DoUwant2go2Heaven's religious prophecy of the day: There's Something About Syria

Options
janklow
janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Syria, are you ready for these?.

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question: Where is "the often claimed to be" oldest continuously inhabited city in the world at?

Answer: Damascus, Syria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_continuously_inhabited_cities

I find it interesting that there is still a unfulfilled prophecy in the book of Isaiah that directly references the fate of this city.

"A prophecy against Damascus: See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins."
    Isaiah 17:1

And folks still don't believe that Jesus Christ is ? ? SMH............
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question: Where is "the often claimed to be" oldest continuously inhabited city in the world at?

Answer: Damascus, Syria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_continuously_inhabited_cities

I find it interesting that there is still a unfulfilled prophecy in the book of Isaiah that directly references the fate of this city.

"A prophecy against Damascus: See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins."
    Isaiah 17:1

And folks still don't believe that Jesus Christ is ? ? SMH............

maybe some zionist jews trying to fulfill their written prophecy
    maybe they dropped that chemical ?
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Predicting that a city wouldn't last, hundreds of years ago is insignificant as ? .

It's like me predicting that a poster here won't be alive 100 years from now.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Predicting that a city wouldn't last, hundreds of years ago is insignificant as ? .

Not insignificant when you realize Isaiah prophesied this over 2,700 years ago, not just "hundreds of years" ago.

And taking into consideration the fact that Damascus is known as being the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, the prophecy of it's destruction definitely holds tremendous weight.

Last but not least the destruction of Damascus is an end-time prophecy, which also let's those who are watching and praying know the times and seasons in which we are living. Amen and Amen.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not insignificant when you realize Isaiah prophesied this over 2,700 years ago, not just "hundreds of years" ago.

And taking into consideration the fact that Damascus is known as being the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, the prophecy of it's destruction definitely holds tremendous weight.

Last but not least the destruction of Damascus is an end-time prophecy, which also let's those who are watching and praying know the times and seasons in which we are living. Amen and Amen.

The end is nigh?
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

The longer it's been since a city's founding, the more likely it will fall into ruin bruh.

There is nothing significant about predicting a city will come to an end; and having to wait over 2700 years for the prediction to come true.

Now if the prediction was that it would be destroyed exactly 2700 years later or something, it'd be an impressive prediction.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He gave no date in when it would fall. He didn't say how it would fall. If thats the case in 1,000 years I predict L.A is gonna be nothing but ruins and that Las Vegas is gonna be taken back by the desert. Someone put that ? in a book for me so I can be considered a prophet.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

The end is nigh?

It's at the doors my friend. I believe the end coming in the next couple Decades would be a generous guesstimation.

And to qualify "the end" I mean the 7 year tribulation period, which starts with the total nuclear annihilation of the United States of America aka Babylon the Great.

Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

The longer it's been since a city's founding, the more likely it will fall into ruin bruh.

There is nothing significant about predicting a city will come to an end; and having to wait over 2700 years for the prediction to come true.

Now if the prediction was that it would be destroyed exactly 2700 years later or something, it'd be an impressive prediction.

If you want to minimize the prophetic scriptures, be my guest. It still doesn't negate the prophecy nor the fact that it will be literally fulfilled. Amen.

The things of ? are foolishness to those who don't believe, so until you are born again my friend, you will continue to wag your head and shake your fist to all things that are true, right, and holy. That is what the unregenerate person naturally does, so your just doing what you naturally know to do. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »

He gave no date in when it would fall. He didn't say how it would fall. If thats the case in 1,000 years I predict L.A is gonna be nothing but ruins and that Las Vegas is gonna be taken back by the desert. Someone put that ? in a book for me so I can be considered a prophet.

Dates are meaningless my friend. A day is a thousand years and a thousand years are as a day to the Almighty. ? isn't bound by time, being that He exists outside of it and is the creator of it. Date setting is not a feature of the prophetic word.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    You can be like the ostrich and stick your head in the sand by ignoring the obvious signs of the times, which most people will

Or

You can open up the word of ? and start studying the prophecies to see what is shortly going to come to pass. The outline of major end time events are all contained in the Bible. Those who are wise will understand, those who are foolish won't.

Amen.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    SMH @ Dates being meaningless to making predictions.

Calling it now: Obama will eat something that will make him feel nauseous.

Mark my words.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    I hate overly religious people ? letting a book shape their destiny instead of trying to make there own.

Back to the thread ? all this. US need to mind our own damn business.

If you want to remain ignorant be my guest. But for Those who have ears to hear let them hear! Hallelujah!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Where no vision is the people perish! With that being the case, I speak to those who are wise for we must consider the larger implications of what is going on here. So some food for thought:

Could the Syria conflict be part of the trap that ? says will ensnare Babylon and thus lead to it's destruction?

"I'll set a trap for you, and you will be caught, Babylon, but you don't realize it. You will be found and also seized, because you challenged the LORD!" Jeremiah 50:24

The battle lines have been drawn and the key players are already in position. How it all unfolds, only time will tell. There are much bigger things going on here and only those with spiritual eyes will be able to discern them. Amen.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Onion's Miley Cyrus prophecy >>> Biblical prophecy.

http://youtu.be/HOgj2etJs3Y