at the perfect spot to receive your pass, drive to the lane and get clobbered and still get the bucket
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They forgot the hack... Dude that hacks everyone u have all types of scratches on your arms and hands after a game..

That's the football player
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dude that only shoots from his favorite spot on the court; ? will have a wide open layup and run to the corner to shoot a 3
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The dude that only shoots from his favorite spot on the court; ? will have a wide open layup and run to the corner to shoot a 3

I played with 1 dude in my life like that and I've lived and played ball in 3 different states in numerous cities.

? was more frustrating than a ? that don't pass.

I ? hate that guy. Right side corner 3 was his spot.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Westbrook"

Hops...fast.... handles...

Couldnt make lay up save his life
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    They forgot the hack... Dude that hacks everyone u have all types of scratches on your arms and hands after a game..

That's the football player

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u0CLdVlJ4eA